• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
All indications are only crew cab, short bed and no Tremor for 2024.
That’s a little too subjective to bank on for me. If we look at trim and model roll outs and announcements globally, they’re increasing ordering options in due time.

Personally I expect we’ll have more choices announced in late 2023 that will be scheduled and built in 2024 and beyond. The bigger engine option is already on the horizon and given the sluggish sales of the current Non-Raptor version it should be obvious to Ford few buyers are impressed with the singular configuration offered now.

The timing of new offerings will have to thread the needle between stimulating consumer interest and completely killing further sales of current model. The Silver lining for Ford is the slow uptake should allow them to really master and fine tune production processes before a huge ramp up happens and quality could be expected to dramatically improve as a result.
Sponsored

Deleted member 6764

That’s a little too subjective to bank on for me. If we look at trim and model roll outs and announcements globally, they’re increasing ordering options in due time.

Personally I expect we’ll have more choices announced in late 2023 that will be scheduled and built in 2024 and beyond. The bigger engine option is already on the horizon and given the sluggish sales of the current Non-Raptor version it should be obvious to Ford few buyers are impressed with the singular configuration offered now.

The timing of new offerings will have to thread the needle between stimulating consumer interest and completely killing further sales of current model. The Silver lining for Ford is the slow uptake should allow them to really master and fine tune production processes before a huge ramp up happens and quality could be expected to dramatically improve as a result.
I only say it because dealers have been told by Ford that the Tremor, Splash, and many other packages are no longer offered, while they have been saying the 2.7L ecoV6 will be an option later this year.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
I only say it because dealers have been told by Ford that the Tremor, Splash, and many other packages are no longer offered, while they have been saying the 2.7L ecoV6 will be an option later this year.
I get that, wasn't being critical. I have a little more information at my disposal, which combined with the ROW versions roadmap informs my opinion/perspective. I actually have a copy of Ford release dated 5/18/23 titled "Major Product Changes" that does list deletions of Tremor, BAP, Splash, FX2, STX Special edition, XL Chrome, and bed utility packages. Anyways, this was a snapshot in time document pertaining to the initial configuration model release. Many of these "deletions" such as STX had many of the features incorporated into the lineup in revamped standard features. Example is the old STX appearance package is now standard on XL. You can actually build a FX-2 by simply adding locking diff to 2WD model. Cruise control now standard even on basic XL, etc. I Also have a good relationship with my dealer and was told more configurations/trims/options makes sense timed with Job2 based on past history.

Again, I find the ROW roadmap for basic trim levels, especially indicative of what will happen in NA- with exception of a couple things like diesel engine offered.

Time will tell, but good things come to those who wait is my mantra here :)

jedadiah

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger XLT 4x2
Just curious if anyone has a link to the source of this thread. I know it's from Ford, but couldn't find any Ford press releases with the information. Didn't know if it was an email or ?... Google searches brought up a few clickbait Automotive news sites with the same information, but nothing official.

richman555

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Just curious if anyone has a link to the source of this thread. I know it's from Ford, but couldn't find any Ford press releases with the information. Didn't know if it was an email or ?... Google searches brought up a few clickbait Automotive news sites with the same information, but nothing official.
Perhaps @Ugga Mugga can tell us where he received this information. Some of the graphics look like those from Ford.

Sponsored

mykrrrr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor - UN white
Occupation
Analyst
I can understand people wanting the optional bead-lock capable wheels and the graphics on the RRaptor, but with quite a few of the other vehicles having constraints on some wheel options I'd be a bit nervous about a potential delay because it becoming a constraint.
I rarely keep factory wheels and go to lighter weight Aftermarket wheels, so the optional wheels would be a pure waste of money for me.

I can understand Black being popular, but I can't bring myself to own another Black vehicle and the root-beer green launch color isn't that good looking to me.
Yeah, optional wheel demand sometimes gets under forecasted as well as graphics packages.

I'm glad I don't need/want either of those options, hoping it gets my truck built on time.

Mikknj

First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger XLT Cactus Grey
The most surprising stat to me was that there are 30% of the truck orders out there not including a tow hitch.
No hitch - I live in the City, nothing to haul, and been driving trucks my entire 40 year driving history and NEVER towed anything in 40 years. So? Why pay for one? Now I do own a home and load up the bed frequently - weekly so I do need a truck.

Mikknj

First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I'm not thinking the same way. To my thinking , Ford, first, charges too much for the trucks when interest rates are sitting at maybe 6% for an auto loan - price is close to $1K per month payment. Therefore, I think ALL truck lines are suffering sales. Second. Ford has not advertised. Once a few are produced and on the road I bet the floodgates will open. There is a LOT of excitement for the Toyota Tacoma, but that launch may fail and or the waits will be out of line with peoples willingness to wait, and Ford will pick up a lot of those buyers. The problem is - It's a bad time to sell anything now with loan rates so high... AND so many new models, people are waiting to see. Even Ford is waiting to see.. If they had 50K orders they would be starting up the production lines but they won't begin till they have a large enough run to make it worth their time and money.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
I'm not thinking the same way. To my thinking , Ford, first, charges too much for the trucks when interest rates are sitting at maybe 6% for an auto loan - price is close to $1K per month payment. Therefore, I think ALL truck lines are suffering sales. Second. Ford has not advertised. Once a few are produced and on the road I bet the floodgates will open. There is a LOT of excitement for the Toyota Tacoma, but that launch may fail and or the waits will be out of line with peoples willingness to wait, and Ford will pick up a lot of those buyers. The problem is - It's a bad time to sell anything now with loan rates so high... AND so many new models, people are waiting to see. Even Ford is waiting to see.. If they had 50K orders they would be starting up the production lines but they won't begin till they have a large enough run to make it worth their time and money.
I wouldn’t be so sure of a Tacoma rollout fail. My opinion is Toyota is about to knock it out of the park. Clearly with 3 cab/bed configurations, 7 trims (including an overland specific model) and 3 engines (including a hybrid). Toyota will be the only brand to offer midsize buyers the variety we all want.

I’ve driven nothing but Ford trucks the last 30 years (‘94 Ranger XLT SuperCab and ‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew) and I was hoping for a ‘24 Ranger SuperCrew longbed w/ Tremor package. Ford’s NA Ranger rollout is a pathetic joke with only one cab/bed configuration, currently one engine option and 4 trims (including the RR). Looks like I’ll be driving either a longbed Tacoma Trailhunter or TRD Off-road hybrid next year instead.

Mikknj

First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wouldn’t be so sure of a Tacoma rollout fail. My opinion is Toyota is about to knock it out of the park. Clearly with 3 cab/bed configurations, 7 trims (including an overland specific model) and 3 engines (including a hybrid). Toyota will be the only brand to offer midsize buyers the variety we all want.

I’ve driven nothing but Ford trucks the last 30 years (‘94 Ranger XLT SuperCab and ‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew) and I was hoping for a ‘24 Ranger SuperCrew longbed w/ Tremor package. Ford’s NA Ranger rollout is a pathetic joke with only one cab/bed configuration, currently one engine option and 4 trims (including the RR). Looks like I’ll be driving either a longbed Tacoma Trailhunter or TRD Off-road hybrid next year instead.
Unfortunately it will be very hard to get one... sems like trucks are perpetually in short supply.

Sponsored

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Unfortunately it will be very hard to get one... sems like trucks are perpetually in short supply.
The Tacoma is manufactured in two plants (one in TX and another in Mexico). Ranger one and the MAP plant runs the Bronco down the same line. Advantage Toyota.

GypsyDaenger

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-150
Occupation
Electrician
The Tacoma is manufactured in two plants (one in TX and another in Mexico). Ranger one and the MAP plant runs the Bronco down the same line. Advantage Toyota.
Starting this December Tacoma's are only assembled at the Guanajuato, Mexico plant. They hope to be pushing out just under 140k trucks out a year for NA.

In 2022 ford produced 139,062 Broncos and 60,750 rangers. The line is more than capable of handling the Ranger demand.

TRD pros will be limited just like RR in their own way.

Mikknj

First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well there doesn't seem to be too much interest in the Ranger right now - one line is good enough. but I bet they would find capacity if the trucks would sell. Another thought. I think a lot of folks are looking at what's coming down the line and asking - PRICE, then ENGINE, - and in the engine category, people do not want the direct injection (without port injection) due to carbon build up. They want the 2.7 from Ford, and the systems from Toyota. I think that is the biggest hold back on the Ford. I'm not fearful of the carbon "issue" I will deal when if that happens. Happy to save a few bucks on the larger engine. I just want the darn thing to get built!

fordtrks4ever

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Retired
I want the 2.7 for torque, but if I have to wait till summer to order and late summer early fall for delivery,
I may as well wait till 2025 or go 2.3 for a few years then get the 2.7 in 2026 or 2027.

SSingh1975

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor, '24 BMW IX EV
Occupation
None of your business!
I'm paying off my tremor come Feb '25 and gonna hold on till they release the tremor trim in the 6th gen. If not, will probably go with the new Taco (off-road trim) with the hybrid engine.

OR I might just sit back and enjoy my truck for another 5 years with no truck payment (and hey, 21mpg with cheap gas!).
Sponsored