• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

2024 Ranger Raptor Height - does it include antenna?

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
https://www.ranger6g.com/forum/attachments/2024-ranger-body-builders-layout-guide-pdf.39231/

Based on this sheet that height does not seem to include the shark fin and antenna in the diagram. If the antenna is the same as the 5G it’s about 6-8” long. However a lot of 5G guys have swapped the antenna for a stubby replacement from Amazon that’s about the same height as the shark fin which is about 3-4” tall.

Take this with a grain of salt. That’s only how I interpret this.

OP
OP

Dubfound

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
https://www.ranger6g.com/forum/attachments/2024-ranger-body-builders-layout-guide-pdf.39231/

Based on this sheet that height does not seem to include the shark fin and antenna in the diagram. If the antenna is the same as the 5G it’s about 6-8” long. However a lot of 5G guys have swapped the antenna for a stubby replacement from Amazon that’s about the same height as the shark fin which is about 3-4” tall.

Oh cool. Thanks for the link and heads up about the shorter one. My garage clearance is 80” and don’t want to rip it off. Haha

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Oh cool. Thanks for the link and heads up about the shorter one. My garage clearance is 80” and don’t want to rip it off. Haha
You can search for the thread at ranger5g.com but it’s call the Stubby if I’m. Not mistaken and cuts a lot of height.

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)

Do you happen to have a link for that shark fin replacement? I may be tempted to do that.

Sponsored

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Do you happen to have a link for that shark fin replacement? I may be tempted to do that.
The shark fin is not replaced, just the antenna. You can get a stubby for like $20.00

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The shark fin is not replaced, just the antenna. You can get a stubby for like $20.00
Even better! I was tempted to just replace the antenna with a rubber plug to keep water out. I never listen to radio and the antenna sticks up way too high.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Even better! I was tempted to just replace the antenna with a rubber plug to keep water out. I never listen to radio and the antenna sticks up way too high.
The radio will actually still work without the antenna. But the stubby sticks out only a few mm over the shark fin so you might as well use the stubby.

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The radio will actually still work without the antenna. But the stubby sticks out only a few mm over the shark fin so you might as well use the stubby.
I found it and the pictures in the reviews look way better than stock.

Stubby

Sponsored

DangerMouseUK

First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor
Do we know what the total height is with the aerial - are we saying 83.9 on the safe side in total?

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Do we know what the total height is with the aerial - are we saying 83.9 on the safe side in total?
It’s not documented anywhere that I can find but the 5G antenna is about 8 inches long so that’s probably a good estimate. The stubby will cut about 5-6 inches off that (even with the height of the shark fin).

DangerMouseUK

First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor
Thanks for that I'm gonna go with roughly 2.15 metres or so then as a safe clearance height to work with!

Heard of some people reversing their new Rangers in car parks and taking the aerial clean off!!

CrustyNoodle

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 BMW 135i, '19 Rangie Sport, '23 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I have a 2023 Ranger Raptor and when I enter carparks with a 2.0 meter height bar the aerial just knocks it - 2.0 meter = 78.8 in. approximately.

If I enter a carpark with a 2.1 meter height bar I get no contact. 2.1 meter = 82.7 in.

So I'd say the height with standard wheels, tyres and suspension with aerial attached is between 79" and 83" and probably closer to the lower end of that range.

MichealStuff

First Name
Michiel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger raptor 3.0 2023
I have a long antenna on my raptor, where can I get a shark vin replacement?
Sponsored