• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Did you get auto start/stop removal in list after build date was announced?

nswilliams

First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2024 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Senior Research Engineer
Am happy my 2024 ranger lariat fx4 will be built on March 11th week but was puzzled the order was modified to remove auto start/stop. Last order printout from dealer did not have this. Check under your accessories list in TRACK MY ORDER link from Ford email. Did you have this too?

Ford Ranger Did you get auto start/stop removal in list after build date was announced? 1705593416586

Maybe it is just my order.
Sponsored

craigc

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Am happy my 2024 ranger lariat fx4 will be built on March 11th week but was puzzled the order was modified to remove auto start/stop. Last order printout from dealer did not have this. Check under your accessories list in TRACK MY ORDER link from Ford email. Did you have this too?
Interesting that is still occurring. I know this was removed in gen5 and 2023 F150s I believe due to "supply chain" issues (though my opinion it was more than that - like buggy software). Maybe that issue still is happening and theyve decided to keep removing it. Most people don't seem to like it anyway. I mean how much gas does it really save stopping and starting at lights/traffic/etc vs the wear and tear of your vehicle to keep stopping/starting all the time.

Xyotafella

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Tacoma Off Road
Occupation
Machinist
Mine says the same, be sweet if it was actually removed save me from hitting the button every time a fire it up

coldconfession13

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford edge
Occupation
IT
I'm glad they removed it. I hated it. I was curious cause the videos Ive seen I didn't see the button to disable it so figured it didn't have auto stop

Sponsored

Scotty piffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 ranger lariat
Occupation
Sales
Glad I read this because it made me check my own build and not only is that on there, but the rear side step for the bed as well as the basic towing package are not in there hoping this is not unavailable at the moment as they are both something I want.

OP
OP
nswilliams

nswilliams

First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Senior Research Engineer
The on screen menu could have offer a disable option (without auto enable after turning truck on) until the user turned it back on to satisfy all drivers. I did not realize the button is missing on shift console. Thanks for the replies.

fordtrks4ever

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Retired
Interesting that is still occurring. I know this was removed in gen5 and 2023 F150s I believe due to "supply chain" issues (though my opinion it was more than that - like buggy software). Maybe that issue still is happening and theyve decided to keep removing it. Most people don't seem to like it anyway. I mean how much gas does it really save stopping and starting at lights/traffic/etc vs the wear and tear of your vehicle to keep stopping/starting all the time.
Funny you said buggy software. My wife's Honda Odyssey has a recall to do a software update
on the start stop due to it not always restarting automatically. She has never had the issue.

fordtrks4ever

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Retired
Same here and for those with window sticker it should show start stop removal.

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad I read this because it made me check my own build and not only is that on there, but the rear side step for the bed as well as the basic towing package are not in there hoping this is not unavailable at the moment as they are both something I want.
I have both of these options and they are both listed on the tracking page. Looks like your dealer may have input the order incorrectly.

Sponsored

iBrad81

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Glad they removed it,
The was 1 thing I loved with the Ford Performance tune on my Bronco was the fact it remembers the last position of the Auto Start stop, so if you left it off it stayed off

Xyotafella

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Tacoma Off Road
Occupation
Machinist
Assuming the location for the switch will still be there but just no emblem?

Scotty piffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 ranger lariat
Occupation
Sales
I have both of these options and they are both listed on the tracking page. Looks like your dealer may have input the order incorrectly.
Does anyone know if the order can be modified at this point now that’s it’s assigned a VIN? I work for Mercedes and our order process apparently works a little differently

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone know if the order can be modified at this point now that’s it’s assigned a VIN? I work for Mercedes and our order process apparently works a little differently
I've read here that it cannot be modified but I don't know the real answer. I'd be making a call to your salesman asap to get it figured out. If nothing else, they just input a new order for you today.

OP
OP
nswilliams

nswilliams

First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Senior Research Engineer
I spoke with my dealer and they said the reason for the auto start-stop removal is because of chip shortage and Ford did not want to further delay builds. And they said there is on screen menu that allows disabling it without auto enabling. It's moot now because we dont have the chip in current builds. Just FYI.
Sponsored