• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

2024 Chevy Colorado ZR2

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
I did the same thing. Almost bought a ZR2, but couldn't get past the dated interior.
For the new models, currently I'm leaning towards a ZR2 as I believe the Raptor will be overpriced, but I need to wait and see.
I'm still not 100% sold on the twins interior though. I do not like the yellow stitching on the ZR2 and I'm not a fan of the round dash vents. I much prefer the dash of the AT4x with the square~ish vents, but I hate the color choices they used. It's way to busy. Plus the AT4x is significantly more expensive than the ZR2.
I'm not buying until 2025, so at the moment, my plan is to get a ZR2 and replace the dash with the GM one, as they will be available at the wreckers by then.
But I'll probably change my mind 100 times before I buy, so who knows....
Yeah I agree. The ZR2 interior color is really the only thing I dislike about it.
Sponsored

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
But I'll probably change my mind 100 times before I buy, so who knows....
Yep this would be me too & after a couple short term vehicles my next one has to be a decade long commitment so I’m feeling the pressure to evaluate carefully. I’m like you preferring the dash look in the GMC, but then I’m most interested in the Denali which doesn’t really have a Chevy equivalent.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Scooter

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
Yes, the fake stuff seems the norm. The car that bewildered me with fake things is the new Toyota Supra. Something like 10 air vents that do not do anything besides styling.

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
We all poke fun at fake styling, but at the end of the day, pretty sure that how a car looks, is one of the major reasons why someone chooses a car.

OP
OP
Scooter

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist

AlloyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Laramie Sport
I don't have time to count how many fake plastic boy racer styling gimmicks this things has.

The massive hood "power bulge" is funny too, considering that a 2.7 four cylinder is under there.
Screenshot 2023-03-08 at 9.05.01 AM.png
How many V8 engines in 1/2 ton trucks make 430 lb/ft of torque?

Chevy styling (which is odd to admit considering their history) is spot-on in the last couple of years. They are nailing it. Unfortunately I swore years ago I'd never own a GM product ever again.

Sponsored

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
We help people sell their car's in the easiest way possible.
I don't have time to count how many fake plastic boy racer styling gimmicks this things has.

The massive hood "power bulge" is funny too, considering that a 2.7 four cylinder is under there.
Screenshot 2023-03-08 at 9.05.01 AM.png
Gotta fake it till you make it lol.