• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

F150 Heading Back to Australia!

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist

the1mrb

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, XLT FX4
Occupation
Aerostructures Engineer
Looks like Ford is going to make things more confusing. F 150 Rattler. Is the Tremor still going to exist. Ford please focus on just producing the vehicles and getting them OTD. We do not need more distractions. Maybe that's the idea.
New Ford F-150 Rattler Teased By CEO, Debuts Tomorrow (msn.com)
You do know that the people building the vehicles aren't the same ones designing new and different ones. It's not like Ford is robbing resources from the production line to design new models and trims. That's not how a large manufacturing business works. This idea that somehow not designing new products would make production go smoother and faster is crazy to me.
And besides, the reason for production issues is supply chain shortages, hardly something that can be solved in-house. Unless you do some development to alter the design and remove the short/hard to find parts. So in a way, by constantly developing and adapting new products, they may be in fact helping smooth the production issues in the long run.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
It's a good thing, we are getting the XLT and Lariat in 3.5 Ecoboost I presume with the 6.5 foot bed and only in crew cab. This will sell well against the RAM 1500 and Silverado 1500, both already available in RHD (all three are converted locally). Ford's dealer network is the largest by far vs the other two US vehicles available locally. I hope Ford also bring the Super Duty over, I can see a use for them in my fleet. Ford are also offering it locally with Ford AU's warranty, 5 year and unlimited mileage.

It will be rated locally to tow 4500 kg, which is 1000 kg more than the Ranger. Payload numbers will be similar to the local market Ranger I expect.

http://www.ford.com.au/showroom/future-vehicle/ford-f-150.html

MrKnowitall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR
It's a good thing, we are getting the XLT and Lariat in 3.5 Ecoboost I presume with the 6.5 foot bed and only in crew cab. This will sell well against the RAM 1500 and Silverado 1500, both already available in RHD (all three are converted locally). Ford's dealer network is the largest by far vs the other two US vehicles available locally. I hope Ford also bring the Super Duty over, I can see a use for them in my fleet. Ford are also offering it locally with Ford AU's warranty, 5 year and unlimited mileage.

It will be rated locally to tow 4500 kg, which is 1000 kg more than the Ranger. Payload numbers will be similar to the local market Ranger I expect.

http://www.ford.com.au/showroom/future-vehicle/ford-f-150.html
Seems like Toyota should get on the bus already- they could build the Tundra with a LC300 IP and diesel... might not have Built-in-Tahara cache, but would be loads cheaper. Or they could just sell this- as a Land Cruiser Dual Cab.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc

Sponsored

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Seems like Toyota should get on the bus already- they could build the Tundra with a LC300 IP and diesel... might not have Built-in-Tahara cache, but would be loads cheaper. Or they could just sell this- as a Land Cruiser Dual Cab.
I don't know what Toyota will do, the Tundra and LC300 are on the same platform making RHD easy but the existence of the LandCruiser 70 makes it a more difficult sell in Australia. The 70 may not be the same type of vehicle as the Tundra, in fact it couldn't be more different, but it is at the top of the heap for Toyota Australia and frankly it is a cash cow for them. They sell for at or above RRP (even before COVID caused issues) and their used value is extremely strong. Frankly I don't get it, outside of the converted to RHD US trucks, these 1980's relics are the most expensive 'trucks'/utes in Australia despite being the least well equipped, least comfortable, noisiest, roughest, thirstiest utes on the market. Toyota deliberately do everything to stop the Hilux from competing with the LC70 as it makes so much money for them.

Ford Ranger F150 Heading Back to Australia! toyota-landcruiser-16lc70-24-1

MrKnowitall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR
I don't know what Toyota will do, the Tundra and LC300 are on the same platform making RHD easy but the existence of the LandCruiser 70 makes it a more difficult sell in Australia. The 70 may not be the same type of vehicle as the Tundra, in fact it couldn't be more different, but it is at the top of the heap for Toyota Australia and frankly it is a cash cow for them. They sell for at or above RRP (even before COVID caused issues) and their used value is extremely strong. Frankly I don't get it, outside of the converted to RHD US trucks, these 1980's relics are the most expensive 'trucks'/utes in Australia despite being the least well equipped, least comfortable, noisiest, roughest, thirstiest utes on the market. Toyota deliberately do everything to stop the Hilux from competing with the LC70 as it makes so much money for them.

toyota-landcruiser-16lc70-24-1.jpg
All depends on how long the 70 can get a passing grade for safety and emissions.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
All depends on how long the 70 can get a passing grade for safety and emissions.
Their hand is being forced in November this year, we have a new side impact crash standard coming into force which the 70 does not meet. Toyota are indicating that the vehicle will continue to be sold, so they are making it compliant somehow. The 1VD-FTV engine is apparently already out of production (those used in the 70 are coming from stock held), so it will likely be replaced in the 70 by the new F33A-FTV engine from the 300. Our emissions rules aren't changing any time soon in Australia, so there is no issue there (the minimum fuel quality standards need to be modified, our fuel has too much sulfur to allow tighter emissions rules than their current setting).

MrKnowitall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR
Their hand is being forced in November this year, we have a new side impact crash standard coming into force which the 70 does not meet. Toyota are indicating that the vehicle will continue to be sold, so they are making it compliant somehow. The 1VD-FTV engine is apparently already out of production (those used in the 70 are coming from stock held), so it will likely be replaced in the 70 by the new F33A-FTV engine from the 300. Our emissions rules aren't changing any time soon in Australia, so there is no issue there (the minimum fuel quality standards need to be modified, our fuel has too much sulfur to allow tighter emissions rules than their current setting).
So funny thing about the F33 engine- it was engineered specifically to be built along side the 1VD- it's a 90deg block with the same bore/stroke as the VD. heads and block construction are completely different.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
So funny thing about the F33 engine- it was engineered specifically to be built along side the 1VD- it's a 90deg block with the same bore/stroke as the VD. heads and block construction are completely different.
Yes the F33 engine is based on the 1VD platform, it shares a lot of design features. A 90 degree V6 is a huge compromise, especially in a diesel. They are so difficult to balance. But what I've been told is that the 1VD is dead already.
Sponsored