• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Another 2024 XLT Ranger Spotted, with bash plate

Xtreme Thunder

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Meh. To me, 6G does looks better than 5G Ranger on both interior and exterior. So that’s a plus on my end. I’m glad I’m not brand loyal. I’ll have to see further details when announced. This staying on my short list hinges on powertrain, some exterior aesthetics and features. Right now, given the limited information available on 6G Ranger, with my personal analysis for my needs, the GM twins seem like a more compelling option to me. I prefer the GM interior comparing these two. Subject to change. I will also be considering the competition from Toyota with 4G Tacoma.
Sponsored

OP
OP

ssjx7squall

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
I think the 6G ranger looks better inside and out too. That's not to say I think it looks better than the gm twins or taco, but it still looks better than the rounded wedge that was the 5g. And like someone else mentioned, im going to be sitting inside the thing and ford by far has the best interior out of all the mid size trucks. Seriously, unless Toyota does something with their cheap feeling cramped interior I probably won't look elsewhere.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Meh. To me, 6G does looks better than 5G Ranger on both interior and exterior. So that’s a plus on my end. I’m glad I’m not brand loyal. I’ll have to see further details when announced. This staying on my short list hinges on powertrain, some exterior aesthetics and features. Right now, given the limited information available on 6G Ranger, with my personal analysis for my needs, the GM twins seem like a more compelling option to me. I prefer the GM interior comparing these two. Subject to change. I will also be considering the competition from Toyota with 4G Tacoma.
I'm not brand loyal either. I only want 2 wheel drive with a little more ground clearance and towing capability than a plain stock XL. Thinking FX2 here and conservative looking, SCab + 6' bed. I'm not needing to look like I'm ready to run Baja 1000 or rock crawling with big lift, oversize tires and black fender flares, etc. I think that rules out GM twins and new Tacoma. Nobody mentions Gladiator in these discussions, but I'd never consider that either. Frontier has the short bed only and horrible mileage- so that leaves me keeping the Maverick or trading up to 6G Ranger if that works better for me.

OP
OP

ssjx7squall

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
I'm not brand loyal either. I only want 2 wheel drive with a little more ground clearance and towing capability than a plain stock XL. Thinking FX2 here and conservative looking, SCab + 6' bed. I'm not needing to look like I'm ready to run Baja 1000 or rock crawling with big lift, oversize tires and black fender flares, etc. I think that rules out GM twins and new Tacoma. Nobody mentions Gladiator in these discussions, but I'd never consider that either. Frontier has the short bed only and horrible mileage- so that leaves me keeping the Maverick or trading up to 6G Ranger if that works better for me.
Last year when I test drove a frontier it was a long bed…. Was that a one off or something?

Xtreme Thunder

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Nissan still offers King Cab + 6’ bed as well as Crew Cab + 6’ bed, in addition to their Crew Cab + 5’ bed offering based on Nissan website for MY2023. All flavors appear to offer 4x2 and 4x4 configuration on various trims.

Sponsored

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
We help people sell their car's in the easiest way possible.
from all the images i've seen of the RoW ranger vs the GMC twins, i think it's going to be much better.

an ugly front end can usually be fixed pretty easily with aftermarket solutions (bull bars, grille inserts etc). an ugly interior is much harder to modify.
That's an excellent point. The exterior can become anything you want, but having to change upholstery and other interior stuff can be a pain to change up.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Last year when I test drove a frontier it was a long bed…. Was that a one off or something?
what model year was it? I haven't paid a whole lot of attention after initial reviews of the redesigned model, but there has never been any mention of different bed sizes and none of the articles or ads showed a long bed. The always show a shorter bed.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Nissan still offers King Cab + 6’ bed as well as Crew Cab + 6’ bed, in addition to their Crew Cab + 5’ bed offering based on Nissan website for MY2023. All flavors appear to offer 4x2 and 4x4 configuration on various trims.
not from what I have found/seen. Just went to build & price and yes, they have King Cab + Crew Cab 2x4 and 4x4, but there is not an option for changing bed length on any 4x2 S or SV models. Checked 4x4 briefly and there isn't any obvious options for changing bed size. After I chose King cab 4x2 and went to build it starts with color, exterior adds, then interior, some towing and other packages, but nowhere shows a menu with option to change bed length. I've only seen ads with shorter bed, and (early) magazine reviews don't even bother mentioning the bed size? Seems to be 1 size fits all for S & SV trims. Never bothered looking at Pro-X as that isn't what I'm interested in. Maybe I'm missing something...

Hot Runr Guy

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018Escape, 2019 Edge
not from what I have found/seen. Just went to build & price and yes, they have King Cab + Crew Cab 2x4 and 4x4, but there is not an option for changing bed length on any 4x2 S or SV models. Checked 4x4 briefly and there isn't any obvious options for changing bed size. After I chose King cab 4x2 and went to build it starts with color, exterior adds, then interior, some towing and other packages, but nowhere shows a menu with option to change bed length. I've only seen ads with shorter bed, and (early) magazine reviews don't even bother mentioning the bed size? Seems to be 1 size fits all for S & SV trims. Never bothered looking at Pro-X as that isn't what I'm interested in. Maybe I'm missing something...
Keep scrolling down, you have to select the CC Long Bed version.

HRG

Ford Ranger Another 2024 XLT Ranger Spotted, with bash plate Frontier CC longbed.JPG

Xtreme Thunder

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
They are all listed as below on Nissan site. The build and price for selecting model, trim and configuration is a bit strange from other manufacturers.

King Cab S, 4x2
King Cab SV, 4x2
King Cab S, 4x4
King Cab SV, 4x4

King Cab is only offered with 6’ bed.

Crew Cab S, 4x2
Crew Cab SV, 4x2
Crew Cab Long Bed SV, 4x2
Crew Cab Midnight, 4x2
Crew Cab PRO-X, 4x2
Crew Cab S, 4x4
Crew Cab SV, 4x4
Crew Cab Long Bed SV, 4x4
Crew Cab Midnight, 4x4
Crew Cab PRO-4X, 4x4

No Crew Cab Long Bed S trim available in 4x2.

Sponsored

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
I agree. I’m not at all a fan of chrome either. Seems like the boomers are bigger chrome fans… to each their own though, variety isn’t a bad thing. It’s an easy pass on any chrome package for this 52 year old.
Maybe we are (74) , me I think in a bug rich environment its a lot easier to clean a chrome grill than a painted one. I like chrome wheels, just not the ones Ford has but after market are way too high priced, but I also like the 17" magnetics that for some reason didn't come on my '19 Lariat 4/4 . The thing in this article and the other that came out today (on Ford Authority) and the other day "It’s unclear what engines might be available in the North American spec 2024 Ford Ranger at this time" leaves a very extremely slight hope that one might be able to get the V-6 without having to "try" to get a Raptor. Mine is tuned and has Borla catback, makes maybe 310HP but would really like 400+ :)

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Keep scrolling down, you have to select the CC Long Bed version.

HRG

Frontier CC longbed.JPG
I don't want a Crew Cab- only King Cab. There was no further scrolling available when I tried either. I started my build on a King Cab 2x4 pictured window and could see "more details", and it listed engine but no bed configuration. I went ahead and completed all screens until it was time for Summary page hoping I could change it there- but they wanted all my contact info to receive a personal quote and would not show Summary without doing that. Also tried starting at "Start your build here" link and still no bed selection anywhere.

Maybe the B&P page I was on was not the Official site tool, or possibly my PC is not fully feature compatible as I'm still running Windows 7 NT and using IE browser mode since Edge doesn't like my old HW/SW :wink:

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Maybe we are (74) , me I think in a bug rich environment its a lot easier to clean a chrome grill than a painted one. I like chrome wheels, just not the ones Ford has but after market are way too high priced, but I also like the 17" magnetics that for some reason didn't come on my '19 Lariat 4/4 . The thing in this article and the other that came out today (on Ford Authority) and the other day "It’s unclear what engines might be available in the North American spec 2024 Ford Ranger at this time" leaves a very extremely slight hope that one might be able to get the V-6 without having to "try" to get a Raptor. Mine is tuned and has Borla catback, makes maybe 310HP but would really like 400+ :)
what kind of MPG are you getting with the tune & catback?

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
They are all listed as below on Nissan site. The build and price for selecting model, trim and configuration is a bit strange from other manufacturers.

King Cab S, 4x2
King Cab SV, 4x2
King Cab S, 4x4
King Cab SV, 4x4

King Cab is only offered with 6’ bed.

Crew Cab S, 4x2
Crew Cab SV, 4x2
Crew Cab Long Bed SV, 4x2
Crew Cab Midnight, 4x2
Crew Cab PRO-X, 4x2
Crew Cab S, 4x4
Crew Cab SV, 4x4
Crew Cab Long Bed SV, 4x4
Crew Cab Midnight, 4x4
Crew Cab PRO-4X, 4x4

No Crew Cab Long Bed S trim available in 4x2.
Not sure what the problem was, but there was absolutely no mention of bed length in any configuration details, nor selectable on the B&P tool. Probably error on my end or my PC. No worries, that Frontier doesn't appeal to me either as a replacement for my Maverick if I can't a 6G Ranger in a config I want.

Hot Runr Guy

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018Escape, 2019 Edge
if I can't a 6G Ranger in a config I want.
You'd like a SuperCab with a 6' bed, right? I think that's a pretty safe bet, although possibly not at launch.

HRG
Sponsored

Last edited: