• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Cactus Gray 2.7 XLT FX4 on order

jbethune

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX-5
Had my local dealer order a 2.7 Cactus Gray XLT High FX4 Towing/Tech + a few other goodies (bed side steps, mats, spray in liner). The online build tool didn't require me to spec running boards so hopefully that'll go through, otherwise i 'm gonna have my dealer take off the fx4 and just spec a locker. Will update when i have more info.
Sponsored

RB205

First Name
BB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ
The running boards are a $0 option with FX4 now but I'm also not sure if they're a default part install.

Either way it can't be more than 8-10 bolts to pull them. The FX4 package also comes with skids, off road drive modes, and I think better shocks.

OP
OP

jbethune

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX-5
The running boards are a $0 option with FX4 now but I'm also not sure if they're a default part install.

Either way it can't be more than 8-10 bolts to pull them. The FX4 package also comes with skids, off road drive modes, and I think better shocks.
The drive modes annd off-road tires are the main reason followed by the skids (I could prob source takeoff skids or after market for the 900 if that were it).

Didn’t realize it was a $0 option. The last time I built something it made me add the $600 running boards and increased the price accordingly.

DMC

First Name
DMC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang convertible
So, I don't think it is really a "$0 option," it is included with the Off Road package. When you add the FX4 for $1445, all of the below is included. (It says "Requires" but it just adds all of this when you pick the package.

Ford Ranger Cactus Gray 2.7 XLT FX4 on order 1716730988585-b3

DanTheMan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Occupation
Social Worker
Had my local dealer order a 2.7 Cactus Gray XLT High FX4 Towing/Tech + a few other goodies (bed side steps, mats, spray in liner). The online build tool didn't require me to spec running boards so hopefully that'll go through, otherwise i 'm gonna have my dealer take off the fx4 and just spec a locker. Will update when i have more info.
So hot. I ordered/have the 2.3l version of your build, and I probably would have gone with the 2.7l if it had been available. Be sure to let us know how it is!

Sponsored
OP
OP

jbethune

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX-5
So hot. I ordered/have the 2.3l version of your build, and I probably would have gone with the 2.7l if it had been available. Be sure to let us know how it is!
It was a tough choice. I think the engines would both be more than I need but there’s just something about the 2.7 that is super appealing.

PhoenixRanger

First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Supercab, Bronco 2 dr. OB/AMB 2.7L
You will not be disappointed once you get behind the wheel of the 2.7. My 2-door Bronco is about the same weight and I cannot imagine driving anything less. I know there are tunes out for the 2.3, but when you fill up your tank with 93 octane fuel and take the 2.7 up in the mountains passes, there is no substitute for the extra torque/HP.

Happy Rangering!

BriSco

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 GMC Sierra, '24 Ranger 2.7L On order.
Occupation
Retired
Whe you get your build date, post if in this thread.

https://www.ranger6g.com/forum/threads/ranger-2-7l-v6-what-is-your-build-date.10070/

DanTheMan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Occupation
Social Worker
It was a tough choice. I think the engines would both be more than I need but there’s just something about the 2.7 that is super appealing.
I was initially worried about the truck feeling underpowered with the 2.3l, but I have been pleasantly surprised. It sounds like a sewing machine, but there is plenty of power for me. The one thing I wish I could change on this truck is the size of the fuel tank. It's a little on the small side for my liking. Overall, I have been enjoying this truck more than I thought I would. You'll have to let us know how the 2.7l is for real world fuel economy. Here is a photo of mine.

Ford Ranger Cactus Gray 2.7 XLT FX4 on order 20240527_080313

OP
OP

jbethune

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX-5
I was initially worried about the truck feeling underpowered with the 2.3l, but I have been pleasantly surprised. It sounds like a sewing machine, but there is plenty of power for me. The one thing I wish I could change on this truck is the size of the fuel tank. It's a little on the small side for my liking. Overall, I have been enjoying this truck more than I thought I would. You'll have to let us know how the 2.7l is for real world fuel economy. Here is a photo of mine.

20240527_080313.jpg
Great looking truck! I tried out the box side steps and didn’t find them to be as useful as I thought but added them to my build anyway. (I’m tallish so the extra 4 inches to step to the bumper wasn’t difficult for me. I honestly think I like the gmc corner steps better) Maybe once I put a camper on the back that’ll change.

Sponsored

Sportshot2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F 150 FX4 (totaled) 2021 Acura RDX, 2021 KIA
Occupation
Retired
There is so much technology on this truck it’s hard to figure out where you saw what function. I drive two other vehicles and the cruise and other steering wheel functions are opposite on the Raptor so I’m frequently pushing the wrong thing.

I don’t like government mandates but I WISH THE MANUFACTURES would all agree to put basic functions I;the same place.

DMC

First Name
DMC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang convertible
Ford isn't even consistent within its own vehicles. The volume buttons and screen selection buttons vary from left side / right side from vehicle to vehicle. I have the same issue: where is the volume, the cruise, the OK button, voice control, etc.
Sponsored