• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Got it.. stock order… not!

jdavila

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
I'm still a bit confused about the stock/retail order shenanigans...

My dealer has retail order in my build sheet, but I've heard that it must be a stock order in order to get built.

Wondering if I should email my dealer to change the order type to stock.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX

My dealer has retail order in my build sheet, but I've heard that it must be a stock order in order to get built.

That's your call, but I can tell you I personally saw a dealer bulletin on May 25th that told dealers for the Raptor to be built it had to be entered as a stock order.

This is all I can tell you. I don't know if it only applied to certain markets or the ordering system is screwed up, or Ford reneged on the bulletin. But.. I definitely saw the bulletin.

It was a proprietary bulletin and I'm not the dealer so I can't post it, but I was shown it to explain why mine was being entered as stock and it definitely came from Ford.

Crapblaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Powerboost King Ranch, 2024 HPR Ranger Raptor
I put my order in today for a shelter green Raptor. The order guy said it has to go in as a stock order. The weird thing was he could only select color. Said he wasn't able to add options. This was fine with me since I didn't really nedd any of them. It's pretty nice the way it comes.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This was ordered for me.. not stock.. not sure where that came from

IMG_3693.jpeg
Won't be pulled anytime soon as the only orders being pulled until q4 or maybe later are their one stock order.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tony Sorrento

Tony Sorrento

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Occupation
Auto Sales
BTW, order was put in this morning and I got the Ford email shortly after

No! Retail is what mine is .. Stock is for the dealer
Won't be pulled anytime soon as the only orders being pulled until q4 or maybe later are their one stock order.
That is not true .. the first Raptor allocation is mine and the First Raptor here will be my order

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BTW, order was put in this morning and I got the Ford email shortly after
No! Retail is what mine is .. Stock is for the dealer

That is not true .. the first Raptor allocation is mine and the First Raptor here will be my order
Not correct at all. If your order was not put in as a stock order, it will not be pulled and built. Every ford dealer is getting one stock order before they get allocation for retail units later in q4.

But.. think whatever you want

OP
OP
Tony Sorrento

Tony Sorrento

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Occupation
Auto Sales
Not correct at all. If your order was not put in as a stock order, it will not be pulled and built. Every ford dealer is getting one stock order before they get allocation for retail units later in q4.

But.. think whatever you want
I need to educate you a little bit. When our FIRST allocation of one comes through to my dealer inventory manager, he’s going to say great! Here is the order number. It will be my order number. Hence, my retail order. But you think what you want…

OP
OP
Tony Sorrento

Tony Sorrento

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Occupation
Auto Sales
Keep in mind I WORK at the dealership and also side by side with the inventory manager ... your post had me questioning him and he told me not to worry .. the first Raptor will be my retail order ...

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
Time going to see who is right. I am equally confused and not sure who to believe anymore.

Sponsored

G L Rockwell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 tacoma off road
Occupation
self
Keep in mind I WORK at the dealership and also side by side with the inventory manager ... your post had me questioning him and he told me not to worry .. the first Raptor will be my retail order ...
Assuming you are correct then my salesperson would be correct saying I get their only allocation despite being a retail 10. ( muh head hurts )

Wags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor (Soon)
I have my order in priorty code 19 and no email. I was also number 4 on the list I was told, not sure if thats why I didn't get an email or if they typed my email wrong. I will check Tuesday. My dealer sold about 7 Raptors last year and 1 Raptor R I think.

I was also told by my dealer that they think Ford is going to try and build more than the F150 Raptors. Guess time well tell.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And my family owned a Ford dealership for 97 years in which I worked for years and handled our new vehicle ordering. And I'm great friends with the new owners. I saw the dealer bulletin they received. They showed me so I'd know why my order was being handled as it was.

So be all cocky all you want, but im not spewing bs I'm sharing what was seen in a dealer bulletin about Raptor Ranger ordering.

I wish you luck and I sincerely hope you get your truck.

Last edited:

RapVillin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Occupation
business owner
Anyone know retail order wait times? Got one ordered today. They said it was the first one ordered. But no email
Sponsored