Sponsored

For anyone that has upgraded speakers - did it make your sound louder?

alrashid2

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 4, 2026
Threads
54
Messages
467
Reaction score
308
Location
PA
Vehicle(s)
2026 Ford Ranger XLT (2.7L V6)
Hey guys. I'm actually OK with the quality of the stock speakers in my 2026 XLT; however, they just don't get loud enough for me. In my old Subaru, and my wife's Mazda, you can turn the volume three quarters of the way up won't even hear yourself singing over the music! On my Ranger, even at max volume I can hear myself talk... I also find that anything above volume 25 (max is 30) the music doesn't get louder, it just gets more distorted sounding.

I was thinking maybe I could upgrade just the front 2 door speakers with some Kickers from Crutchfield, but I wasn't sure if that would actually make for louder music...

I am using Android Auto, so I wasn't sure if maybe it was that itself making it artificially quieter. My phone doesnt have any equalizer settings, but I use Spotify and that is already set to "loud" mode to boost volume.

Anyone upgrade speakers and find it made the sound louder? Can't believe how quiet this damn stereo is! Thanks all
Sponsored

 

CACTUSGREYFX4

Well-Known Member
First Name
Pat
Joined
Jun 13, 2023
Threads
7
Messages
1,776
Reaction score
1,635
Location
ON, Canada
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Stock system won't really get louder unless you have more power. Changing speaker will improve the sound but won't make it louder.
 
OP
OP
alrashid2

alrashid2

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 4, 2026
Threads
54
Messages
467
Reaction score
308
Location
PA
Vehicle(s)
2026 Ford Ranger XLT (2.7L V6)
Stock system won't really get louder unless you have more power. Changing speaker will improve the sound but won't make it louder.
Bummer... is there anyway to add more power to the stock OEM stereo?
 

CACTUSGREYFX4

Well-Known Member
First Name
Pat
Joined
Jun 13, 2023
Threads
7
Messages
1,776
Reaction score
1,635
Location
ON, Canada
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Not without finding a Amp that will plug directly into your system. Stereo installer would have to wire that in, not going to be plug and play.
 
OP
OP
alrashid2

alrashid2

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 4, 2026
Threads
54
Messages
467
Reaction score
308
Location
PA
Vehicle(s)
2026 Ford Ranger XLT (2.7L V6)
Ya, a bit beyond what I'd like to do. Thanks for the confirmation though! Shocked more people don't talk about this
 

Sponsored
OP
OP
alrashid2

alrashid2

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 4, 2026
Threads
54
Messages
467
Reaction score
308
Location
PA
Vehicle(s)
2026 Ford Ranger XLT (2.7L V6)
Sound deadening will help; it obviously won’t make the stereo louder, but it will improve it relative to ambient cabin noise.
I honestly find it too quiet even sitting with truck off in the driveway 😅

I did find that it isn't android auto, as the radio was just as loud (quiet lol).
 

superj

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jason
Joined
Feb 8, 2025
Threads
44
Messages
3,991
Reaction score
3,860
Location
Corpus christi texas
Vehicle(s)
2024 ford ranger, 2019 wrangler, 2018 mazda3
Occupation
Retired
My father in law changed all his stock speakers to kicker and loves it now. He has the regular speakers, not the b&o
 

stemplar

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2023
Threads
19
Messages
800
Reaction score
1,150
Location
Pennsylvania
Vehicle(s)
2025 Ranger Lariat 2.7

Sponsored

CACTUSGREYFX4

Well-Known Member
First Name
Pat
Joined
Jun 13, 2023
Threads
7
Messages
1,776
Reaction score
1,635
Location
ON, Canada
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Ya, a bit beyond what I'd like to do. Thanks for the confirmation though! Shocked more people don't talk about this
I use to compete in stereo sound offs when I was younger so I know a fair bit about it. For me my best SPL was 138db which is more than a jet taking off.
 

Rediviva

Member
First Name
Jason
Joined
Nov 5, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
6
Reaction score
15
Location
California
Vehicle(s)
24' Ranger XL 4x4
I just swapped all the speakers to JBL clubs in my XL this week. It definitely didn’t make things “louder”, but vocals and highs are much more clear / clean. The problem is for sure the power. The stock amp can’t push enough power to aftermarket speakers that are built to handle more. Also, the stock speakers have more substantial housing which I feel like helps dampen the highs. The front door speakers, even though much more clear, were too high and the lower end sound was gone. So I swapped the stock speakers in the front door back in. I also used kilmat to line the front doors. Super easy to do and made a huge difference.
 

purdyd

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2025
Threads
32
Messages
1,065
Reaction score
1,491
Location
california
Vehicle(s)
2025 Ford Ranger Lariat
There is a speaker efficiency, some are more efficient than others, that is louder for same power.

the b&O system I think is loud enough, but I’m not a loud music person;
 

pablo94sc

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2023
Threads
41
Messages
1,180
Reaction score
1,203
Location
TN
Vehicle(s)
Focus
I have a Raptor, but the volume rarely goes above 12. Same for the rest of my cars. I also have some minor hearing loss. Might be time to go have your ears checked.
 

superj

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jason
Joined
Feb 8, 2025
Threads
44
Messages
3,991
Reaction score
3,860
Location
Corpus christi texas
Vehicle(s)
2024 ford ranger, 2019 wrangler, 2018 mazda3
Occupation
Retired
Ssme with me, but I wear hearing aids
Sponsored

 
 







Top