• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

administrator

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
FORD ADDS THIRD CREW TO MEET DEMAND FOR BRONCO AND RANGER, REDUCES F-150 LIGHTNING PRODUCTION

JAN 19, 2024 | DEARBORN

Ford Ranger Ford Adds Third Crew at Michigan Assembly Plant to Meet Demand For Bronco And Ranger 2024-Ford-Ranger-Raptor-Michigan-Assembly-Plant-Exterior-001-Front-Three-Quarters

• Ford will create nearly 900 new jobs and add a third crew at Michigan Assembly Plant to increase production of the popular Bronco and Bronco Raptor sport-utility vehicles and the all-new Ranger and Ranger Raptor pickups
  • The company continues to balance production to meet customer demand for its broad portfolio of trucks, utility vehicles and cars with a mix of gas, hybrid and electric powertrains
  • Ford is reducing production of F-150 Lightning, the top-selling electric pickup in the U.S., to achieve the optimal balance of production, sales growth and profitability. Ford expects continued growth in global EV sales in 2024, though less than anticipated, and is preparing to launch next-generation EVs
DEARBORN, Mich., Jan. 19, 2024 – Ford Motor Company announced plans to create nearly 900 new jobs as part of a new third crew at Michigan Assembly Plant in Wayne to meet demand for the popular Bronco and Bronco Raptor and the all-new Ranger and Ranger Raptor.

The company is moving nimbly across its global footprint to capitalize on its balanced lineup and serve customers with the right mix of gas-powered, hybrid and electric vehicles, while optimizing financial returns.

In addition to nearly 900 net new hires, the new 1,600-person third crew at Michigan Assembly Plant will also include approximately 700 employees from Ford’s Rouge Complex in Dearborn who applied for job openings.

Ford is adding the manpower this summer to support planned future volume increases for vehicle lines assembled at the plant. The all-new Ranger and Ranger Raptor are on track to launch this year. Michigan Assembly Plant will transition to producing vehicles seven days a week versus five currently, with three crews working two shifts.

Matching F-150 Lightning production to customer demand

The company also has capacity available to scale production of gas-powered and hybrid F-150 trucks based on customer demand.

Ford was America’s No. 2 best-selling electric vehicle brand in 2023, and F-150 Lightning is America’s best-selling electric truck with sales up 55% in 2023 and further growth forecast for 2024.

“We are taking advantage of our manufacturing flexibility to offer customers choices while balancing our growth and profitability. Customers love the F-150 Lightning, America's best-selling EV pickup,” said Ford President and CEO Jim Farley. “We see a bright future for electric vehicles for specific consumers, especially with our upcoming digitally advanced EVs and access to Tesla's charging network beginning this quarter."

Approximately 1,400 employees will be impacted as the Rouge Electric Vehicle Center transitions to one shift effective April 1. Roughly 700 will transfer to Michigan Assembly Plant and the others will be placed in roles at the Rouge Complex or other facilities in Southeast Michigan, or take advantage of the Special Retirement Incentive Program agreed to in the 2023 Ford-UAW contract.

A few dozen employees could be impacted at component plants supporting F-150 Lightning production, depending on the number of employees who apply for the Special Retirement Incentive Program. Ford would provide placements for impacted employees within Southeast Michigan.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Deinonychus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor on order (I think?)
Seems like good news. Hopefully demand is sustainable enough for the Bronco and Ranger where these new jobs don't see a lightning type transition in the future. Sounds like Ford is getting serious about not losing the market excitement for the new release.

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Shuffling employee's around. Sales on the Ranger better go way up cause they can pump out the 3000 in a month or so. They must be way behind on the Bronco's even though my local dealer has 20 of them sitting on his lot.

BennyP92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Impreza
Occupation
Railroad
Should be adding that extra shift right now.

SSingh1975

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor, '24 BMW IX EV
Occupation
None of your business!
I mean if u wanna stay in the mid size truck business, then ya better put trucks on the dealer lots. 2024 is full Tacoma, 3rd Gen Colarado and Canyon (which look FAR better than stock Ranger) and Jeep has already slashed the Gladiator to $43k for Willys Trim.

Competition is red hot come summer this year in the mid size truck segment and the company that has the most stock to dealers will reap the sales. No one wants to wait anymore for 6 months while a truck is on the assembly line, while there's plethora of options to shop around.

Sponsored

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
Shuffling employee's around. Sales on the Ranger better go way up cause they can pump out the 3000 in a month or so. They must be way behind on the Bronco's even though my local dealer has 20 of them sitting on his lot.

Any dealer that has 20 Broncos sitting on their lot is a dealer to stay far away from. That means after their customers went to pick up the Bronco they ordered after 2 years, the dealer surprised them with a huge ADM at the last minute and the customer backed out. That is the only way a dealer has that many unsold Broncos.

I have a local dealer that has done just that and I will never buy from them and I hope they end up losing money on those Broncos now that the market is turning.

uthunter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-350 CC & 2019 Ranger Lariat Sport & 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - SuperCharged
That is the only way a dealer has that many unsold Broncos.
I beg to differ. Interest rates and higher living expenses are a big reason people aren't picking up their vehicles. That and "buyers remorse" when the vehicle finally arrives after all those months/years waiting and the customer no longer wants to spend $1000/month on a Bronco.

70 Stang

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150
Occupation
Construction Estimator
I'm real curious to see how the Ranger sales go. I priced a Colorado with items Ranger doesn't even offer (ventilated seats, sunroof) and it was still considerably less.

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm real curious to see how the Ranger sales go. I priced a Colorado with items Ranger doesn't even offer (ventilated seats, sunroof) and it was still considerably less.
it seems like there are a lot of issues with those trucks. been browsing the forums since day 1 of delivery and it has been a constant stream of electrical issues, drained batteries, body damage from the factory, roofs denting from carwashes, headlights not working, paint chipping, lemon laws, etc.

interior also built with cheaper materials than what the ford seems to have.

Xyotafella

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Tacoma Off Road
Occupation
Machinist
I bet they do ok. I’ve been a Toyota guy for a lot of years and I’m making the switch to a Ford. I can’t stand the new Tacoma. That said the Tacoma will still dominate the mid class.
it seems like there are a lot of issues with those trucks. been browsing the forums since day 1 of delivery and it has been a constant stream of electrical issues, drained batteries, body damage from the factory, roofs denting from carwashes, headlights not working, paint chipping, lemon laws, etc.

interior also built with cheaper materials than what the ford seems to have.
Ya I was looking at the new Colorado and joined some FB groups when I was looking around for some feedback. Pretty wild how many problems the ‘23 has had. Hopefully for Chevrolet they will iron some of that out in the ‘24 model

Willie

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Occupation
Retired
Been a Tacoma fan forever and was waiting patiently for the 2024s to be released but disappointed by the lack of models and huge price increase here in Canada. Starting price last year was 44k but this year is 50k for similar spec. truck. Too pricy. Visited Ford dealer last week and priced out a 2024 Ranger XL for about 9k less than a similarly equipped Taco. Dealer has a couple coming in near future and will call when they show up so I can have a look see.
Sponsored