• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
The reason why those are integrated and the Ranger is not is because like the 5G this is still a global model. The keypad is really only a thing on North American products at least when it comes to trucks.
what keypad are you guys talking about?
Sponsored

Tagtexas

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
My local Ford dealer will order me a Raptor with a $7500 markup. No surprise but disappointed that Ford continues to dribble out their most popular products for higher profit. Another dealer I contacted is getting only one Raptor they plan to sell as retail. Planning to wait for all the dust to settle and hope the Tremor package is offered soon.

Cavemold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Why do you guys think they didnt show tremor in the reveal? Surely its coming? Do you guys think the xlt will be tremor priced?

Sponsored

JustPassingBy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A6
Occupation
Retired
Why do you guys think they didnt show tremor in the reveal? Surely its coming? Do you guys think the xlt will be tremor priced?
I think they just showed the trucks they plan to manufacture at this time, minimizing variations on the production line as they ramp. Hence no 6 foot bed SuperCab option or Tremor with different suspension at this time. Almost certainly they also want to push customers towards the Raptor to maximize margins.

What was disappointing to me about the launch was no roadmap for later versions. Some might argue that this would undermine short term sales for Ford but they are likely to have far greater demand than supply this year given the ongoing constraints in production due to Bronco on the same line, so I don't see this as a valid reason not to have disclosed more. It also doesn't seem like it would be hiding much from Toyota prior to the latter's Taco launch.

I'd be surprised if a base 4x4 XLT comes in anywhere close to the 2023 Tremor list price. The Tremor comes in at $45k on the Ford website if you choose 2023 4x4 XLT SuperCrew and pre-select for Tremor and add no other options. I'm sure adding options to the 2024 XLT could get you to that price and more though.

One thing to note. The 2023 Tremor has a 9.7" ground clearance, the base 2024 4x4 Rangers have 10.4". For someone like me interested in overlanding that may be good enough, even with the lower ramp breakover angle on the standard 2024.

Edit: Some time between 5/10 launch and 5/13 the 2024 4x4 Rangers spec was changed from 10.4" to 9.3" in the Ford Media Tech Specifications PDF.

Last edited:

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger SCREW STX SE
Occupation
machinist
not flaming, giving personal opinion and preference. When I started driving manual transmissions ruled the day. Extremely long floor shifters with long throws and standard bench seats inspired the term "sitting bitch" for those stuck in the middle :wink: Advent of bucket seats with floor mounted shifter in between was an option that really worked as bench seats got phased out and 3 across front seating became less popular. Today's short unobtrusive shifters are a huge improvement from the old days.

My 2018 F-150 has column mounted stalk shifter and bench seating with foldable center console. In many ways this is the most versatile configuration.
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I wasn't implying YOU were flaming. I meant that I don't bash people for their preferences.

My local Ford dealer will order me a Raptor with a $7500 markup. No surprise but disappointed that Ford continues to dribble out their most popular products for higher profit. Another dealer I contacted is getting only one Raptor they plan to sell as retail. Planning to wait for all the dust to settle and hope the Tremor package is offered soon.
Just to be clear. That $7500 ADM goes to your dealership, not Ford. I for one would look to another dealer if he said something like that.
I agree with you, let the 'dust settle' to see what will be available, real-world options, and pricing, not what others are speculating.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I wasn't implying YOU were flaming. I meant that I don't bash people for their preferences.

Just to be clear. That $7500 ADM goes to your dealership, not Ford. I for one would look to another dealer if he said something like that.
I agree with you, let the 'dust settle' to see what will be available, real-world options, and pricing, not what others are speculating.
NP

JKinPA

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Occupation
Supply Chain
To guess would be pure speculation at this point. I am waiting to see prices and options. We’ll all Know soon. I expect the Tremor next year much like the Maverick release…next model year.

Cavemold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
To guess would be pure speculation at this point. I am waiting to see prices and options. We’ll all Know soon. I expect the Tremor next year much like the Maverick release…next model year.
yea.. im guessing its next year but who knows. I'm mainly curious waht the xlt will be thats the one im most interested in. I cant afford the raptor and lariat im not digging at all.
Sponsored