• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

T-Rev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor, 2023 Toyota GR86
Remember the shrunken down Bronco 2 around same time as Mustang 2? Honey I shrunk the Bronco!
I had one in high school. Taught me how to drive on two wheels LOL
Sponsored

Robo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5, VW Atlas
So considering Job 1 now starts in September, what is everyone's best guess as to when the first orders of (non raptor) rangers will start delivering to customers and when would everyone realistically expect them (non orders) on dealer lots?

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
So considering Job 1 now starts in September, what is everyone's best guess as to when the first orders of (non raptor) rangers will start delivering to customers and when would everyone realistically expect them (non orders) on dealer lots?
Mid September to mid November probably

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
Ford needs to make a plant here in Dallas Texas like all of the big companies are doing and make it the headquarters.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 pinto V8, 1995 Mustang GT conv, 2019 SuperCab 2WD Ranger, 2016 Transit Connect
Ford needs to make a plant here in Dallas Texas like all of the big companies are doing and make it the headquarters.
careful now... look what's happening to Austin:shock:

Sponsored

Logan04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 King Ranch
Occupation
Physical therapist
According to the latest Fleet Distribution News Bulletin (FDNB):

Screenshot 2023-05-31 at 6.22.44 PM.png
So if production actually starts on 9/1, what is a realistic time frame on initial Raptor allocation deliveries? Christmas? St. Patty’s Day? Or later yet? Just curious how much I have to save to cover the further depreciation of my trade. 🙄

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
So if production actually starts on 9/1, what is a realistic time frame on initial Raptor allocation deliveries? Christmas? St. Patty’s Day? Or later yet? Just curious how much I have to save to cover the further depreciation of my trade. 🙄
No one can truly say, but after the first of the year or later is very likely.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
No one can truly say, but after the first of the year or later is very likely.
I don’t think so. By 9/1 the tooling will have already been changed over. So theoretically you could have first deliveries going out as soon the next week. The first few weeks will likely be press cars. Since we don’t know how Ford is going to schedule these, no one can say for certain when the first batch and when the last batch of this run will go out. I think first of the year is a good expectation to have but with the understanding it could be anywhere between October and maybe into March.

Last edited:

Sponsored

pyates999

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150
Occupation
Foreman
I don’t think so. By 9/1 the tooling will have already been changed over. So theoretically you could have first deliveries going out as soon the next week. The first few weeks will likely be press cars. Since we don’t know how Ford is going to schedule these, no one can say for certain when the first batch and when the last batch of this run will go out. I think first of the year is a good expectation to have but with the understanding it could be anywhere between October and maybe into March.
Truthfully, I would be surprised if we see any before the first of the year. Don’t misunderstand me, I hope I’m wrong but the way things usually go, who knows!!🙄

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Truthfully, I would be surprised if we see any before the first of the year. Don’t misunderstand me, I hope I’m wrong but the way things usually go, who knows!!🙄
What else would they be doing between September and January? I’d be more surprised if there weren’t any going out in that time. Raptors will be coming out slower than the other trims by a huge margin but they also have 3000 of them to build before Job 2. I’d guess maybe 1/3-1/2 are shipped before end of year.

pyates999

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150
Occupation
Foreman
What else would they be doing between September and January? I’d be more surprised if there weren’t any going out in that time. Raptors will be coming out slower than the other trims by a huge margin but they also have 3000 of them to build before Job 2. I’d guess maybe 1/3-1/2 are shipped before end of year.
If you look at numbers & what they can produce per day & month. Theoretically they could produce every Raptor in less than one month……..IF their supply chain could keep up but that’s one helluva IF!!!

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
Ok to buy still has to happen, quality control, etc. They haven't even been produced to truly get out in the hands of media yet, or to be tested for epa ratings, etc. Likely to be some early production delays, quality control issues, and supply chain issues.

Add to that, that even if they start producing in early Sept, they still won't start being delivered to dealers until the end of the year.

I'm not gonna be surprised if I don't see mine until after the first of the year.

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
If someone can find a historical chart for for previous years product, the F-150 Raptor could be used as a general guide on how many units roll out monthly. The info is out there somewhere.

If we take the most over simplified look at it, without knowing any of variables involved (which surely there are) - 3,000 units in a rolling calendar year (Sept 2023 to Sept 2024) would be a simple division of 250 units per month.

The most obvious variable is Ford more than likely doesn't do this simple math equation to plan how many units will roll out per month. It probably looks at pre-sold units (which I assume will be almost 100% claimed regarding the Raptor) by the time the line fires up it will do some equation that takes into account how many other trim levels are pre-sold and take all those percentages and divide them up in production time.

Unknown variables at this time is when secondary batches are planned and how many of those batches in the same rolling calendar year.

I'm curious how Ford decided how many units to aim for per year, considering the Bronco Raptor is estimated to only be about 2,000 to 3,000 per year, not job.
Sponsored

Last edited: