• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
And yet 80% of the comments on Redit prefer column.
And yes, chrome sucks.

Mind you, I don't have a hatred of the console shifter as to how it works or feels, But it's taking up valuable space for better options like the interior work surface or a secondary storage bin/pocket.
This is what we call selection bias.
Sponsored

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
since when has reddit ever had good opinions about anything.....most of the people there think trucks shouldn't be sold to citizens, and you should have to rent a truck anytime you need to haul/tow and get a special "truck license" just to drive them.

i'll pass on giving any weight to what the reddit bluehairs think.
I spend a lot of time on reddit and have never seen a comment suggesting this.

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
It’s not blue hairs. It’s Europeans, broke progressive Americans, and hipster millenials. I swear they don’t know what trucks are used for. If it doesn’t have an 8 foot bed suddenly it’s a soccer dad vehicle but never mind the concepts of payload weight, towing, and off roading. They think because they drive a 15 year old Subaru that they can’t afford to replace that it’s the only vehicle people need. Apparently if you drive a nice truck you must automatically be in too much debt because it’s inconceivable to them that some of us actually do pretty well and have a nice salary. And that before they do a complete 180 on “body shaming” and accuse men with trucks of having small genitals and big egos. Apparently there are certain disparaging stereotypes you’re allowed to make guilt free in 2023.
I only see this opinion on trucks that are jacked to Jesus honestly, or those who drive big ass trucks and park in 2-3 slots

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
I only see this opinion on trucks that are jacked to Jesus honestly, or those who drive big ass trucks and park in 2-3 slots
Spend enough time on /r/all and you’ll see it happen. Especially when that YouTube video came out about pedestrian safety. Or any video where a truck guy parks over the line. Nasty vicious comments.

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
Spend enough time on /r/all and you’ll see it happen. Especially when that YouTube video came out about pedestrian safety. Or any video where a truck guy parks over the line. Nasty vicious comments.
Well.. I mean r/all is the twitter of reddit. I'll admit, when it comes to the larger trucks I think there is a very good argument to be made about pedestrian safety, but that also goes for the escalades some of those idiots drive. that being said when it comes to mid size and smaller I think most people are fine with them. I think reddit does exaggerate the backing up into a parking space and hanging over the sidewalk a bit, but then again im not someone who needs a wheel chair so....

Sponsored

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Well.. I mean r/all is the twitter of reddit. I'll admit, when it comes to the larger trucks I think there is a very good argument to be made about pedestrian safety, but that also goes for the escalades some of those idiots drive. that being said when it comes to mid size and smaller I think most people are fine with them. I think reddit does exaggerate the backing up into a parking space and hanging over the sidewalk a bit, but then again im not someone who needs a wheel chair so....
Blame the driver, not the vehicle. Who hasn’t been almost sideswiped by a cat lady in a Kia Soul

Reactions: MJE

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
Blame the driver, not the vehicle. Who hasn’t been almost sideswiped by a cat lady in a Kia Soul
What I mean is the situation where the vehicle is so large you can't see people (and sometimes even cars) in front of you. I am not bashing trucks in general, just saying that argument has some validity. You also have to realize there are Europeans and progressives on reddit who live in cities where trucks tend to make less sense in many cases and do interfere with pedestrian traffic.

As someone who has a commute in a decent sized city where there are a lot of trucks, I can definitely say they don't see me much of the time. That isn't all driver error either, that is just the blind spots inherent in the vehicle type itself.

And to your point, I have been nearly killed by plenty of people in cars too. That being said there are certain vehicle types that attract certain people. Vettes, Audis, BMWs, Escalades, and needlessly big pavement princess trucks are pretty consistently driven by assholes (where I live anyways).

Ironically, in the more rural areas I have lived the people who drive the larger trucks don't park like assholes, but that is also because there is less opportunity for that to happen as well.

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I could go for a Ranger Platinum with a 3.0
Interesting thought…. Gotta say I’d love the platinum, but I didn’t think about the possibility it could share the 3.0 with the RR, now that would be something!

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
Interesting thought…. Gotta say I’d love the platinum, but I didn’t think about the possibility it could share the 3.0 with the RR, now that would be something!
I would never be able to get over the chrome on the platinum. I like it otherwise

Sponsored

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
a cat lady in a Kia Soul
Now I want to start a thread with just automotive stereotypes, because they’re true. I can only think of the obvious ones though like the Altima or Toyotas with the Camry dent.

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
Now I want to start a thread with just automotive stereotypes, because they’re true. I can only think of the obvious ones though like the Altima or Toyotas with the Camry dent.
Challengers with the bananas?

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Infinitis with drive out tags and missing bumpers.

Ricardo

First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Ranger 2.5 Diesel
Occupation
Engineer
Also what's up with the 'chrome' packages in the US market. The rest of the world got over chrome platting in the late 70s.
LOL

Was thinking about what you said when l was out and about the other day, noticed a load of nearly new Audi, Beamers & Merc's parked up in the road with accentuated chrome trim, not all the world has got over it lol, normally when l see photos of the 3 best selling vehicles in the US sales reports F-Series, Silverado & Ram are absolutely plastered in chrome, works trucks probably not.

Ford Ranger Video: 2024 Ranger Lariat in Azure Gray (at US dealership) 26C482C500000578-0-image-a-8_1426705862983

Jezza loves chrome Mercs, so yesterday? Probably fair to say its more of a luxury market thing, also found on top spec mass produced model have it Ford UK use it on their Vignale range or top Focus & Fiesta spec models, chrome if done in a supple way is OK, overdone can be a garish.

Personally chrome trim it does not bother me, l always tend to go with the high spec fully loaded models change it about every 15-17 years, they just tend to come with a touch of accentuated chrome trim, don't choose car or truck just because it has chrome trim lol, it just happens to come with it, it does not bother me, l don't dislike if it has it really doesn't bother me as long as its packed with all extras thats all that matters. Ranger Raptor is the best truck money can in the UK has no chrome but sadly just could not afford to run one near $10 a gallon gas, insurance is astronomical just not practical to run in the UK, is rendered functionally totally useless by our useless Cornish county council (Cornwall is like a UK's surfer dude type Californian eco loon State) that are rolling out blanket 20 MPH speed limit everywhere off Highway roads to cut down on accidents & hidden agenda an EV's range gets better at slow speeds & discourage travel.
Sponsored

Last edited: