• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Tr1tium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 4runner trd pro
Installed passenger side Ford storage bin. Quality seems OK but they are overpriced. I think it’ll be useful though.
Ford Ranger Ford storage bins (pivot storage box) installed in bed IMG_6464
Ford Ranger Ford storage bins (pivot storage box) installed in bed IMG_6465

markal49

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger XLT w/ FX4
Occupation
Planner
Seems handy, but I agree it's a bit overpriced. I see some other brands online, so assume they'd eventually come out with one fit for the new Rangers.

Bonder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Lariat FX4
I had them on my 2021 Ranger. I took them off and it looks like they will fit my new 24. I just need it to stop raining long enough to test it. Great for holding towing equipment and straps.

On a side note, do you find it blocks the bed lights? That is my fear.

OP
OP
Tr1tium

Tr1tium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 4runner trd pro
It’s slightly blocks the bed lights, but it’s not bad

Bonder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Lariat FX4
Great, that is good to know. I also see you have the spray in bed liner, did you have to retap the factory holes? Or were you able to thread the bolts in with the liner in the holes?

Sponsored

JimJa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Rngsr, '24 RR, '22 Escape Hybrid, '18 RS Focus
I have a side Ford box from my '19 I'd like to swap to the new RR. Am concerned about the bed wall bracket. Will they interchange and the mounting holes align?

Bonder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Lariat FX4
I have a side Ford box from my '19 I'd like to swap to the new RR. Am concerned about the bed wall bracket. Will they interchange and the mounting holes align?
I went and checked my brackets tonight. Looks like the one for the bed that uses the tie down bolts lines up prefect. The rear bracket that the case swings on doesn't line up. The older Gen has 3 holes, looking at the photos posted there are only two and three bracket is shorter. I'll have to do some dry fits but I'll likely just drill new holes in the bracket.

OP
OP
Tr1tium

Tr1tium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 4runner trd pro
Great, that is good to know. I also see you have the spray in bed liner, did you have to retap the factory holes? Or were you able to thread the bolts in with the liner in the holes?
Yes, it was a pain. I used the bolt and slowly tightened and loosened it to get the bedliner out.

Bash1990

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Software Developer
I've been considering them, but the cost did give me pause. Luckily buying the truck gave me almost enough good boy points to redeem for one.

kaycott88

First Name
Karah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor, 2020 F-150
Would you mind posting a night photo with the bed lights on? Curious to see how much of the light is blocked with the pivot box.

Sponsored
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Retired
Installed mine yesterday. Also have spray in bedliner. No problems with factory holes, they must have inserted bolts or plugs of some kind.

However, be sure to use a hammer to insert torx driver through bedliner on factory screws. Mine were very difficult to remove. Not sure what kind of thread lock they use…

Ruined one bolt head and broke an easy out. Finally had to use channel locks to slowly back it out..
Replaced all 4 factory bolts with black Allen headed M8x1.25 bolts from hardware store. Ugh!

James D

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger XLT FX4, 2022 Jeep Compass
Occupation
Retired
Installed passenger side Ford storage bin. Quality seems OK but they are overpriced. I think it’ll be useful though.
IMG_6464.jpeg
IMG_6465.jpeg
Does the inside have dividers or trays?

RR_Monsta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (ordered)
Looks nice - thanks for posting! Curious, with a tonneau cover on, do you think you'd still be able to fully open the lid and access the inside of the box?

Bonder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Lariat FX4
Does the inside have dividers or trays?
No dividers, but they have a small tray that goes at the shallowest point, over the wheel well.

Looks nice - thanks for posting! Curious, with a tonneau cover on, do you think you'd still be able to fully open the lid and access the inside of the box?

With the tonneau cover closed, you cannot fully open the lid when its in the stowed position, I have to swing mine out to the tailgate to open the lid.

RR_Monsta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (ordered)
Great thanks. Yes I was expecting to need to swing the box out from the stowed position to open, but wasn’t sure if the lid extends beyond the top of the bed when opening the box (I.e. I’d have to open the tonneau a little to get to the contents)
Sponsored