• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Gator21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Wrangler
It's not that 4x4 auto is only on the Raptor, but the standard 4x4 no longer has a standard 2 speed transfer case. You now have to pay extra when you get a 4x4 if you want 4L. I kid you not.

The transmission shifter in the XL and XLT is the mechanical one straight out of the 5G. Outside of North America all models get the new electronic shifter.
The videos from today’s reveal show the XL and XLT have 4L.
Sponsored

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
For those wanting 4A, just remember that in the global Ranger this only comes with the V6 diesel and in the Raptor (Wildtrak X is an exception, when the Tremor arrives it will likely have it). So don't expect to find 4A in the 2.3 engined US versions, it may be included with the 2.7.
Damn. You just put a damper on my evening. I thought you guys had 4A in other trims. I reeeaaallllyyy want 4A, but having it in the Tremor won't cut it for me, because I only want a Lariat.
You did give me something to hang onto though. If it is available with the 2.7l, then I'll be happy.

Reactions: MJE

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
Damn. You just put a damper on my evening. I thought you guys had 4A in other trims. I reeeaaallllyyy want 4A, but having it in the Tremor won't cut it for me, because I only want a Lariat.
You did give me something to hang onto though. If it is available with the 2.7l, then I'll be happy.
It comes in XLT V6, Sport V6, Wildtrak V6 and Raptor. Just not with the four cylinder engines (the exception there is the Wildtrak X).

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
For those wanting 4A, just remember that in the global Ranger this only comes with the V6 diesel and in the Raptor (Wildtrak X is an exception, when the Tremor arrives it will likely have it). So don't expect to find 4A in the 2.3 engined US versions, it may be included with the 2.7.
I’m one of those wanting 4A I admit. I think you’re right too. What we’ve seen is a knob without 4A, so we know some versions won’t have 4A. It doesn’t mean that it won’t be at least available on some versions. Your idea might make the most sense, rather than a separate option. 2.3 without, 2.7 with. Maybe none of them will have it, but I don’t know how we know that yet, unless there’s something I missed.

Sponsored

Pac987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Why Ford doesn’t put 4A in the Ranger (not including the Raptor) is beyond me. The redesign seems nice but that’s a major feature that people who live in rainy/snow climates would love to have. The GM trucks have 4A, so I thought Ford would match them.

If you’re looking for a truly nice midsize truck I think Ford dropped the ball on the Ranger. The GMC Canyon is much much nicer. Ventilated seats, push button start, heated steering wheel all can be had with the middle trim, the AT4.

Oh, and Ford still put the keypad above the door handle and not in the B pillar, it looks so cheap and like an afterthought. The overseas versions have rear air vents at the trim level above XL, there are 4 more trims above that. Our Lariat doesn’t get rear hvac vents?? Are you kidding me Ford?!

Honestly, I feel like Ford intentionally holds the Ranger back so that people will buy the F150 instead.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Honestly, I feel like Ford intentionally holds the Ranger back so that people will buy the F150 instead.

I just said the same thing in another thread about F150.

4A has always been missed by me since I owned my Colorado.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 and 2020 F350 and 2022 Ford Escape
Maybe the rear vents are a second year strategy.

After buying a first year GS300 and G37S, I've learned to not consider first year vehicles.
Ha Ha. Bronco's been out for 3 years and still no rear vents as far as I know..

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger SCREW STX SE
Occupation
machinist
I have a Maverick and absolutely hate the twist knob! It's 1 of the main reasons I was looking at upgrading to Ranger. Now I expect a bunch of people to chime in about how they love it, but they probably don't switch back and forth between 3 (sometimes 4 counting the RV) vehicles like I do. The Maverick gets driven far less than my Grand Cherokee DD and lately even less than our F-150. It is a PIA relearning the position of that knob each time.
It's not that 4x4 auto is only on the Raptor, but the standard 4x4 no longer has a standard 2 speed transfer case. You now have to pay extra when you get a 4x4 if you want 4L. I kid you not.

The transmission shifter in the XL and XLT is the mechanical one straight out of the 5G. Outside of North America all models get the new electronic shifter.
I wouldn't flame any one for their preferences.
The reason I said a knob instead of a stick is that I thought the stick was purely cosmetic and wasn't mechanically linked to the trans. I guess I was wrong. Also, I personally would rather more room on the console than the floor shifter. If the shifter has to be mechanically connected to the trans, I would settle for a column shifter in lieu of a knob.

Sponsored

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
I wouldn't flame any one for their preferences.
The reason I said a knob instead of a stick is that I thought the stick was purely cosmetic and wasn't mechanically linked to the trans. I guess I was wrong. Also, I personally would rather more room on the console than the floor shifter. If the shifter has to be mechanically connected to the trans, I would settle for a column shifter in lieu of a knob.
not flaming, giving personal opinion and preference. When I started driving manual transmissions ruled the day. Extremely long floor shifters with long throws and standard bench seats inspired the term "sitting bitch" for those stuck in the middle :wink: Advent of bucket seats with floor mounted shifter in between was an option that really worked as bench seats got phased out and 3 across front seating became less popular. Today's short unobtrusive shifters are a huge improvement from the old days.

My 2018 F-150 has column mounted stalk shifter and bench seating with foldable center console. In many ways this is the most versatile configuration.

DirtyRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ranger
Outside of North America all models get the new electronic shifter.
Not so true. If you go to other country’s Ford sites, some lower tier autos have the old shifter.

Last edited:

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
I'm probably late to the party on this, but did you notice the 5G Tremor at the 1:18 mark in the official reveal video?
Yeah they showed that because the Tremor is no longer available. Probably a "silent" good-bye to the model. It's too bad too because I own a 2022 Tremor and it's a great compromise between off road capability and pickup tow/haul capacity.

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT || 2023 Escape PHEV
Yeah they showed that because the Tremor is no longer available. Probably a "silent" good-bye to the model. It's too bad too because I own a 2022 Tremor and it's a great compromise between off road capability and pickup tow/haul capacity.
Good grief, a new Ranger Tremor is a given. The only thing unknown is when it will be available. The drama here is reminding me of my daughters during middle school.
Sponsored