• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Getrang Manual Transmission and other Ford Issues

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist

JKinPA

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Occupation
Supply Chain
Goes in cycles, unless it’s Toyota, they have issues and it’s crickets. Almost like they get preferential treatment…and they have their share of issues. Between me and my son’s we have an F-150, Maverick, Explorer, and Edge’s from 2016 to 2022 and have had zero problem.s. My sons also have Jeeps…married into the family, lol. They have had plenty of issues. There are plenty if bias writers, that’s just how it is. I openly admit that I don’t like Toyota so I wouldn’t own one however I won’t ridicule anyone that has a Toyota. They’re paying for it so it’s their choice.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Scooter

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
--Machinist
Crap I saw another brand new Toyota Tundra in my area. I am wavering as a Ford Guy. It just seems to me the other automakers have their shit together. Yes, i understand the supply chain issues and commodity prices etc.
Ford's having issues with their new vehicles releases along with paying a lot out for warranty's.
Ok, your timeline is you get rid of 3000 workers and you are all in on electric. Know, since the Mustang E and the F150 Lighting have done so well you are in the + on I guess carbon credits. You have more leeway then Dodge with the new
ICE motor Chargers being discontinued. Dodge is late to the E game then Ford.

Just my thoughts. I do like the resent acquisition form a diverse talent pool by Ford.

Ford

I beg you at the US, MI Wayne factory to get the Bronco in order and get on with producing the 6G Ranger . I am giving my thumbs up to the People on the floor Manufacturing the vehicles. May Ford treat you right. As long as Quality is Job One. You Go ! Ford Wayne Factory.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
Not hat the Mustang box is exactly the same, but the Ranger's Getrag MT-82 manual is rubbish. My uncle's has been replaced three times in about six years. It's also pretty ordinary to use. Stick with the auto, it's better.

MrKnowitall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR
If we get a manual trans in the US at all, I expect it will be the 7spd used in the Bronco. While it was initially derived from the Mustang 6spd, it is significantly different internally. Co-worker with one likes it so far.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Scooter

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
--Machinist
I have to dig for the info on other manufacturers. Many of them have vehicles sitting in lots waiting for parts.
Where goofy shit like Ford having problems getting their Blue Oval Badges. Ford get's a lot of bad press. I think Toyota is more willing to stock pile parts where other manufactures see it as a cost they do not want. Then you get just behind manufacturing. Hopefully by the time Ford manufactures the Ranger in NA the supply chain issues will normalize.

MrKnowitall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR
I have to dig for the info on other manufacturers. Many of them have vehicles sitting in lots waiting for parts.
Where goofy shit like Ford having problems getting their Blue Oval Badges. Ford get's a lot of bad press. I think Toyota is more willing to stock pile parts where other manufactures see it as a cost they do not want. Then you get just behind manufacturing. Hopefully by the time Ford manufactures the Ranger in NA the supply chain issues will normalize.
Wildcard- Ford gets parts to finish (tens of) thousands of stockpiled Rangers and delays roll-out of the new truck even longer.

OP
OP
Scooter

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
--Machinist
Wildcard- Ford gets parts to finish (tens of) thousands of stockpiled Rangers and delays roll-out of the new truck even longer.
Are you in NA or the ROW. I figure the Ranger for NA will be up and running hopefully smoothly by 2025.
Hard to know Ford's direction. I hope they make the PHEV Ranger. The 2.3L and the 10 speed automatic transmission are top notch. I do like to dream that the 2.3L's Block came from the Ford Pinto. Then Mazda and Ford built on that platform and did a 32V head. As for the 7speed Manual Getrang we will have to see if its offered off the Bronco platform. Not even the 2.7 l from the Bronco has been decide on to offer it in the Ranger.

These are Hard Times. All the Best to Everyone on Mother Earth.

MrKnowitall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR
Are you in NA or the ROW. I figure the Ranger for NA will be up and running hopefully smoothly by 2025.
Hard to know Ford's direction. I hope they make the PHEV Ranger. The 2.3L and the 10 speed automatic transmission are top notch. I do like to dream that the 2.3L's Block came from the Ford Pinto. Then Mazda and Ford built on that platform and did a 32V head. As for the 7speed Manual Getrang we will have to see if its offered off the Bronco platform. Not even the 2.7 l from the Bronco has been decide on to offer it in the Ranger.

These are Hard Times. All the Best to Everyone on Mother Earth.
I'm in SE MI. I regularly drive by the storage lots full of unfinished Rangers. Hard to tell just how many there are. I agree that the 2.3/10speed are an excellent combo- though the '23 Colorado will get a big leg up on torque.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
AThe 2.3L and the 10 speed automatic transmission are top notch. I do like to dream that the 2.3L's Block came from the Ford Pinto. Then Mazda and Ford built on that platform and did a 32V head.
The updated 10 speed in the new Ranger is even better!

And unfortunately, there's no pinto in the Ecoboost. It's all Mazda L engine.

OP
OP
Scooter

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
--Machinist
The Getrang is a standard transmission. The 7 speed Manual Getrang seems to be ok in the Bronco. The 6 speed in the Mustang is having issues. 10 speed automatic is one of the best.

I can only wonder if some architecture of the Pinto block is in the Mazda/Ford designed 2.3L . Just the cast iron block.

Duratec 23 / Mazda L motor.
As fuel efficiency and emissions controls became a top priority in the 1970s, Ford came up with their 2.3L powerplant. The first design of this engine featured a 96.04-mm bore and a 79.4-mm stroke.

After its development, it landed in the 1974 Pinto. From there, they set their sights on putting this engine into all their vehicles, even producing a turbocharged version for the Mustang Cobra. They continued rolling out new configurations through 1997 when it was replaced by the 2.5L.

But that’s not the end of the 2.3L’s story because Ford brought it back in a big way for their EcoBoost lineup. The 2.3L EcoBoost arrived in the lineup in 2015 to power the more environmentally friendly Mustang and Lincoln MKC iterations.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc