• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Audio

kemwm38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Installed a audio control Lc7i to run to aftermarket amps. Are resistors required between B&O amp and Lc7i ? And if so what would be recommended ?
Sponsored

Max_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2023 - Lighting Blue
I will have the 2023 raptor here in a couple of days and I will do a complete audio swap, do you know if the B&O amp provide the exit for all the speakers? But I will probably replace all the cables as well with 12 AWG

OP
OP

kemwm38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
All but the tweeters. They come off head unit .The sub is dual voice coil but only need one pair of wires from amp, not all 4

Murraydog

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Raptor
Installed a audio control Lc7i to run to aftermarket amps. Are resistors required between B&O amp and Lc7i ? And if so what would be recommended ?
Audio control sells load resistors, not sure if you need them though, maybe try without first and see if any issues

Callan

First Name
Callan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Everest platinum
I would consider getting a NAV.TV A2B interface. Gives a true line out (optical or RCA) from the system and eliminates the B&O amp. Converting speaker level sucks.

Sponsored
OP
OP

kemwm38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Got rid of the audio control line out converter. Is the nav.tv A2B a plug and play or is a computer and program required ?

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Got rid of the audio control line out converter. Is the nav.tv A2B a plug and play or is a computer and program required ?
Mostly plug and play. There is some programming but it’s just setting dip switches.

OP
OP

kemwm38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Appreciate response. Computer involved I’ll have to pass. Local car audio places charge $100 an hour. All I have is iPhone, won’t invest in laptop

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Appreciate response. Computer involved I’ll have to pass. Local car audio places charge $100 an hour. All I have is iPhone, won’t invest in laptop
I don’t think you understand what I said. I said there is some programming but it’s just dip switches. Dip switches are small switches on the side. There is no computer. You just need to flip one or two to tell it what car you have have what type of output you want and that’s about it.

OP
OP

kemwm38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Okay, now I get it. I call them jumpers, my bad

Sponsored
OP
OP

kemwm38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
So what I have is 2 Morel 4.40 amps, Elate carbon 6’s and mm3 mids with Morel 450 tweeters. Have Wavetech line converters and using Morel mxt 380c crossovers. Don’t see any need for any kind of signal processors. With the lossless music steaming and the fact that Morel knows what they are doing any kind of expensive add ons seems like overkill to me but had to ask.

Callan

First Name
Callan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Everest platinum
I don’t think you understand what I said. I said there is some programming but it’s just dip switches. Dip switches are small switches on the side. There is no computer. You just need to flip one or two to tell it what car you have have what type of output you want and that’s about it.
Actually NAVTV removed the dipswitches in favour for usb. You now change the settings via a web interface so a PC is required.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Actually NAVTV removed the dipswitches in favour for usb. You now change the settings via a web interface so a PC is required.
Then I apologize to OP because I thought it worked like the PacAudio units.

Thanks for the information.
Sponsored