• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Didn't know the lights turn when you go around a corner thought that was only on the Raptor. The bed lip by the tailgate looks like it's missing the plastic strip. All those holes should have something in it. Quality Control missed that.

OP
OP
jedadiah

jedadiah

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger XLT 4x2
He could be wrong about the lights. He's wrong about the towing numbers.

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
He could be wrong about the lights. He's wrong about the towing numbers.
Most sale people don't have a clue. The customer usually knows more as they get to research it forever before it comes in. I know the truck I drive now I knew more than the salesman and it only took 12 weeks. Heck I am already at 20 weeks and not even scheduled yet.

Sponsored

jezzza

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor RA
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Didn't know the lights turn when you go around a corner thought that was only on the Raptor.
It's part of the matrix headlights option.

Also what's up with the 'chrome' packages in the US market. The rest of the world got over chrome platting in the late 70s.

Last edited:

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier

Also what's up with the 'chrome' packages in the US market. The rest of the world got over chrome platting in the late 70s.
like most things.... the US hangs on forever on things the rest of the world got over decades ago.

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
Only 4 wheel drive trucks get the e-shifter. This one's just a 4x2

Screenshot 2023-10-30 at 22.03.12.png
is that true? from my understanding the e shifter was part of the parking feature it has. although if you're right it would explain why there's no e shifter in the pictures on my build scheduling

Sponsored

Scole31

First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado Z71
is that true? from my understanding the e shifter was part of the parking feature it has. although if you're right it would explain why there's no e shifter in the pictures on my build scheduling
He’s absolutely right. I played with build price and it shows as it is in the video. Kinda weird they don’t make it the e shifter for the 4x2.

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
He’s absolutely right. I played with build price and it shows as it is in the video. Kinda weird they don’t make it the e shifter for the 4x2.

its really weird considering they said the eshifter would be on all lariat models

Scole31

First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado Z71
its really weird considering they said the eshifter would be on all lariat models
Agree. I’m at a cross roads on how I feel about the e shifter. I’ve made other comments on it. I’m sure I would get used to it, but it loses the good ole boy truck feel.

OP
OP
jedadiah

jedadiah

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger XLT 4x2

Doesn't look much different than Platinum version available in Australia to me.
Ford Ranger Video: 2024 Ranger Lariat in Azure Gray (at US dealership) 2022_FORD_RANGER_PLATINUM_ 3

Robo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5, VW Atlas
Did he say 5,500 lbs for the tow capacity of the 2.3L? I thought it was 7,500 lbs just like the 2.7L?
Sponsored