• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

2024 Ford Ranger Lariat available at dealer

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can get a fully loaded 2024 Colorado Z71 for a lower price than that, and that's including a Sunroof, Ventilated Seats and Rear Vents (all things missing on the 2024 Ranger Lariat).

In fact, the OTD price (including taxes, title, fees etc.) for the aforementioned Colorado would also be around $52K.
been compared on the forums many times previously but that lariat also has many features that GM decided not to include on the colorado. pros and cons to each truck.

with the quality issues i've seen from the new colorado launch i have no issues avoiding that truck.
Sponsored

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
been compared on the forums many times previously but that lariat also has many features that GM decided not to include on the colorado. pros and cons to each truck.
It's true the Colorado doesn't have physical knobs for the lights, but it's not as though the lights are missing from the Colorado. And yes, the Ranger does edge out the Colorado slightly in terms of horsepower/torque and towing capacity if off-roading is your thing or you're doing a ton of hauling.

That said, the only major things the Lariat has that the Colorado doesn't are the Universal Garage Door Opener, Power Passenger Seat and an Automatic Sliding Rear Door.

From a functional and creature comfort perspective, I'm not certain having those things is necessarily worth giving up cooled seats and a sunroof.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
with the quality issues i've seen from the new colorado launch i have no issues avoiding that truck.
In all fairness, the productiom Ranger 6G hasn't been delivered to customers yet. So it's really hard to make a fair judgment between the 2 on quality at this point.

I do know Ford as a whole has been struggling itself on the quality front though.

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In all fairness, the productiom Ranger 6G hasn't been delivered to customers yet. So it's really hard to make a fair judgment between the 2 on quality at this point.

I do know Ford as a whole has been struggling itself on the quality front though.
I see it this way:

The software and electronic bugs have likely been worked out with the launch of the RoW 6G Ranger 2 years ago, and the hardware of the truck are mostly things that Ford has been using for years (2.3L, 10R60/10R80) that have been time-tested.

Ford has been having quality issues lately but this is how i'm rationalizing being a first-model owner.

tbalt14

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electronic technician
It's true the Colorado doesn't have physical knobs for the lights, but it's not as though the lights are missing from the Colorado. And yes, the Ranger does edge out the Colorado slightly in terms of horsepower/torque and towing capacity if off-roading is your thing or you're doing a ton of hauling.

That said, the only major things the Lariat has that the Colorado doesn't are the Universal Garage Door Opener, Power Passenger Seat and an Automatic Sliding Rear Door.

From a functional and creature comfort perspective, I'm not certain having those things is necessarily worth giving up cooled seats and a sunroof.
Plus the Ranger has Active trailer assist and 48" between rear wheels in the bed. Neither are available on the Colorado.

Sponsored

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Plus the Ranger has Active trailer assist and 48" between rear wheels in the bed. Neither are available on the Colorado.
I'm not sure about the 48" thing, but I believe the Colorado also has its own form of Active Tow Assist included in the Advanced Trailering Package.

Xyotafella

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Tacoma Off Road
Occupation
Machinist
If I canā€™t back a trailer I probably shouldnā€™t be pulling one. This tech always seemed comical to me

tbalt14

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electronic technician
If I canā€™t back a trailer I probably shouldnā€™t be pulling one. This tech always seemed comical to me
Yeah I'm not sure I would use a knob to back a trailer either.

tbalt14

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electronic technician
I'm not sure about the 48" thing, but I believe the Colorado also has its own form of Active Tow Assist included in the Advanced Trailering Package.
I looked up GM's trailer tow options. Not the same as Ford's but like Derek said most will not use Ford's feature either. I got that package just for the brake controller which GM does offer in theirs too. Forgot about Ford's option of having a Electronic locker. I think for GM you need to get the ZR2 to get electronic lockers. Their other models get the old mechanical locking.

JennyjoannSuebeeMcNash

First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick EB XL & 2016 Ford F150 XLT
Occupation
Government

Sponsored

NASSTY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor / 1994 Bronco

jedadiah

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger XLT 4x2
If you do a Cars.com search, there a re a lot of dealers showing these as in transit and a few say in stock. I don't think any have been shipped yet, but these dealers must not think it'll be too far in the future.

I wouldn't take any sight-seeing trips until a dealer has an actual photo on their website.

Mikefili

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger, 2004 Ranger
Occupation
Construction
While I wait on my Raptor, It thought it interesting that my dealer recently posted a Lariat has arrived. Unclear what arrived actually meansā€¦..I suspect it means coming.

NEW 2024 Ford Ranger Lariat
  • VIN: 1FTER4KH0RLE04904
  • STOCK: 24PN047
https://www.nucarfordplymouth.com/i...nger-lariat-4wd-4d-crew-cab-1fter4kh0rle04904
All dealers do that shit all the time, do you really think they even have false Advertizing in their vocabulary? they could not care less, no one polices anything they do or say even if it is in print! not unusual to get a full "legal" buyers order and the pricing changes when you go into the F&I office, they could not care less, their mission is to squeeze every dollar out of every sale no matter what
Sponsored