• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
One more variation for other markets and more crickets for the NA market…
https://www.carscoops.com/2023/04/f...hailand-as-a-wiltrak-with-some-extra-glitter/

Ford Ranger Stormtrak Debuts In Thailand As A Wiltrak With Some Extra Glitter
The new version of the pickup looks very similar to the recently revealed Wiltrak X but doesn't get any chassis upgrades
by Thanos Pappas
8 hours ago
Ford Ranger Ford Ranger Stormtrak Debuts In Thailand Ford-Ranger-Stormtrak-Thailand-main-1024x576

Ford keeps us busy by unveiling new versions of the Ranger for different markets around the world. This time it is the Ford Ranger Stormtrak’s turn to shine, with the new model revealed in Thailand as a higher-spec sibling to the popular Wildtrak.

If the Ford Ranger Stormtrak looks familiar, it is because it gets similar styling to the Wildtrak X, which was recently revealed in Australia and Europe. However, the upgrades in the Stormtrak compared to the standard Wildtrak are limited to just the visuals, as it doesn’t get the beefier suspension, off-road tires, underbody protection, and additional electronics of the Wildtrak X.

Ford Ranger Ford Ranger Stormtrak Debuts In Thailand Ford-Ranger-Stormtrak-VS-Wildtrak-X-1024x410
The EU-spec Wildtrak X compared to the Thai-spec Stormtrak (variants of the Ford Ranger).

The Stormtrak features the new auxiliary LEDs on the X-shaped grille, black Ranger lettering on the bonnet, and a new set of 20-inch alloy wheels. The pickup is available in Arctic White, Meteor Grey, Absolute Black, and Sedona Orange shades. Other differences include the black graphic on the rear quarter panels, the red accents on the lower intake and rims, plus the matching Stormtrak lettering on the doors and tailgate. Another exterior highlight is the Flexible Rack system with a sliding loading rack on the rear bed.

Moving inside, Ford added Race Red stitching, alongside Stormtrak lettering on the dashboard and the seats which are upholstered in leather with Miko suede inserts. Equipment is quite generous, and it includes a 12.4-inch digital instrument cluster, a 12-inch infotainment touchscreen, dual-zone climate control, an E-shifter, and an electronic handbrake. In terms of safety, the Ranger Stormtrak is packed with ADAS including Adaptive Cruise Control and Active Park Assist, plus a 360-degree camera system.

The model is powered by the familiar bi-turbo 2.0-liter four-cylinder diesel making 201 hp (150 kW / 204 PS) and 500 Nm (369 lb-ft) of torque. The 10-speed automatic gearbox sends power to the rear or all four wheels. As we mentioned earlier, the chassis setup is identical to the standard Wildtrak setting aside the larger wheels.

The Ford Ranger Stormtrak debuted at the 2023 Bangkok International Motor Show and is already available in Thailand. Pricing starts from ฿1,264,000 ($36,755) for the RWD and from ฿1,399,000 ($40,680) for the 4WD. It is not clear if Ford plans on exporting the Stormtrak to other markets, following the footsteps of its predecessor which was offered in Europe.

Reactions: MJE

DonnieFowler

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Yes, I'm thinking of getting one, my father, always praises my car, I'll give it to him, and myself Ranger ...