Sponsored

2024 XL | Upgraded From Halogen to Raptor LED Tail Lights

cenzey

Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2025
Threads
3
Messages
6
Reaction score
2
Location
Central Arkansas
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger XL
Today I upgraded my 2024 Ford Ranger XL from the stock halogen taillights to a set of LED taillights from eBay. They look pretty similar to the Raptor taillights and are a significant upgrade over the stock XL lights.

The only issue is that the new LEDs are causing hyperflash, even though the taillights themselves appear to blink normally. Has anyone dealt with this or know how to correct it?

Are there any other precautions I should take when using aftermarket taillights? I plan to keep the original halogen housings just in case, but I would like to make these new lights last as long as possible.

Ford Ranger 2024 XL | Upgraded From Halogen to Raptor LED Tail Lights tail lamps
Sponsored

 
OP
OP

cenzey

Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2025
Threads
3
Messages
6
Reaction score
2
Location
Central Arkansas
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger XL
Did you remember to install the included resistor? it plugs into the tail light assembly and has a backing plate with 3M tape. I have the same kit and no issues with hyperflash
Ahhh, that was the problem. I missed them at the bottom of the box. Thank you!
 

pezdyspensr

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
83
Reaction score
51
Location
New England
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger STX
Nice XL upgrade! Considering that resistors generate tons of heat and eventually pose a failure point, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a Forscan setting you could change. Of course the LED requires far less power than halogen, not sure if the settings are that granular, or if you could just shut off the bulb out warning, which I think is a BCM function and maybe what causes the blinking.

EDIT: just found this F150 forum thread that addresses the very thing:
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...-to-oe-raptor-led-taillight-with-bliss.22095/
 

superj

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jason
Joined
Feb 8, 2025
Threads
44
Messages
4,002
Reaction score
3,869
Location
Corpus christi texas
Vehicle(s)
2024 ford ranger, 2019 wrangler, 2018 mazda3
Occupation
Retired
I hope you dont attract those guys who like to steal ranger and f150 tail lights.
 

ShadowDragon24

Well-Known Member
First Name
Tyler
Joined
Apr 20, 2025
Threads
6
Messages
664
Reaction score
621
Location
Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
Vehicle(s)
2025 Ranger XLT Fx4
Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Forscan and disable bulb outtage. thats what I did, when I added led amber turn signals front and rear.
Sponsored

 
 







Top