• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
What else would they be doing between September and January? I’d be more surprised if there weren’t any going out in that time. Raptors will be coming out slower than the other trims by a huge margin but they also have 3000 of them to build before Job 2. I’d guess maybe 1/3-1/2 are shipped before end of year.
Once they have OKTB and passed final Quality checks and declared "built" and ready to ship, you enter a brand new phase with its own obstacles and delays with ever changing timeframes. Shipping by rail and then handing over to transport company for last leg delivery to your dealer can easily take 4 weeks. During this period your dealer has a program that can track your vehicle with pinpoint accuracy. Just expect delays to rule the process and accept that because there is absolutely nothing you or dealer can do to speed up the process.
Sponsored

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
If someone can find a historical chart for for previous years product, the F-150 Raptor could be used as a general guide on how many units roll out monthly. The info is out there somewhere.

If we take the most over simplified look at it, without knowing any of variables involved (which surely there are) - 3,000 units in a rolling calendar year (Sept 2023 to Sept 2024) would be a simple division of 250 units per month.

The most obvious variable is Ford more than likely doesn't do this simple math equation to plan how many units will roll out per month. It probably looks at pre-sold units (which I assume will be almost 100% claimed regarding the Raptor) by the time the line fires up it will do some equation that takes into account how many other trim levels are pre-sold and take all those percentages and divide them up in production time.

Unknown variables at this time is when secondary batches are planned and how many of those batches in the same rolling calendar year.ed

I'm curious how Ford decided how many units to aim for per year, considering the Bronco Raptor is estimated to only be about 2,000 to 3,000 per year, not job.
Like most modern manufacturers, Ford is limited by on time delivery of vendor parts on a promised schedule. This is always a moving target with inevitable broken promises and schedule slips. Ford forecasters have to basically shuffle schedules and what can be built and when almost in real time multiple times per day. I would not want their jobs.

bking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Once they have OKTB and passed final Quality checks and declared "built" and ready to ship, you enter a brand new phase with its own obstacles and delays with ever changing timeframes. Shipping by rail and then handing over to transport company for last leg delivery to your dealer can easily take 4 weeks. During this period your dealer has a program that can track your vehicle with pinpoint accuracy. Just expect delays to rule the process and accept that because there is absolutely nothing you or dealer can do to speed up the process.
I wonder if we would get ours quicker since we're only 3 hours from MAP. Pretty sure they just ship by truck that close.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I wonder if we would get ours quicker since we're only 3 hours from MAP. Pretty sure they just ship by truck that close.
From what I’ve read and experienced, there’s a standard process they follow regardless of relative distance between manufacturing locations and end sales point of dealer. Even if it makes no sense to us 🤔

Notice the transport and delivery cost is a fixed amount across the board instead of variable by region. Many people in Maverick land wanted option to go pick up their own vehicle at a nearby railhead or even the factory in Mexico to cut wait times, but the option just doesn’t exist. The closest workaround I ever heard of was a couple dealers had personal agreements to go fetch their own vehicles at a nearby railhead receiving yard with permissions from Ford and the receiver company.

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Why would Ford willingly cut additional profit?.

The destination delivery charge is $1,500. You can deliver a vehicle across the United States for cheaper than that as an individual and only a single unit. If you think Ford does not get bulk pricing on their shipping arrangements and I don't know what to tell you. If it's anything like industry standard markup percentages my guess is Ford is pocketing a nice little chunk out of this 1500 as pure raw profit.

Even if it was as small as $50 now multiply that times every vehicle is shipped. Companies across all categories of products have become very thorough and squeezing the juice in every aspect of products.

Sponsored

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Why would Ford willingly cut additional profit?.

The destination delivery charge is $1,500. You can deliver a vehicle across the United States for cheaper than that as an individual and only a single unit. If you think Ford does not get bulk pricing on their shipping arrangements and I don't know what to tell you. If it's anything like industry standard markup percentages my guess is Ford is pocketing a nice little chunk out of this 1500 as pure raw profit.

Even if it was as small as $50 now multiply that times every vehicle is shipped. Companies across all categories of products have become very thorough and squeezing the juice in every aspect of products.
Someone more knowledgeable, please correct me, but I think this also goes toward the expense the dealer takes on to inspect and prep the vehicle. From what I understand, when it actually gets to the dealer, the service bay will unwrap it, go over a thorough damage inspection, check buttons, wash all the dust off, etc. All that does take time and labor. Yes they’re still making profit on it I’m sure, but profit is the reason they sell cars.

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Don't get the wrong idea I'm not arguing otherwise I'm just saying companies for a long time now and figured out how to squeeze the juice in every way imaginable to skim that little extra.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Don't get the wrong idea I'm not arguing otherwise I'm just saying companies for a long time now and figured out how to squeeze the juice in every way imaginable to skim that little extra.
Death by a thousand paper cuts

Raynger24

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Escape SE, 23 Colorado LT
I don’t know how the lines/factory work but I know they build broncos there as well. It would make sense if they were building more broncos but are those made on separate lines within the factory or could they change quickly depending on what is needed that month? In my mind it would just be weird to not make rangers on the ranger line for that long or even longer but obviously I am coming at this from a layman consumer point of view. But I also understand “supply issues” and if they don’t have what they need to build them then they can’t build them. I have just been waiting on a maverick for almost 2 years and have decided its not happening and talked myself into a ranger and worried about going through the same thing again.
Brother I feel your pain! That is the EXACT same boat I'm in with the Maverick, and moving over to the Ranger. We shall see how this one goes!

sideshowbob19

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 escape hybrid awd
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Brother I feel your pain! That is the EXACT same boat I'm in with the Maverick, and moving over to the Ranger. We shall see how this one goes!
Funny enough. 2 weeks after ordering my ranger I got a build date for my maverick haha. Now I have a decision to make.

Sponsored

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
We have been at very unhealthy the last few days. We were supposed to possibly head into hazardous at times. Not sure if we did or not.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Funny enough. 2 weeks after ordering my ranger I got a build date for my maverick haha. Now I have a decision to make.
FWIW: You have plenty of time left before making a decision on your Maverick. All the way up until you go to test drive and inspect it at your dealership. Then you can walk away if you don't want or like it enough. I went through the Maverick process start to finish and, in my experience, it will be about 1 month from the time you get a "built" email until your truck arrives at the railhead nearest you. Could be another 2-4 weeks until it actually gets delivered by transport truck to your dealer. The whole transportation process is a huge Cluster unless Ford has some magic solution working around the truck driver shortage and overloaded rail systems.

Most of us who did the Maverick thing also experienced many changes in our scheduled build weeks before it actually went down the production line. Takes a LOT of patience. :whew: Good Luck🍀
Sponsored