• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

I waited this long… to get this!?!

OP
OP

FullSendJH

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2024 Ranger Raptor
Shocking.
Really this is a dealer issue in my eyes , they should not have called you until it was at least prepped and cleaned as they should not let you see your major purchase like that as its not good for anyone.
Most new cars look pretty average when they are delivered on a car transporter regardless of make and a good dealer would not present it to the customer like that.
I suspect most of the internal marks will come off with a good detail but I would demand a new tailgate and not one filled with bog and painted .
If that is rust pictured on the left top corner of the tub i would be demanding a new tub as well .
My dealer is actually fantastic. We have bought many cars from them and know them very well. Not their fault that it happened, but it still sucks. I messaged the sales guy before he even knew it was in because I saw the tracker. He said they weren’t going to wash it before the body shop, and I said I didn’t care I wanted to see it. I wanted to look around for more stuff (like the body panels) because if they were going to send it anyways, it could just be done and I wouldn’t have to wait for even longer. I guess we will wait and see.
Sponsored

fordtrks4ever

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Retired
This looks promising mine is still in parking lot purgatory
Blend date 2/01
111 days in production.

nikhsub1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
I'd not accept that truck. There are plenty on the ground that you can snag at MSRP at this point if you know here to look.

OP
OP

FullSendJH

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2024 Ranger Raptor
Did you actually accept delivery of this?
Negative.
Are they gonna just replace the tailgate for you?
The body shop confirmed they ordered a new tailgate. The question is, how long is THAT gonna take? Do parts for these even exist yet? What about the color?

Sponsored

BriSco

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 GMC Sierra, '24 Ranger 2.7L On order.
Occupation
Retired
From the looks, that was a hard 18 miles. I'll bet they ran the shit out of it...

wolf32v

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair, Ford Maverick.
Occupation
Railroader
Negative.

The body shop confirmed they ordered a new tailgate. The question is, how long is THAT gonna take? Do parts for these even exist yet? What about the color?
You need to see if a dent doctor can fix it. You will not believe what they can do, had a deer run into the side of my Lincoln and sent it to a dent doctor. I did not want to paint it because the body shops hardly ever get it wright. My Lincoln had a bigger dent then what happen to your Raptor. He fixed and you could not even tell it was got hit by a deer. As long as the paint is not cracked a good dent doctor can fix that I bet.

Wisam

First Name
Wisam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak 2024 2.3 ecoboost 4x4
Occupation
Video games seller ebay
Photos of some of the worst:

IMG_4461.jpeg

IMG_4444.jpeg

IMG_4449.jpeg

IMG_4453.jpeg

IMG_4446.jpeg

IMG_4448.jpeg

IMG_4447.jpeg

IMG_4458.jpeg

IMG_4452.jpeg
Don’t worry. Mine is a wildtrak 2024 from silverton plant South Africa. Doors panel trim has some minimal paint residue ( barely visible ) and small dent on tailgate edge :/

MJB4450

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger / Jeep Grand Cherokee
I can't believe anyone would even consider accepting a truck with all those issues even if it was "fixed". Especially one that costs so much. Have people's expectations dropped so far down into Third World territory these days? And BTW, a good PDR guy could get that dent out in 30 minutes assuming no paint damage. As with any business, there are good ones, bad ones, lazy ones and competent ones. Research is key.

Hawkpilot10

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting Ranger Raptor 2024, Bronco & Ranger
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Pilot
I lear Ed the hard way with my 1999 Cobra Mustang. The brought it out wet after washing it and I accepted it. Later it turned out to have orange peal from hell! I was told it was an acceptable flaw. I was stuck with it. I know it’s hard but if it’s not correct turn it down. Stand in line again. Sorry.
Ford you are really stressing me out. I have not even got a build date for my RR but if I wanted a shit EV they would reduce the price and kiss my butt to buy it. What has Ford become? MAGA or sell to China.
This guy doesn’t deserve a RR in that shape!

Sponsored

Randy701

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Fit
Occupation
Retired
Sad to see you have to go through this! Makes me wonder how the Ranger I ordered over a year ago will be - if it ever shows up. As of June I'm with nothing to drive. The dealer has agreed to provide me transportation until my Ranger shows up.
I'd love to see the checklist some are using to inspect the truck on arrival.
Bed liner over spray shows me the quality control is weak at best.

UTRR

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Occupation
Self
Mine came in looking like it literally rotted sitting in Detroit. Stains on the glass like it’s been etched in I will not come off with glass cleaner gold/yellowish stains on the paint and the Berliner doesn’t cover the bulkhead and there is overspray too on the roof and sides of the truck.

Ford Ranger I waited this long… to get this!?! IMG_2399

Ford Ranger I waited this long… to get this!?! IMG_2396

Ford Ranger I waited this long… to get this!?! IMG_2389

Ford Ranger I waited this long… to get this!?! IMG_2390