Sponsored

Cruise Control

cfm56doc

Active Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2026
Threads
6
Messages
37
Reaction score
20
Location
Tampa
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas (Hers), 2024 Ranger Raptor (His)
Occupation
Jet engine field service rep
Took my new to me 24 RR on its first road trip and set cruise to 72mph. After about 4 miles the truck suddenly started to speed up until I hit the brakes to disengage cruise (about 76mph). Thought maybe I had hit something on the steering wheel so I set cruise again at 72 mph. Again after about 4 miles the truck sped up with signs of going to slow down so at 80mph I hit the brakes to disengage cruise.

Anyone ever have this happen to them?
Sponsored

 

surfstar

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
104
Reaction score
163
Location
CA
Vehicle(s)
2025 Lariat 2.3 FX4
Check your vehicle settings. Do you have intelligent speed control on? With a +__ over the limit?

That's my first guess.
 
OP
OP

cfm56doc

Active Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2026
Threads
6
Messages
37
Reaction score
20
Location
Tampa
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas (Hers), 2024 Ranger Raptor (His)
Occupation
Jet engine field service rep
Check your vehicle settings. Do you have intelligent speed control on? With a +__ over the limit?

That's my first guess.
+3
 
OP
OP

cfm56doc

Active Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2026
Threads
6
Messages
37
Reaction score
20
Location
Tampa
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas (Hers), 2024 Ranger Raptor (His)
Occupation
Jet engine field service rep
Got off my cruise today and while on the ship did some surfing for answers as to why it accelerated like crazy while cruise control was set.

I found a post where several people had the same issue. some mentioned their speed number set would also suddenly change, so I tried it again on my way home. Set cruise to 65mp and sure enough as soon as I passed the next speed limit sign which read speed limit 65, my set speed on cruise jumped to 75 and the RR sped up. Their fix was to turn off the intelligent cruise and disable speed sign recognition.

So I ended up disabling the above and tested it again, and now the RR stayed at my set cruise speed even after passing speed limits signs.

Cliff note is I had to disable the intelligent cruise and speed sign recognition.
 

NM Mike

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mike
Joined
Jan 4, 2026
Threads
7
Messages
359
Reaction score
621
Location
New Mexico
Vehicle(s)
25 Ranger XLT FX4. 99 Superduty XLT Powerstroke 4X4, 71 F250 custom 4x4
Try enabling speed limit sign recognition, but leave intelligent cruise off and see what happens. I have sign recognition enabled and intelligent cruise turned off, and my truck will stay at the speed I set it at.
 

Sponsored
OP
OP

cfm56doc

Active Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2026
Threads
6
Messages
37
Reaction score
20
Location
Tampa
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas (Hers), 2024 Ranger Raptor (His)
Occupation
Jet engine field service rep
Try enabling speed limit sign recognition, but leave intelligent cruise off and see what happens. I have sign recognition enabled and intelligent cruise turned off, and my truck will stay at the speed I set it at.

I deffinately have to try that and see what happens. Thankfully I RARELY use cruise as traffic is always so bad I see no point.

What I do not underata.d is why I had it set at 65 (speed limit at the time) and when it jumper it now showed like I had set it to 75...
 

NM Mike

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mike
Joined
Jan 4, 2026
Threads
7
Messages
359
Reaction score
621
Location
New Mexico
Vehicle(s)
25 Ranger XLT FX4. 99 Superduty XLT Powerstroke 4X4, 71 F250 custom 4x4
I can only assume that it thought the speed limit was 75 and with intelligent cruise enabled, it was trying to bring you up to 78 which is +3 over????
 

surfstar

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
104
Reaction score
163
Location
CA
Vehicle(s)
2025 Lariat 2.3 FX4
Yes, you can offset +/- the speed limit, if you use intelligent setting. This is the most likely setting OP had.

I just have it set to warning.
Sponsored

 
 







Top