• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ranger Lariat at Chicago Auto Show

Greglon

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 F150 FX2; ‘18 Expy Max; ‘24 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Workforce Director
This is a nice look at the Ranger Lariat. Ordered mine on 9/11/23. Scheduled for 3/4 until this week…now 3/11. Would love to see it in person!
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4 | Best Midsize Truck?! via @YouTube
Sponsored

SSingh1975

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor, '24 BMW IX EV
Occupation
None of your business!
Hope they release a Tremor trim next year. IMO, only the Raptor and Tremor versions look good. The plain jane Ranger still looks outdated in a lot of ways. If anything, I love the designs on the new Colorado/Canyon (especially the Canyons which all come with factory lift and wider stance and in same price range).

Scotty piffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 ranger lariat
Occupation
Sales
Hope they release a Tremor trim next year. IMO, only the Raptor and Tremor versions look good. The plain jane Ranger still looks outdated in a lot of ways. If anything, I love the designs on the new Colorado/Canyon (especially the Canyons which all come with factory lift and wider stance and in same price range).
Have never owned a truck before and was considering all of the midsize options. Initially thought I was going to get a Colorado trail boss but the “plain Jane” look is actually what I like most about the Ranger and what ultimately sold me on it. The Colorado caught my eye at first but I think the styling is over the top now and borderline cheesy. Remind me of a transformer and think it would get sick of it pretty quick, in my opinion it does not have a classic American truck look which is what I realized I was actually looking for and I think the new ranger accomplishes this in a modernized way.

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
I watch a Lariat FX4 one and alas it didn't have the required running boards on it. :(

Sponsored

fordtrks4ever

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Retired
I watch a Lariat FX4 one and alas it didn't have the required running boards on it. :(
It did not have the FX4 off road package.
Bed decal was Sport 4x4 not FX4 Off Road

tbalt14

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electronic technician
This is a nice look at the Ranger Lariat. Ordered mine on 9/11/23. Scheduled for 3/4 until this week…now 3/11. Would love to see it in person!
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4 | Best Midsize Truck?! via @YouTube
I went to the auto show yesterday and saw this truck. Pretty sweet and the seats are very comfy.
They finally got rid of the u-joint on the differential and went with a CV-joint. Hopefully will prevent the takeoff shudder the 5th gen Ranger had.

Ford Ranger Ranger Lariat at Chicago Auto Show IMG_3780

Ford Ranger Ranger Lariat at Chicago Auto Show IMG_3782

tbalt14

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electronic technician
Sat in both the Colorado and Canyon yesterday and not impressed with the interior. Outside yes but inside I would say GM is dated. Too many old radio style push button switches and seats are stiff compared to Ford.

Last edited:

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
It did not have the FX4 off road package.
Bed decal was Sport 4x4 not FX4 Off Road
Yes I know I watched a different one and it had the FX4 package with no running boards

jedadiah

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger XLT 4x2
I went to the auto show yesterday and saw this truck. Pretty sweet and the seats are very comfy.
They finally got rid of the u-joint on the differential and went with a CV-joint. Hopefully will prevent the takeoff shudder the 5th gen Ranger had.

IMG_3780.jpeg

IMG_3782.jpeg
If I were at an auto show with one of these, I'd do like you and take pictures that could answer questions folks might have. Nice to see a shot underneath.

Sponsored

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired

IMG_3780.jpeg

IMG_3782.jpeg
That’s the same setup that the Tremors have. I’m assuming it’s still a two piece drive shaft?

Pac987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Have never owned a truck before and was considering all of the midsize options. Initially thought I was going to get a Colorado trail boss but the “plain Jane” look is actually what I like most about the Ranger and what ultimately sold me on it. The Colorado caught my eye at first but I think the styling is over the top now and borderline cheesy. Remind me of a transformer and think it would get sick of it pretty quick, in my opinion it does not have a classic American truck look which is what I realized I was actually looking for and I think the new ranger accomplishes this in a modernized way.
I agree with you. The Colorado trail boss and the Canyons look corny to me. They’re not a big enough vehicle to have such a wide stance on them. They look silly imo, kind of like after market fender flares sticking way out on modified vehicles. Wide trucks like the F150 Raptor and TRX are big trucks, so their wide stance is proportionate.

coldconfession13

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford edge
Occupation
IT
I believe someone said that lariat had auto start/stop button. I wonder if it's coming with or without.

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
I believe someone said that lariat had auto start/stop button. I wonder if it's coming with or without.
I know mine says removed on the tracker but it still a little less than a month to be built so maybe they might/might not have the proper chips by then.
Sponsored