• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Jab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon | 2024 Ranger Raptor
Looks like no rear vents confirmed. I really don't understand that decision.
Sponsored

jdlapointe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Taurus, 1970 Fairlane 500
Occupation
Project Manager
its really weird considering they said the eshifter would be on all lariat models
The e-shifter is required for the pro parking assist feature. Not sure if that is a standard feature on lariat, but on the XL with the tech package you get it.

Gator21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Wrangler
The e-shifter is required for the pro parking assist feature. Not sure if that is a standard feature on lariat, but on the XL with the tech package you get it.
The e-shifter is not available on the XL or XLT trim. The e-shifter comes in Lariat 4x4s and has the newer version of the parking assist. The 2wd Lariats come with the same shifter as the XL and XLT have. This was discovered and discussed on this forum a few months back when the first videos of 2wd Lariats started popping up and they all had the bigger shifter. Then a member did some digging and found it in the literature that the newer version of parking assist was only available for 4x4 Lariats and Raptors because they have the e-shifter.

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
The e-shifter is not available on the XL or XLT trim. The e-shifter comes in Lariat 4x4s and has the newer version of the parking assist. The 2wd Lariats come with the same shifter as the XL and XLT have. This was discovered and discussed on this forum a few months back when the first videos of 2wd Lariats started popping up and they all had the bigger shifter. Then a member did some digging and found it in the literature that the newer version of parking assist was only available for 4x4 Lariats and Raptors because they have the e-shifter.
Heh that’s weird. Thought pro parking assist was standard on lariats

Sponsored

Gator21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Wrangler
Heh that’s weird. Thought pro parking assist was standard on lariats
There are two different versions of “Park Assist”. The Active Park Assist 2.0 is only available on the 4wd Lariat with the e-shifter (and the RaptorI believe since it also has the e-shifter).

Ford Ranger Video: 2024 Ranger Lariat in Azure Gray (at US dealership) EE3B6141-E784-455A-88FA-F5945CB3BC9D

jdlapointe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Taurus, 1970 Fairlane 500
Occupation
Project Manager
Yeah, I misread. I missed the 2.0 vs non 2.0

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
There are two different versions of “Park Assist”. The Active Park Assist 2.0 is only available on the 4wd Lariat with the e-shifter (and the RaptorI believe since it also has the e-shifter).

EE3B6141-E784-455A-88FA-F5945CB3BC9D.jpeg
Weird you have so many more options there than I do.... options I was lead to believe were standard on lariat models

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier

EE3B6141-E784-455A-88FA-F5945CB3BC9D.jpeg
I do see on the ford website the 2.0. Which is interesting. It doesn't show up on my build on the ford tracking site though

Gator21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Wrangler
Weird you have so many more options there than I do.... options I was lead to believe were standard on lariat models
That screenshot was taken from Ford’s site (US version) showing the features on Lariat trim. The Active Park Assist 2.0 is standard on 4x4 Lariats, just not 2wd.

Sponsored

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
That screenshot was taken from Ford’s site (US version) showing the features on Lariat trim. The Active Park Assist 2.0 is standard on 4x4 Lariats, just not 2wd.
Alright so no active parking assist for me then I guess. Seems odd it would only be on the 4x4. Oh well, I can live without it I guess

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Alright so no active parking assist for me then I guess. Seems odd it would only be on the 4x4. Oh well, I can live without it I guess

The 2wd has the Enhanced Active Park Assist whereas the 4wd has the Active Park Assist 2.0 I just don't have the differences as we can only get the 4x4 in Canada so no literature.

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
The 2wd has the Enhanced Active Park Assist whereas the 4wd has the Active Park Assist 2.0 I just don't have the differences as we can only get the 4x4 in Canada so no literature.
Interesting. Ya I can't see anything on the US website talking about the 4x2 parking assist. I guess we will find out when we find out

Stretch

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 FX4, 2022 Escape PHEV, 2024 Ranger?
As I understand it, Enhanced only steers while PA 2.0 will also handle brakes, accelerator and most importantly, shifting. Which is why the e-shifter is required.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Ranger Lariat in Azure Gray at US dealership.

The holes are for accessories like the Swing Box or Bed extender. No need for them to have something in them.
Sponsored