• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Tagtexas

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Also noticed that the drivers side does not have a grab handle as is the case in other markets. I believe the F 150 has one as well. Some of the little things that are missing have me scratching my head. Hopefully it will be clearer once the order banks are available.
Sponsored

Cavemold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Just clear something up is the 34,160 for 4x2 ?

Moto26

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '17 F150
Also noticed that the drivers side does not have a grab handle as is the case in other markets. I believe the F 150 has one as well. Some of the little things that are missing have me scratching my head. Hopefully it will be clearer once the order banks are available.
I've had my F150 for almost six years, and I honestly couldn't tell you if there's a grab handle on the driver's side without going outside and looking. Is this really something you would use?

* [As it turns out, it does! Who knew?] šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

Last edited:

telenerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, Subaru Crosstrek
Does anyone know if vinyl seats will be available? I really like my vinyl seats in my bronco.

Sponsored

Gator21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Wrangler
Iā€™m indifferent to the driver having a grab handle, but I do think the two backseats should have a grab handle to get in. I think itā€™s a little weird Ford didnā€™t put any except for the front passenger.

Tagtexas

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
I've had my F150 for almost six years, and I honestly couldn't tell you if there's a grab handle on the driver's side without going outside and looking. Is this really something you would use?
As I get older I might. My wife has some back issues and the one on the passenger side is helpful. Weā€˜re not ancient but getting old is no fun.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
As I get older I might. My wife has some back issues and the one on the passenger side is helpful. Weā€˜re not ancient but getting old is no fun.

The wife is kind of short and she needs them to help her in the truck. She also has a knee problem that may need fixing. She had surgery twice already so yea they come in handy. I personally do not use them but she does.

You know it is just another corner cut by Ford. This launch was a dud. It has made me want to stay with my truck longer and see how things play out with the different brands. There was so much excitement around the new Colorado and Canyon launch but most of the Ranger has been mediocre except the youtube video's because if they don't they do not get a invite back.

The Raptor looks fantastic though but it is not a truck for me and is more than I would spend on a truck.

Honestly I may still end up with a Ranger because of the comfort, with all the long trips I do but we shall see. The new Ranger seems to have the exact seats I have now even the same pattern and colors and I love them. I like most things about my Colorado but the one thing my Ranger crushed it in was comfort. Also crushed the Taco in comfort. I am just not thrilled about halogen head lights and keys.

21VBRanger

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Supercrew
No Eruption Green? Makes me sad man...

I'm not thrilled with the looks of any of these. The GM twins look better to me, but maybe it will look different in real life.

I also didn't see any references to cooled seats being an option? With it available on the GM twins, it would be strange to leave it out here.
I also was disappointed about Eruption Green. Write @mrlevine on instagram. He is Product Communications Director for Ford.

Again, I also was wondering about cooled seats. This is something the lariat should come standard with. One of the many reasons I traded my 21 ranger lariat in.

21VBRanger

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm really just hoping that is the pre production issue, because no rear air vents is kind of unacceptable for a 60K vehicle.

I think the ROW model has rear vents, can anyone confirm?
I am pretty sure I heard in the TFL video ore another that the rear vents are under the seats like the Bronco. Don't quote me but thought I heard it in one of the videos.

Sponsored

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh, and Ford still put the keypad above the door handle and not in the B pillar, it looks so cheap and like an afterthought. The overseas versions have rear air vents at the trim level above XL, there are 4 more trims above that. Our Lariat doesnā€™t get rear hvac vents?? Are you kidding me Ford?!
I believe the keypad can be moved to wherever you want it to be. The previous gen many owners put it inside the gas cap or in a more hidden area. It is wireless which makes moving it quite easy.

arkansawyer

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Subaru Outback, 2003 Ford F150, 2011 Toyota C
XL price is pretty good for 4x4 at 34k. Hard to beat really.
What I got out of this is that was the 2x4 price. I was disappointed base pricing jumped from 28k to almost 35k, but if we look at 2023 XL STX Super Crew 2WD, then this could be considered ever-so-slightly cheaper. Still, to jump to 4x4 in 2023 model, with that config, drives the price up to almost $39k, which is probably where this lands as well.

I do like this model and a lot of its features. I do not like the idea of spending $40k on a decently equipped 4x4 truck. But given the current market, at least it's comparable to other offerings. I was hoping for more of a middle ground between Mav and F150, and no longer need the super-crew option. And this is almost in base-level F150 price territory. I'll have to look at MPG when published and what incentives are offered on other trucks before deciding. Which means, if this goes as Mav went, I'll miss my opportunity because of the flood of orders. :) (My 20 year old F150 still starts, as of today, so I am not desperate yet).

Pac987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I believe the keypad can be moved to wherever you want it to be. The previous gen many owners put it inside the gas cap or in a more hidden area. It is wireless which makes moving it quite easy.
Iā€™m sure it can, but on the Maverick, F150 and Iā€™m sure the super duties, itā€™s integrated right into the B pillar. Looks 100% better and planned out.

21VBRanger

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did anyone else notice it has a nice sound when closing the doors vs the current gen that has the hollow metal sound? Big upgrade there.

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Iā€™m sure it can, but on the Maverick, F150 and Iā€™m sure the super duties, itā€™s integrated right into the B pillar. Looks 100% better and planned out.
The reason why those are integrated and the Ranger is not is because like the 5G this is still a global model. The keypad is really only a thing on North American products at least when it comes to trucks.
Sponsored