• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

FYI: How to Check Your Tire Pressure

2020 FRL

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Nitrogen VS Air

A friend of mine told me to start using Nitrogen in my Harley's tires because the smaller volume tires would benefit from the more stable pressures.

I used to have to air up the Harley's tires every week or so. With nitrogen, I've gotten to where I only check them when I'm going out of town. Been doing this on my Harley's for over 10 years, never had to adjust the pressure.

About 6 years ago, I started doing this in cars and trucks. It's always my first stop after purchasing a new to me truck/car (I don't buy new, let others eat the depreciation). Big O charges me $5 a tire to bleed/fill/bleed/fill (Just did this last week when I bought the Ranger). It's a one time charge. Subsequent adjustment is free, including when I put new feets on the vehicle, even if I buy the tires elsewhere. The pressure stays stable throughout the oil life. The tires get pressure checked and rotated with the oil change.

So, is it snake oil/hoax/yada yada??? Maybe, but, it seems to make my life easier (less air checks) and works for me.
Sponsored