• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

In Case anyone was wondering how many have been produced so far

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
  • Banned

Mikknj

First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger XLT Cactus Grey
The answer is 271 of (presumably) the 2024 ranger.

The good news is they are able to product 5700 in a months time, so its feasible they could get through orders relatively quickly when they actually get around to them

https://fordauthority.com/2023/12/2024-ford-ranger-production-remains-severely-constrained/
I believe this is one of the reasons they have not started up the production line. If they run through all orders they have to then shut it down again. So they will intersperse the Ranger with the Bronco... I assume, and push the build dates out for quite a while.

That said if they got a few of these out on the roads I think the purchases would pick up big time. People are all holding back for the Tacoma. Get some Fords out there first!

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe this is one of the reasons they have not started up the production line. If they run through all orders they have to then shut it down again. So they will intersperse the Ranger with the Bronco... I assume, and push the build dates out for quite a while.

That said if they got a few of these out on the roads I think the purchases would pick up big time. People are all holding back for the Tacoma. Get some Fords out there first!
I don't think they have to shut down the line, building both vehicles happens seamlessly on the same line. As in they might build a raptor, but the next car coming down the line could be a bronco and there's no changes that need to be made.

You can see that in this photo, the first car is a RR, the second is a bronco, the third looks to be another ranger, and then more broncos after that:

https://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/im...duction-line-at-michigan-assembly-plant_1.jpg

Mikknj

First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger XLT Cactus Grey
I don't think they have to shut down the line, building both vehicles happens seamlessly on the same line. As in they might build a raptor, but the next car coming down the line could be a bronco and there's no changes that need to be made.

You can see that in this photo, the first car is a RR, the second is a bronco, the third looks to be another ranger, and then more broncos after that:

https://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/im...duction-line-at-michigan-assembly-plant_1.jpg

Very cool!
But I think what I was saying is that they probably won't run through 5K rangers all at once - spread the orders out -to keep things going. ( intentionally spread builds out more than one would expect)

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
I can't see them building them all at once as they don't have a warehouse that big to store everything in. Most times they will build some before the next shipment of parts come in.

jdlapointe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Taurus, 1970 Fairlane 500
Occupation
Project Manager
My ranger XLT is still scheduled 12/18/23, and it was last "updated" last month after the strike. I have a feeling they will be shipping some in January.
Sponsored