• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

O.p.99

First Name
Opie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
So let’s say someone places an order next week. Would they be pushed to Job 2 because all of the Job 1 scheduling is finalized tomorrow? Or is it just for September scheduling and on a future date they’ll do October scheduling? From the Raptor thread it appears September were the only build dates, but not sure if that’s just because it’s the Raptor.
There is still a high number of RR that has not be scheduled yet.. Just have to wait and see what they decide to do with the scheduling on the rest of the RR build dates passed September.
Sponsored

Deleted member 6764

Do dealers not need allocation for regular Rangers too?
From everything I understand yes, but that gets debated.

On the other topic, Job 2 is rumored to be late fall towards winter, when the 2.7L will be an option.

pyates999

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150
Occupation
Foreman
Do dealers not need allocation for regular Rangers too?
Apparently they do as I spoke with my dealer GM on Monday about my Raptor order that is their 1 & only allocation & he said that they had just received a non Raptor allocation & it was the only one they were getting which was strange to me because I would think Ford would want as many out there as they could produce.

maxpetrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
My order got scheduled this week! for Sept 18.

cant come fast enough haha!

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Apparently they do as I spoke with my dealer GM on Monday about my Raptor order that is their 1 & only allocation & he said that they had just received a non Raptor allocation & it was the only one they were getting which was strange to me because I would think Ford would want as many out there as they could produce.
The Raptor and regular Ranger allocations are different. Regular customers retail orders allocations are awarded monthly. Did your dealer mention if they sold any regular Rangers? Could be they only sold 1 and 1 allocated to that would be perfectly normal. Also we’re nearly to the end of this month, so no further allocations for this month would also be normal.

Sponsored

pyates999

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150
Occupation
Foreman
The Raptor and regular Ranger allocations are different. Regular customers retail orders allocations are awarded monthly. Did your dealer mention if they sold any regular Rangers? Could be they only sold 1 and 1 allocated to that would be perfectly normal. Also we’re nearly to the end of this month, so no further allocations for this month would also be normal.
He mentioned none of what you stated. But it seems as though you have knowledge about the process. Perhaps you can shed some light on the process of scheduling also & how Ford determines what orders to pull.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
He mentioned none of what you stated. But it seems as though you have knowledge about the process. Perhaps you can shed some light on the process of scheduling also & how Ford determines what orders to pull.
That topic has been discussed to death already and not going rehash in detail again here. I’m speaking from my personal experience of ordering through receiving my 2022 Maverick. I learned a lot working hands on with my dealer.

Short version is: yes it requires an allocation at your dealer to get your specific order built- and they are awarded (or not) on a monthly basis using a complicated formula internally within Ford.

Certain circumstances with limited production vehicles like Raptors, Shelbys and others Ford chooses to award allocations in advance so dealers have some clue and can change on fly anytime they want. So 1 Ranger Raptor allocation per dealer announced in advance with more TBD. Same rule not applied to other Rangers.

Raynger24

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Escape SE, 23 Colorado LT
Short version is: yes it requires an allocation at your dealer to get your specific order built- and they are awarded (or not) on a monthly basis using a complicated formula internally within Ford. Certain circumstances with limited production vehicles like Raptors, Shelbys and others Ford chooses to award allocations in advance so dealers have some clue and can change on fly anytime they want. So 1 Ranger Raptor allocation per dealer announced in advance with more TBD. Same rule not applied to other Rangers.
Ranger#5?, you are not going to believe this coming from me! But, the above, I understand and makes complete sense!