Sponsored

Exhaust tip length

Jasonkflo

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jason
Joined
Mar 31, 2026
Threads
10
Messages
97
Reaction score
86
Location
Boise Idaho
Vehicle(s)
25 ranger
Occupation
sales
Im working on my custom exhaust components and the only thing left needed is the tips. Then i can havebit done this weekend.
Im going with duals out the passenger side exiting behind the rear wheel. 2
2 1/2” inlet 4” outlet
Im thinking black would look better than chrome but how long of a tip looks best? 9” or shorter like 4” long
Sponsored

 

RRXLT

Active Member
First Name
Roy
Joined
Jan 8, 2026
Threads
4
Messages
40
Reaction score
64
Location
Waelder, Texas
Vehicle(s)
2000XLT 2025XLT
I always preferred longer tips, but if you go with black, you could paint the tailpipes and the shorter ones would look fine.
I don’t follow you on the 2-1/2” in and 4” out. How about the details on the complete system that you’re putting together?
Exhaust is always an interesting topic for me. I just finished mine last week.
 
OP
OP
Jasonkflo

Jasonkflo

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jason
Joined
Mar 31, 2026
Threads
10
Messages
97
Reaction score
86
Location
Boise Idaho
Vehicle(s)
25 ranger
Occupation
sales
I always preferred longer tips, but if you go with black, you could paint the tailpipes and the shorter ones would look fine.
I don’t follow you on the 2-1/2” in and 4” out. How about the details on the complete system that you’re putting together?
Exhaust is always an interesting topic for me. I just finished mine last week.
The exhaust pipes are 2 1/2” each
The actual exhaust tip exit showing im mostly seeing 4” wide or some 3 1/2” wide
 

RRXLT

Active Member
First Name
Roy
Joined
Jan 8, 2026
Threads
4
Messages
40
Reaction score
64
Location
Waelder, Texas
Vehicle(s)
2000XLT 2025XLT
That makes perfect sense, I don’t know why I was confused. Let us know more about the system, especially if it works out well for you. Good luck!
 
OP
OP
Jasonkflo

Jasonkflo

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jason
Joined
Mar 31, 2026
Threads
10
Messages
97
Reaction score
86
Location
Boise Idaho
Vehicle(s)
25 ranger
Occupation
sales
That makes perfect sense, I don’t know why I was confused. Let us know more about the system, especially if it works out well for you. Good luck!
I bought a magnaflow x pipe
2 vibrant 12” bottle resonators
1 dual inlet dual outlet Black Widow Venom 250 muffler.
I have heard some you tube set ups with black widow mufflers on 3.5 ecoboost on YouTube that sound amazing so i am hopeful lol
 

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jasonkflo

Jasonkflo

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jason
Joined
Mar 31, 2026
Threads
10
Messages
97
Reaction score
86
Location
Boise Idaho
Vehicle(s)
25 ranger
Occupation
sales
Ended up ordering Wesdon
4” tips with 2 1/2” inlets
Powder coated black 8” long so hopefully they look good
The reviews looked good
Sponsored

 
 







Top