Sponsored

For anyone that has upgraded speakers - did it make your sound louder?

Buellsox

Well-Known Member
First Name
Scott
Joined
Oct 22, 2025
Threads
4
Messages
266
Reaction score
404
Location
Tacoma, WA
Vehicle(s)
2025 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Local 26 Union Plumber
I switched to Focals in all 4 doors & a-pillar tweeters and replaced the center channel with an Infinity 2-way. It’s definitely much cleaner and mildly louder. The speakers really came alive once I sound deadened all 4 doors and the roof. SD’ing is beyond worth it in these tinny Rangers. That I can guarantee. And yes there is some finesse to get the headliner down but it OH SO worth it to get that roof SD’d.
Sponsored

 

PMRaptor

Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
7
Reaction score
4
Location
Manitoba
Vehicle(s)
2026 Ford Ranger Raptor
I switched to Focals in all 4 doors & a-pillar tweeters and replaced the center channel with an Infinity 2-way. It’s definitely much cleaner and mildly louder. The speakers really came alive once I sound deadened all 4 doors and the roof. SD’ing is beyond worth it in these tinny Rangers. That I can guarantee. And yes there is some finesse to get the headliner down but it OH SO worth it to get that roof SD’d.
I switched to Focals in all doors and A-pillars along with sound deadening and I am very happy with the results too. Can you share some details on the Infinity 2-way center channel? I found the center channel less predominant now, but I still think it is the weaker sounding speaker. Thx
 

Buellsox

Well-Known Member
First Name
Scott
Joined
Oct 22, 2025
Threads
4
Messages
266
Reaction score
404
Location
Tacoma, WA
Vehicle(s)
2025 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Local 26 Union Plumber
I switched to Focals in all doors and A-pillars along with sound deadening and I am very happy with the results too. Can you share some details on the Infinity 2-way center channel? I found the center channel less predominant now, but I still think it is the weaker sounding speaker. Thx
In all pure honesty the CC speaker upgrade to the Infinity (outside of the sub & amp upgrade) is probably my favorite swap out from the factory speakers. I love & enjoy the CC upgrade over the Focals and I love the Focals. Keep in mind I listen to a lot of metal, industrial, black & death metal, old school punk, & 80’s synth at high volume and I ALWAYS keep the sound staging in Surround Sound. So the CC speaker is a key & major player in putting that volume up into the windshield and directed right back into the cab.
I’d honestly hate not having the CC. The Infinity 2-way was a huge & impressive improvement over stock. It does need to be rewired into the factory pigtail (no plug & play adapter). And while I was in there I went ahead and SD’d the CC tub and make shifted a foam ring to direct the sound straight up and through the bezel opening and stop any sideways sound bleed.
Hope this helps!

Ford Ranger For anyone that has upgraded speakers - did it make your sound louder? IMG_0852


Ford Ranger For anyone that has upgraded speakers - did it make your sound louder? IMG_0853


Ford Ranger For anyone that has upgraded speakers - did it make your sound louder? IMG_0854
 

Bob2

Member
First Name
Robert
Joined
Jul 30, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
6
Reaction score
1
Location
MO
Vehicle(s)
2025 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
CEO
I went with Crutchfield's Infinity Reference (REF697F (6x9) and REF607 (6.5)) on my non-BO XLT plus some Soundskin deadening directly behind the speakers and a top foam dressing around each speaker top Left the A-pillar speakers alone. It's much, much better - less muddy with a clear and brighter sound...and plenty of bass. Was hoping to go with a Kicker amp upgrade as well from Trail Seven, but the complete disassembly of the center console put me off. It's a nice sound at low volume, and even mo' better around volume setting 17 when I'm driving solo :)
 

PMRaptor

Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
7
Reaction score
4
Location
Manitoba
Vehicle(s)
2026 Ford Ranger Raptor
In all pure honesty the CC speaker upgrade to the Infinity (outside of the sub & amp upgrade) is probably my favorite swap out from the factory speakers. I love & enjoy the CC upgrade over the Focals and I love the Focals. Keep in mind I listen to a lot of metal, industrial, black & death metal, old school punk, & 80’s synth at high volume and I ALWAYS keep the sound staging in Surround Sound. So the CC speaker is a key & major player in putting that volume up into the windshield and directed right back into the cab.
I’d honestly hate not having the CC. The Infinity 2-way was a huge & impressive improvement over stock. It does need to be rewired into the factory pigtail (no plug & play adapter). And while I was in there I went ahead and SD’d the CC tub and make shifted a foam ring to direct the sound straight up and through the bezel opening and stop any sideways sound bleed.
Hope this helps!
Very helpful, thanks!

Can you also share the model of the Infinity speaker and any details on the wiring that could help me sort this out without taking it to an installer? Much appreciated.
 

Sponsored

Buellsox

Well-Known Member
First Name
Scott
Joined
Oct 22, 2025
Threads
4
Messages
266
Reaction score
404
Location
Tacoma, WA
Vehicle(s)
2025 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Local 26 Union Plumber
Very helpful, thanks!

Can you also share the model of the Infinity speaker and any details on the wiring that could help me sort this out without taking it to an installer? Much appreciated.
Here’s a genetic EBay screen shot of the model Infinity that I used. I used this exact same one in the CC in my previous F-150 so I still had a single speaker kicking around to use in the RR. You might be able to find a single for purchase somewhere, otherwise you’re stuck buying a pair.
On the wiring from the plug, the solid white wire is positive (wider terminal) and the multi-color wire is ground (narrow terminal). I had to cut the factory plug off and crimp & heat shrink on terminals that matted to the Infinity. Still super easy!
Ford Ranger For anyone that has upgraded speakers - did it make your sound louder? IMG_0882
Ford Ranger For anyone that has upgraded speakers - did it make your sound louder? IMG_0881
 

some_guy

Well-Known Member
First Name
some
Joined
Oct 18, 2025
Threads
9
Messages
332
Reaction score
327
Location
florida
Vehicle(s)
2025 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
entrepreneur
i would highly suggest that you install sound deadening material in the doors first. If you are dead set on installing new speakers, do the sound deadening at the same time, it is the same disassembly process you were already going to do. The sound deadening material alone is a few hours long project, there are plenty of write ups here to show you how. Users who just did sound deadening reported better sound quality, and louder also.
 

PMRaptor

Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
7
Reaction score
4
Location
Manitoba
Vehicle(s)
2026 Ford Ranger Raptor
Here’s a genetic EBay screen shot of the model Infinity that I used. I used this exact same one in the CC in my previous F-150 so I still had a single speaker kicking around to use in the RR. You might be able to find a single for purchase somewhere, otherwise you’re stuck buying a pair.
On the wiring from the plug, the solid white wire is positive (wider terminal) and the multi-color wire is ground (narrow terminal). I had to cut the factory plug off and crimp & heat shrink on terminals that matted to the Infinity. Still super easy!
IMG_0882.webp
IMG_0881.webp
So sorry, but I have one final question. Did the mounting tabs line up or did you have to adapt it somehow?
 

Buellsox

Well-Known Member
First Name
Scott
Joined
Oct 22, 2025
Threads
4
Messages
266
Reaction score
404
Location
Tacoma, WA
Vehicle(s)
2025 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Local 26 Union Plumber
So sorry, but I have one final question. Did the mounting tabs line up or did you have to adapt it somehow?
Lined up perfectly. The Infinity just dropped right in without any modifications to the dash opening or mounting holes.
 

Sponsored

PMRaptor

Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
7
Reaction score
4
Location
Manitoba
Vehicle(s)
2026 Ford Ranger Raptor
Thanks again - ordered.

I opted for the Infinity Reference REF307F (replacement for the 3032) because it has a more neutral output as opposed to the brighter Kicker sound. I'll report back after the install.
 
 







Top