Sponsored

I had higher expectations for the TripleALiners bed/tailgate mats.

Wallowa Ranger

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2026
Threads
5
Messages
65
Reaction score
99
Location
Eastern Oregon, USA
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4 w/ Adv. Tow & Tech Pkg.
I had been going back and fourth between getting a drop in liner or spray in liner since I got my Ranger about 4 months ago. After reading some of the chatter on this forum, I went a different direction and decided to do a bed mat instead. Initially I was looking at the Michelin one from @TreadAuto but when I went to pull the trigger I was given a 2-week lead time on the tailgate mat, I decided to look at other brands. I saw that the liners from @TripleAliners were well reviewed so I decided to go that way instead. I ordered both on Amazon and promptly received them within 3 days of ordering.

It came in two separate the boxes. The bed mat was, obviously, the larger of the two. The box was probably 3ft x 2ft in size. The tailgate mat came in a box that was probably 2.5ft x 1.5 ft. It appeared that the bed mat was twice folded at the factory and placed into a bag, which the Amazon people then put into a box. This left a pretty pretty noticeable divot right down the middle. The instructions did say to leave it in the sun for a few hours to get these impressions to disappear.


Ford Ranger I had higher expectations for the TripleALiners bed/tailgate mats. TAL 1


The impressions on the tailgate mat disappeared much faster. It only took about 3 hours of sitting in direct sunlight at about 75 degrees for the impressions to disappear. The bed mat took a little longer, roughly 5-6 hours of sitting in the sun for the large divot down the middle to mostly go away. When laid flat and viewed horizontally, there is still a small indication that there was an imperfection there at some point. However, the TPE material seems pliable and I'm sure if it was hotter it would've fully flattened out. I have a feeling that the small impression will still fully disappear with time as it sits outside exposed to ambient temperatures.

Installing the bed mat was easy. After a few hours of letting in bake in the sun, I carried it over to the driveway and tossed it into the bed of my Ranger. I needed to push down gently on some corners to get it to sit but it pretty much fell right into place. Installing the tailgate mat required removing some screws. This is where I began to face problems. I noticed that about 5 screw holes on the driver side of the mat were not properly aligned with the factory screw holes on the tailgate.


Ford Ranger I had higher expectations for the TripleALiners bed/tailgate mats. TAL 2
Ford Ranger I had higher expectations for the TripleALiners bed/tailgate mats. TAL 5


This is the same screw hole viewed from two different angles. When viewed straight on, you can see that the hole in the tailgate mat almost entirely covers the screw hole. The instructions cover this by saying some screw holes may not be perfectly aligned and new pilot holes can be made with a knife. This wasn't even the worst one. The further to the edge of the tailgate you got, the more out of line the pilot holes were. The final screw was the worst (3rd picture). I estimate the pilot hole was off by somewhere between 3/16ths and 1/4 inch. I poked an entirely new pilot hole with my pocket knife and drilled the screw through that. I am a little disappointed because I imagined that, in the year 2026, getting pilot holes to be aligned with the factory tailgate screw holes wouldn't be a tall task. As stated above, 5 holes all on the same side of the mat were misaligned. I had to punch new pilot holes on my own for these 5.

Below is the finished product. I wouldn't say I love it, but it does the job. I'd be curious to know how the Michelin brand mat compares in terms of quality and fitment. I'd give the TripleALiners mats 3.5 out of 5 stars, mostly because of the misaligned pilot holes and the stubborn divot in the middle from where it got folded. The divot will fix itself as it sits in the sun over the next few days (at least I hope), but the pilot holes were a real annoyance. I had higher expectations when paying a combined $170 for everything. I'm very interested to see how it holds up on my next Home Depot run and I have stuff tossed into the bed.

Ford Ranger I had higher expectations for the TripleALiners bed/tailgate mats. TAL 6
Sponsored

 

kair350

Active Member
First Name
Jay
Joined
Apr 24, 2026
Threads
4
Messages
36
Reaction score
50
Location
Maryland
Vehicle(s)
2026 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Retired Army
I bought larger black washers to hide the holes, cut top for ruler and closing on sliding tonneau
Ford Ranger I had higher expectations for the TripleALiners bed/tailgate mats. IMG_3831
 
Last edited:

Sauce

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2025
Threads
46
Messages
530
Reaction score
454
Location
Northeast
Vehicle(s)
2025 Ranger XLT FX4
I replaced mine with the bedrug impact mat and prefer the bedrug product. Only thing that I prefered on the TripleA was the lip around the edges, although as you'll probably find - you need to cut some holes so that it drains water.
 

Connman1

Active Member
First Name
Tim
Joined
Feb 5, 2026
Threads
6
Messages
37
Reaction score
40
Location
USA
Vehicle(s)
2026 Ranger Raptor
I did the Same Purchase.for my 26 RR....from Amazon, My Holes Matched Up almost perfect.. 1 or 2 where about a 1/16 off but no big deal, with the Tailgate Liner,and I just had to trim the Top for The Tail Gate Ruler ..
 

CACTUSGREYFX4

Well-Known Member
First Name
Pat
Joined
Jun 13, 2023
Threads
7
Messages
1,795
Reaction score
1,651
Location
ON, Canada
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
They suppose to send me one for free so I can test it, still waiting they said no stock in Canada. I am thinking I will never get it as I have checked online for Amazon Canada and it says they have stock. I would say I not really impressed with them.
 

Sponsored

jordantii

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jordan
Joined
Dec 12, 2025
Threads
24
Messages
544
Reaction score
514
Location
Tampa Bay
Website
www.straptacademy.com
Vehicle(s)
2025 RR
They sent me the bed mat and the tailgate mat to test. I like the bed mat a lot. Holds objects in place and fits very well. You do lose the 48" between the wheel arches but I rarely need that.

I ran into the same issues with the tailgate mat. It did not line up with the factory holes and also interferes with the weather seal on my tonneau cover.
 

daytoncarter

Well-Known Member
First Name
Dayton
Joined
Sep 26, 2025
Threads
10
Messages
433
Reaction score
628
Location
USA
Vehicle(s)
2021 Genesis G70 SP 3.3T, 2025 Ranger Lariat
I got a review sample but opted not to post a negative review after similar issues with fit and finish. Haven't heard anything more other than they said there were improving the fit.
 

FergyA

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2025
Threads
11
Messages
173
Reaction score
148
Location
LA County, CA
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Mech. Engineer
They have a new revision of the tailgate mat a few people on here have gotten that fits much better, but they keep sending me the old one... They say their warehouse has a ton of back stock and they can't control which goes out. From the look of it you have the old one (it's folded in thirds where the new one is rolled).
 
OP
OP
Wallowa Ranger

Wallowa Ranger

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2026
Threads
5
Messages
65
Reaction score
99
Location
Eastern Oregon, USA
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4 w/ Adv. Tow & Tech Pkg.
I replaced mine with the bedrug impact mat and prefer the bedrug product. Only thing that I prefered on the TripleA was the lip around the edges, although as you'll probably find - you need to cut some holes so that it drains water.
Thankfully I live in the high desert so we don't get a ton of rain here 😀


They have a new revision of the tailgate mat a few people on here have gotten that fits much better, but they keep sending me the old one... They say their warehouse has a ton of back stock and they can't control which goes out. From the look of it you have the old one (it's folded in thirds where the new one is rolled).
Yup, mine came folded in thirds as opposed to rolled. You would think they would discount the old style to just clear the inventory rather than having the customer play the lottery if they get the improved version or not. Seems a bit scummy in my opinion.
Sponsored

 
 







Top