• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Flat Tow 6G Ranger? Update 6/23 ***NOT FLAT TOWABLE***

Lab00Rat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
I currently flat tow a 5G Ranger behind my motorhome and wanted to know if anyone has news on if the 6G Ranger is flat towable.

The Bronco is, and this should be similar, but assumptions are not what I base future purchases on.

p.s., yes, I did search before posting this thread...
Sponsored

Last edited:

MrKnowitall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR
The Bronco is, and this should be similar, but assumptions are not what I base future purchases on.
Your assumtion is likely correct, but there's no way to be absolutely sure until the owners manual is available. Ford could pull some last-minute BS like GM and use a single-speed auto case like in the Explorer or base 4wd Colorados and Silverados.

NC Spuds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Lexus RC 350, GMC Canyon Denali on order
Occupation
Seed potatoes
Following as I also want to order a 6G to tow behind my RV. I’ve asked my dealer to confirm & still waiting for his response.

TimmyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
I also flat-tow a 5G Ranger. My info says it will definitely be towable. Obviously, we have to wait to see the owner's manual but I am convinced it will be identical to our 5G toads.

TimmyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
OK, great news. Just received confirmation from a gentleman (recently retired Ford engineer in charge of towing systems, if you're wondering about his cred) who says that yes, the 6G Ranger will be flat-towable using pretty much the same procedure we currently use for our 5G toads. Also stated that this DOES include the Ranger Raptor.

Sponsored

NC Spuds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Seed potatoes
Great, thanks! I’ll be submitting my order tomorrow.

NC Spuds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Seed potatoes
Cool. Whatcha' ordering?
Carbon gray Lariat, FX4, Advanced tow, chrome package & steps. Dealer already has my build and will be submitting it in the AM.

Since the RV is built on the Ford F53 chassis, I figured I’d keep the toad in the Ford family. The Ranger curb weight is within the RV tow limits so I’m going for it.

Besides, I miss having a truck! I had my Platinum F150 for 10 yrs and put 250k miles on it before trading up to a Black Widow F250. Ultimately, the Mrs and I got tired of climbing up into it (37” tires, 6” lift) so I downsized to the X5. It’s nice, but will be nicer in someone else’s driveway.

Reactions: MJE

TimmyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Carbon gray Lariat, FX4, Advanced tow, chrome package & steps. Dealer already has my build and will be submitting it in the AM.

Since the RV is built on the Ford F53 chassis, I figured I’d keep the toad in the Ford family. The Ranger curb weight is within the RV tow limits so I’m going for it.

Besides, I miss having a truck! I had my Platinum F150 for 10 yrs and put 250k miles on it before trading up to a Black Widow F250. Ultimately, the Mrs and I got tired of climbing up into it (37” tires, 6” lift) so I downsized to the X5. It’s nice, but will be nicer in someone else’s driveway.
Nice. Look forward to seeing it.

We also have an f53 Ford based MH, full-time for three years now. Discovered after a year or two that REV Group had incorrectly certified it as having only a 5k hitch, when in fact it has an 8k hitch! This gained us a full thousand pounds in towing capacity. I can load up my Tremor with lots of goodies now! 😁😁😁

NC Spuds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Seed potatoes
Nice. Look forward to seeing it.

We also have an f53 Ford based MH, full-time for three years now. Discovered after a year or two that REV Group had incorrectly certified it as having only a 5k hitch, when in fact it has an 8k hitch! This gained us a full thousand pounds in towing capacity. I can load up my Tremor with lots of goodies now! 😁😁😁
Nice! What’s your towbar and brake setup, and do you like it?

I’m also a bit jealous of your occupation…. I’m stepping down to part-time in July so we can get out more. Sort of “semi-retirement” to see how things work out. 😁

Sponsored

TimmyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Nice! What’s your towbar and brake setup, and do you like it?

I’m also a bit jealous of your occupation…. I’m stepping down to part-time in July so we can get out more. Sort of “semi-retirement” to see how things work out. 😁
Blue Ox Avail 10K towbar
Blue Ox baseplate
Blue Ox Patriot II aux brake

Like it very much. Would rather have a permanent braking system but I trade vehicles too often so I go with the portable.

This is us.
Ford Ranger Flat Tow 6G Ranger? Update 6/23 ***NOT FLAT TOWABLE*** 20230429_101835

NC Spuds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Seed potatoes
Perfect, I’ve narrowed it down between the Blue Ox and Roadmaster units. I believe either would be an acceptable solution.

Your MH looks very nice. We were torn between the Class A/C and ended up with a small Class A. Not as nice as yours, but it fits our needs:
Ford Ranger Flat Tow 6G Ranger? Update 6/23 ***NOT FLAT TOWABLE*** IMG_7436

TimmyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Perfect, I’ve narrowed it down between the Blue Ox and Roadmaster units. I believe either would be an acceptable solution.

Your MH looks very nice. We were torn between the Class A/C and ended up with a small Class A. Not as nice as yours, but it fits our needs:
IMG_7436.jpeg
Very nice! Our first rig was a Thor Vegas, which we absolutely loved! Unfortunately, we decided soon after to go FT, and that meant we had to trade up to a much bigger size. Big ol' pain in the wallet! :D I love your doggie/passenger window. I'd love one of those.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Are you thinking about hitting the road this summer with an RV camper, boat, recreational vehicle, or other trailers to enjoy your favorite activities? For additional towing knowledge and information, check out our series of short, informative videos and towing guides. You'll find topics such as a guide to Ford RV, Trailer Towing and more.

Last edited:

TimmyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Are you thinking about hitting the road this summer with an RV camper, boat, recreational vehicle, or other trailers to enjoy your favorite activities? For additional towing knowledge and information, check out our series of short, informative videos and towing guides. You'll find topics such as a guide to Ford RV, Trailer Towing and more.
Maybe... :D

Ford Ranger Flat Tow 6G Ranger? Update 6/23 ***NOT FLAT TOWABLE*** 1685637271285
Sponsored