• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

administrator

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Ford Ranger Ford Ranger ORV Package Debuts at SEMA 2023 RANGER_ORV_3Q_FRONT copy

LAS VEGAS, Oct. 31, 2023 – Ford Performance Parts is showing custom concept packages at this year’s SEMA Show that will be available to customers starting in 2024. This first taste of what’s to come will show how owners can turn their Ford vehicle into a rolling showcase that reflects their personal taste, attitude, and love of their vehicle.

"Ford customers love to personalize the performance and appearance of their vehicles, especially Mustang, Bronco and Ranger," said Mark Wilson, Ford North America Vehicle Personalization manager. "The Ford Performance parts packages we're debuting combine the latest design trends with aftermarket accessories engineered to work with these vehicles out of the box."

Developed in response to customer feedback, these packages will be available via the Ford Performance Parts website or through a dealer accessory counter. Pricing for each package will be available nearer each package’s on-sale date, while either a Ford dealer or ASE-certified shop can perform the installation.

The packages fall into four categories: Off-road capability, street performance, aesthetic parts, and unique vehicle graphics.

Ford Performance ORV Packages for Ranger and Bronco

The Ford Performance Off-Road vehicle (ORV) family targets turn-key solutions to transform Ford trucks and SUVs into even more highly capable off-roading vehicles.

The Ranger Ford Performance Off-Road concept package* targets the overlanding space. Available on 2024 Ranger XLT and Lariat models with four-wheel-drive equipped, this package elevates the truck’s capability with an ARB overland suspension kit. ARB also provides new front and rear bumpers with additional recovery points, while an onboard air compressor, SOLIS lights, and a 47-quart refrigerator/freezer are also available.

Ford Ranger Ford Ranger ORV Package Debuts at SEMA 2023 RANGER_ORV_3Q_FRONT

Ford Ranger Ford Ranger ORV Package Debuts at SEMA 2023 RANGER_ORV_3Q_REAR

Ford Ranger Ford Ranger ORV Package Debuts at SEMA 2023 RANGER_ORV_BED_DETAIL

DukeCanBuildit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Scab - Shadow Black
I was reading this article online and came here to 6g to see if the story had been posted yet. The ARB bumper and lighting are a big improvement to the front end. There are suspension upgrades as well. Overall, yeah, I’m digging it.

Hmmm, is this why we don’t have a Tremor right out of the gate?

Last edited:

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
I was reading this article online and came here to 6g to see if the story had been posted yet. The ARB bumper and lighting are a big improvement to the front end. There are suspension upgrades as well. Overall, yeah, I’m digging it.

Hmmm, is this why we don’t have a Tremor right out if the gate?
I mean for all intents and purposes this is a Tremor package you can add after that fact with some camping goodies thrown in. Unless you just really really like the Tremor unique grills.

Sponsored

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
I'm all about that on-board compressor. That's what I've been waiting for to come to the US. I also think that bumper/lights combo would look good on the RRaptor.

LoneStarCaviar

First Name
Bear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby Baja700 Raptor, 2018 Shelby Raptor
Occupation
Self Employed

Hmmm, is this why we don’t have a Tremor right out if the gate?
I like the front bumper, it’s way better than the all plastic factory option, but I wonder if they are cutting up the factory plastic bumper to fit the ARB option like I’ve seen people cut the new Toyotas all up to fit a metal bumper? That’s really the thing that pushed me to the Raptor Ranger, as well as its performance and price, the RR actually costs about the same as a loaded 2 door wrangler rubicon. I wonder how close the ORV will get in price to the RR? If it’s too close without the Raptor suspension or 3.0, I couldn’t see anyone go for it over the RR, but people are weird lol.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
I like the front bumper, it’s way better than the all plastic factory option, but I wonder if they are cutting up the factory plastic bumper to fit the ARB option like I’ve seen people cut the new Toyotas all up to fit a metal bumper? That’s really the thing that pushed me to the Raptor Ranger, as well as its performance and price, the RR actually costs about the same as a loaded 2 door wrangler rubicon. I wonder how close the ORV will get in price to the RR? If it’s too close without the Raptor suspension or 3.0, I couldn’t see anyone go for it over the RR, but people are weird lol.
This could arguably be more suitable for trail riding (assuming you ordered the locker) given the smaller width for tight trails. But don’t forget also all the trail goodies and possibly a better towing rating over the raptor.

LoneStarCaviar

First Name
Bear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby Baja700 Raptor, 2018 Shelby Raptor
Occupation
Self Employed
This could arguably be more suitable for trail riding (assuming you ordered the locker) given the smaller width for tight trails. But don’t forget also all the trail goodies and possibly a better towing rating over the raptor.
I chose the RR because I wanted to build an overland rig, and my 2018 Raptor was too big to do that, so maybe the RR is too big as well, I guess I’ll find out. You may be right about the tow rating, but maybe not after adding the accessory weights paired with the weaker engine. The post says most of the options are add ons, so I assume the ORV would come with the bumpers and suspension, and then add a few thousand for the fridge, jack, lights, compressor, etc. It probably won’t be as big of a joke as the ZR2 Desert Boss edition for 10k more.

DukeCanBuildit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Scab - Shadow Black
Well, I’ve seen guys turn their regular 5Gs into a ”Tremor” for way more than what a Tremor would cost, so you’re not wrong about people. Given the limited RR dealer allotment, I suspect many folks will prove your point even further. 😀

Sponsored

jedadiah

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger XLT 4x2
Looks like ARB makes all kind of stuff that will work. I couldn't find any fitting instructions on their site to answer the question of what happens to the stock bumper when the ARB one is installed.

tbalt14

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electronic technician
It doesn't sound like this is a model to purchase but parts that can be purchased to make your standard Ranger look like the above pic. Is that assumption correct or are they making another model? Reason I didn't want the Raptor was due to the low tow rating and high potential of low fuel mileage with the 4.27 gear ratio.

Rangeover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
The problem is that a loaded lariat is 50k. For an extra 5K you get the 3.0 400HP (which is a cons in my case I am not looking for power but instead best MPG for greater range when overlanding, but this is a pro to most people) and the equivalent of a $10K after market suspension system.

Therefore it’s a bad deal. But most dealers mark up the Raptor. And so this could make sense for someone like me who is not interested in getting the 400hp engine. If only the Ranger had an hybrid variant.

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
The problem is that a loaded lariat is 50k. For an extra 5K you get the 3.0 400HP (which is a cons in my case I am not looking for power but instead best MPG for greater range when overlanding, but this is a pro to most people) and the equivalent of a $10K after market suspension system.

Therefore it’s a bad deal. But most dealers mark up the Raptor. And so this could make sense for someone like me who is not interested in getting the 400hp engine. If only the Ranger had an hybrid variant.

Might only be $5k for US market but up here in Canada it's around $30k more than a Lariat and where I am from a Raptor will be a pavement queen as the way it is designed we have no trails around here. That's why I got the Lariat with FX4 package-get me into hunting camp and so forth.
Sponsored