• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
Ranger Raptor is what I want. Like so many others.
Checking in with my dealer of choice I'm still on the list to order and I've been on the list since last year. Bad news is I'm #21 on the list and they believe they will only be allocated 1 or 2 Raptor per year.
Any thoughts about allocations from those in the know?
They're likely accurate. At #21, you'll never get one.
Sponsored

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Same info this week. Bodes well for the 5/26 date to be solid and baked into the debut info. We'll find out soon!
Accurate! But not everything will be available at first. I'm sure there will be some late availabilities for some options. I'm not expecting my truck until the end of the year or later.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
just fyi here... you should probably closely watch the launch and early ordering uptake. Ford may actually only be forecasting they can build a certain number of units- but not make public- and suddenly cut off orders after 1 week or something. The 1st model year of Maverick they did a reservation system to gauge interest, then opened actual ordering and suffered a lot of growing pains before stopping new orders (Hybrid stopped before ECO). Grand total was somewhere around 105k units for the MY2022. They were built on a single shared production line in 1 factory using same platform as Bronco Sport. Sound familiar?

The 2nd year (MY2023) they stopped orders after I think 4 days saying they sold out for the year- and the projection is roughly 87k units and they admit they took more orders in 4 days than the 87k they can actually build. Would not surprise me if something similar happens with new Ranger, and my guess would be they hope to get around 100k built similar to what average years were of 5G from MY2019-2022.

Doesn't hurt anything to place your order early and choose later on not to take delivery if you haven't paid off Bronco or other considerations- but if you snooze, you might lose.
Ranger orders will be taken until they feel like they've hit capacity. So I'm with you, I'd get in on ordering early. As I have no idea what they think their building capacity or commodity constraints are going to be.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Ranger orders will be taken until they feel like they've hit capacity. So I'm with you, I'd get in on ordering early. As I have no idea what they think their building capacity or commodity constraints are going to be.
the flip side is not ordering immediately allows waiting for all the test reviews including all competitors and probably more options rolled out before end of the new model year. I waited until the last minute on ordering my 2022 Maverick and actually benefited because all the manufacturing bugs and recalls, etc. had been worked out already and mine is flawless. :like:

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
the flip side is not ordering immediately allows waiting for all the test reviews including all competitors and probably more options rolled out before end of the new model year. I waited until the last minute on ordering my 2022 Maverick and actually benefited because all the manufacturing bugs and recalls, etc. had been worked out already and mine is flawless. :like:
I meant if you wanted one as soon as possible. I don't disagree that there is validity in wtg and comparing and being sure as well. Job 2 might have late availability items available etc. You never know..

Sponsored

LFRR13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Local dealer in NY is telling me anywhere from $10k to $15k markup. Supposedly they're still getting $10k over on F150 Raptor and sold a Bronco Raptor for $40k over o_O They'll know specifically what the RR markup will be when the order bank opens. I did place a deposit to hold their one allocation, so I have two weeks to make a decision on whether or not to pay markup.

Over this past weekend, and into today, I think all dealers are getting their allocation count and the estimated build month. Above allocation is for a December build. Another dealer also claimed to have one allocation with a May 2024 build

JKinPA

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Occupation
Supply Chain
I meant if you wanted one as soon as possible. I don't disagree that there is validity in wtg and comparing and being sure as well. Job 2 might have late availability items available etc. You never know..
There are pros and cons to both. I ordered my Maverick early, never saw or drove one, but I got everything that I ordered and in about 4 1/2 months. Risky but got the full XLT LUX package, towing, sunroof, FX4. Those that waited some items like the spray in bed liner weren’t offered but the tub style was substituted and I can’t think of the other items that became “unavailable“ for the upper packages. I’m not saying what’s best but the constraints can be an issue as parts become scarce. Who knows how this will play out, I am not in a rush and want to see the Tremor package which I think will be next year. My experience, and I certainly don’t claim to be an expert, is there are risk and rewards for ordering early and for waiting. Dealer allocation is HUGE. Bought my Maverick at Chapman in Horsham PA. That is a 4 hour round trip drive but they do high volume and get decent allocations, considerably more than the the local dealerships. I use my local guy for service and have had no issue getting service (oil changes). Every situation is different so do what makes you feel comfortable but a fair warning if you haven’t ordered a new vehicle in the past couple of years the process has changed considerably at least in my region of the country. I wish that I had a crystal ball, lol.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local dealer in NY is telling me anywhere from $10k to $15k markup. Supposedly they're still getting $10k over on F150 Raptor and sold a Bronco Raptor for $40k over o_O They'll know specifically what the RR markup will be when the order bank opens. I did place a deposit to hold their one allocation, so I have two weeks to make a decision on whether or not to pay markup.

Over this past weekend, and into today, I think all dealers are getting their allocation count and the estimated build month. Above allocation is for a December build. Another dealer also claimed to have one allocation with a May 2024 build
Anticipate a small batch of Raptors to be produced initially. Dealers won't know Raptor allocation until later this year and allocation will be weighted by their sales volumes of all rangers, etc like usual. Unless dealers purchase a Raptor off of another dealer, dont expect them to have multiple Raptor units until further into the production cycle or job2

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The latest update. 5/26 order bank still holding but the Job 1 date has become TBD. Could be a delay, could be nothing.

Screenshot 2023-05-15 at 5.05.57 PM.png
A production delay would not be a surprise, as the initial date is usually an estimate.