• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

2024 Ranger Raptor ADM Market Adjustment Price = CRAZY

vauldur

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tesla Model Y
So I finally was about to pull the trigger on a Raptor order. Sat down with the dealer. They told me they were allocated 1 Raptor Ranger. I warned them that if there was a Market Adjustment I would have to reconsider doing this order. Well after 40 minutes of waiting, they came back was a TWENTY THOUSAND DOLLAR adjustment. Final price before trade would have been $83,000 with taxes. I'm sorry thats BS. The next closest dealer said $5000. Ugh... this hunt for one this late is an adventure.
Sponsored

Raynger24

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Escape SE, 23 Colorado LT
So I finally was about to pull the trigger on a Raptor order. Sat down with the dealer. They told me they were allocated 1 Raptor Ranger. I warned them that if there was a Market Adjustment I would have to reconsider doing this order. Well after 40 minutes of waiting, they came back was a TWENTY THOUSAND DOLLAR adjustment. Final price before trade would have been $83,000 with taxes. I'm sorry thats BS. The next closest dealer said $5000. Ugh... this hunt for one this late is an adventure.
Forgive my inexperience on this as I'm purchasing an XLT and not a Raptor. But can one just not do a retail build and price? I read Ford is insisting "retail MSRP must be followed" I take it, that of course is not being followed?

OP
OP

vauldur

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tesla Model Y
Forgive my inexperience on this as I'm purchasing an XLT and not a Raptor. But can one just not do a retail build and price? I read Ford is insisting "retail MSRP must be followed" I take it, that of course is not being followed?
They aren't discounting the MSRP. I still pay that so they're still compliant. They're just adding on their fees like this adjustment.,

Sponsored

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
Doing a Retail order does nothing to keep Dealers from adding a 'market adjustment' (ADM) to it.

There are Dealers that are upfront about it and others that lure you in with MSRP then spring the market adjustment on you when it hits the lot.

Raynger24

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Escape SE, 23 Colorado LT
They aren't discounting the MSRP. I still pay that so they're still compliant. They're just adding on their fees like this adjustment.,
Doing a Retail order does nothing to keep Dealers from adding a 'market adjustment' (ADM) to it.

There are Dealers that are upfront about it and others that lure you in with MSRP then spring the market adjustment on you when it hits the lot.
I have read Ford was "really cracking down" on this ADM B.S. When it comes to money, I guess there are never really any teeth" to these alledged "crack downs" as that is one hell of an adjustment! Thank you both for the explanation.

Last edited:

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
$5000 ADM is the average, no ADM can be found but is uncommon.

Anything over 5k tell them to eat a bag of dicks.

Before you turn your nose up at $5,000 expand your thought process outside the normal box. Look at how MSRP is increasing annually and then take into account allocation size.

What I am saying is if you cannot readily find one without ADM and you're going to choose to wait for future batches you may end up paying $5,000 or something similar to it when all is said and done just the natural course of price increases.

Would you rather pay $5,000 and enjoy the truck now or pay $5,000 later at some undisclosed time for the same truck?

The worst case scenario is a year or two down the line you end up paying more due to natural price increases and you still have to contend with a $5,000 ADM. Now you're paying $10,000 total.

But here's the thing people think that these things are going to be readily available and sooner or later dealerships are going to drop the ADM shenanigans but all you have to do is look at something like the bronco Raptor to see this is a pipe dream.

I'm telling you the people on here who are able to purchase them without ADM are just anecdotal and not anywhere near the norm and they happen to live in an area where the dealership where they're just get that lucky.

And any current allocations not being snapped up by customers will surely be snapped up by the dealership themselves for their lot inventory so the pool of overall raptors and your ability to get one at whatever price you decide on basically shrinks everyday that goes by.

Cliff Notes; $5000 ADM isn't as bad as people think. And quite frankly people like to talk about their standards in spending money but if $5,000 is the difference between a product you can buy and can't buy then you probably couldn't afford a $56,000 truck to start with let's just be real.

Last edited:
OP
OP

vauldur

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tesla Model Y
$5000 ADM is the average, no ADM can be found but is uncommon.

Anything over 5k tell them to eat a bag of dicks.

Before you turn your nose up at $5,000 expand your thought process outside the normal box. Look at how MSRP is increasing annually and then take into account allocation size.

What I am saying is if you cannot readily find one without ADM and you're going to choose to wait for future batches you may end up paying $5,000 or something similar to it when all is said and done just the natural course of price increases.

Would you rather pay $5,000 now and enjoy the truck now or pay $5,000 later at some undisclosed time for the same truck?
I hear you. But theres plenty of alternative vehicles i could get for cheaper. Its not that important anymore the further i research this. $5k is the cheapest so far, a $10k, and now two at $20k marked up (these two are actually owned by the same owner.)

this isn’t a Christmas PlayStation 5. It’s a $57,000 MSRP vehicle. And i hope Ford will learn to reallocate inventory to dealers that will comply to sensibility.

Last edited:

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
I hear you. But theres plenty of alternative vehicles i could get for cheaper. Its not that important anymore the further i research this. $5k is the cheapest so far, a $10k, and now two at $20k marked up (these two are actually owned by the same owner.)
Well sure I could buy a vehicle that's 1/2 the cost of a Raptor but that's not really the point is it? The Raptor is literally the closest thing to anything available on the market for this class of truck that is actually an all-in-one package.

No optioning of higher end components they are all standard.

The only question buyers should be asking is do I need all these features or am I going to spend the same amount on the aftermarket to accomplish similar goals.

Sponsored

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Just gonna leave this right here.

IMG_0643.jpeg
I tried to explain this to my wife when she goes clothes shopping but I learned there ain't no point.

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Paying a 5k ADM sucks, HOWEVER think of it this way, it's probably still cheaper AND more capable than the competing trucks from toyota, chevy, gmc and nissan.

Mcssls

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Nurse
I refuse to pay $1 ADM. if ford dealers are going to do this I’ll be going elsewhere. Their product is not worth that price. When I’m ready to buy I’ll inquire and then..?
Sponsored