• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Only 20% gets the FX4 off-road package, wow!
I actually ordered 2WD, but with tow and locking rear diff. My Grand Cherokee is full time 4WD, my F-150 Sport is shift on the fly 4WD, and my Maverick is AWD. I got the 4WD covered and no need or desire for a more expensively optioned 4WD Ranger too.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
100% they are.
I'm pretty sure Fleet orders not included here. They have their own Priority code and usually optioned slightly different than the retail orders too.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Yeah, Iā€™d probably go for an XL. But if custom ordering not sure why people would go with white, unless as it sounds like, itā€™s for fleets.
I ordered an XL in White. I've had 4 Rangers and 2 were White. I like the way they look with contrasting Black elements like door handles, mirror caps, mud flaps, grill, bumper, etc. Also, I live at 6200' elevation with very thin atmosphere and White with lighter (Grey usually) interior is the best combination for the hotter weather comfort in your truck and no negatives to speak of for other seasons.

Sponsored

Deleted member 6764

I actually ordered 2WD, but with tow and locking rear diff. My Grand Cherokee is full time 4WD, my F-150 Sport is shift on the fly 4WD, and my Maverick is AWD. I got the 4WD covered and no need or desire for a more expensively optioned 4WD Ranger too.
I ordered an XLT 2WD with towing and locking rear diff. Same on AWD covered already, by our Subaru, mainly getting this for camper and projects/utility.

jedadiah

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger XLT 4x2
I ordered an XLT 2WD with towing and locking rear diff. Same on AWD covered already, by our Subaru, mainly getting this for camper and projects/utility.
Sounds like we ordered similar trucks. 2wd, Advanced Towing, and a locking rear differential. My wife's car is a '22 Outback :)

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Only 20% gets the FX4 off-road package, wow!
When the majority of orders are Raptors, there wonā€™t be that many FX4ā€™s ordered. Thatā€™s my take on it.

sandy_koufax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Curious about the white XLs- I wonder if those are fleet orders.
White is definitely for fleet if they're included in these numbers.

Between all the forums I've seen at least one or two people say they ordered an XL.
I took a Black XL. Didn't see much difference between XL and XLT this year when you're not adding tons of options. I wanted a Raptor but couldn't justify paying the huge markups right now. Adding a ton of features made it creep up in price to "almost raptor price" and it made me frustrated so I went with a base XL and added 4wd with locker, a hitch, and carpet. It's going to be my second car mostly used for camping so I'm fine with not having a ton of luxuries. Not only was FX4 not available, I wanted different wheels and tires anyway. Not worth it. I'll just add a fox lift kit.

Sponsored

yoopercharged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford SVT Raptor
Asking out of curiosity. If you already have an F150 and a Maverick and are planning to keep both, what purpose does the Ranger serve for you?

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Asking out of curiosity. If you already have an F150 and a Maverick and are planning to keep both, what purpose does the Ranger serve for you?
I have to share the F-150 with my wife and her horse activities and it's overkill for my average uses. Maverick was always a compromise for me and place holder for a midsize that had S Cab + 6' bed without all the worst of the nanny tech mandatory currently implemented with more coming. I never wanted front wheel drive with transverse motor either, but figured I would get it while the getting was good. I'm looking for the right opportunity on a 2022/2023 Nissan Frontier King Cab to present it itself, or eventual offering of the Ranger SCab +longer bed. At that point Maverick goes away, replaced by the mid-size better fit.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
When the majority of orders are Raptors, there wonā€™t be that many FX4ā€™s ordered. Thatā€™s my take on it.
Plus Iā€™m sure there are a few who are holding out for a Tremor to be available. Iā€™m one of them. Not only hold out for a Tremor bust also more cab configurations as well (SuperCrew longbed please).

Am I the only person who found these stats being published odd? Like Ford is showing the competition its hand of cards?!?! I find it strange.

Deleted member 6764

Plus Iā€™m sure there are a few who are holding out for a Tremor to be available. Iā€™m one of them. Not only hold out for a Tremor bust also more cab configurations as well (SuperCrew longbed please).

Am I the only person who found these stats being published odd? Like Ford is showing the competition its hand of cards?!?! I find it strange.
All indications are only crew cab, short bed and no Tremor for 2024.

Gator21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Wrangler
I view it as them trying to drum up an article to get more publicity and get the word out that you can order a 2024 to try to entice more sales. The media hasnā€™t gotten ahold of any trucks beyond the ones that had at the premiere, so frankly there canā€™t be much articles written right now. This was a way to create an article to get themselves out there again in front of eyeballs. And itā€™s data that they track for sales forecasting and internal decision-making anyway, so might as well use ā€œfreeā€ data you already have lying around.
Sponsored