• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

nswilliams

First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Lariat 4/19/24
Occupation
Senior Research Engineer
After installing the 4DTECH $100 auto start/stop eliminator kit on my 24 Lariat Ranger, it works! It just remembers the last status of button press. Say, you turn it off via auto start/stop button, it will remain off on next engine start. It is easy to install by removing passenger storage bin and add bypass kit on right side.

More info: https://www.4dtech.com/ranger-2024-start-stop-eliminator/

It is difficult to unplug from computer box due to hard to reach with small space. Took me 5 mins to unplug, then after that, it is easy to add.
Sponsored

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for posting! Just ordered mine. May need coaching on install, pictures were not super clear.

interesting location, glad I don’t have to pull console like other car models.

Saw another for Ranger that required running a power line from fuse box???

OP
OP
nswilliams

nswilliams

First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Senior Research Engineer
I saw the Australia version and it requires fuse connections which I am not interested because I already used it for dashcam. No fuse connections with 4dtech kit. Two products so far to choose from for our 24 rangers.

Johnny 5

First Name
John C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2024 Ranger Raptor (ordered)
Occupation
Mold maker
OP
OP
nswilliams

nswilliams

First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Senior Research Engineer
I saw that before. It doesn’t look like Ford Ranger compatible and I think there is error on Amazon compatibility list. Let me know if this works for you.

Sponsored
OP
OP
nswilliams

nswilliams

First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Senior Research Engineer
$100 to not have to push a button? That's a little steep for such a minor annoyance.
Actually the 4DTech kit remembers your button setting for future engine restarts. Without kits, your Ranger will always turn on Auto Stop/Start on next engine start which may already annoy some of you. Button still works with the kit.

lkn415

First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger
I run the kit from RA ranger (aus). Was about the same price, wish I saw this first.

cc1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford 2dr Bronco / 2021 RAM TRX
I saw the Australia version and it requires fuse connections which I am not interested because I already used it for dashcam. No fuse connections with 4dtech kit. Two products so far to choose from for our 24 rangers.
I have not installed the one I got from Australia yet.
Was still planning on it.

Even though I have gotten somewhat use to double tapping the R button on the steering wheel to get all the other features I want turned on.

This is the one I have.
Now that I look at the install instructions looks like I need to pull the whole console apart.
I was thinking it was the same as the eliminator that I have in my Bronco, which the one in my Bronco seems like it is more like the one you bought.

I think I will just order the same one you have, I am not pulling that whole console apart.
Popping out the glove box to plug that setup you have, should be a heck of lot easier.

Edit:
Order placed with 4D.
Thanks for the info.

Ford Ranger Disabled auto start / stop with eliminator kit (4DTECH) and it works 1715105236538-ay

Sponsored

Johnny 5

First Name
John C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mold maker
I saw that before. It doesn’t look like Ford Ranger compatible and I think there is error on Amazon compatibility list. Let me know if this works for you.

After thinking about it I decided not to try that because the "hood open" light would stay on and that would annoy me more than the ASS. My sales guy mentioned people that hook up those fancy center break lights seem to make it go away? That makes sense if the computer gets it's signal to initiate the ASS from the brake lights. I'm going to research this and I'll definitely post something if I figure it out.

Johnny 5

First Name
John C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mold maker
After installing the 4DTECH $100 auto start/stop eliminator kit on my 24 Lariat Ranger, it works! It just remembers the last status of button press. Say, you turn it off via auto start/stop button, it will remain off on next engine start. It is easy to install by removing passenger storage bin and add bypass kit on right side.

It is difficult to unplug from computer box due to hard to reach with small space. Took me 5 mins to unplug, then after that, it is easy to add.

Thanks for sharing! I've decided to go your route. Can you keep us informed of any future issues if you experience any? Thanks again !

AlpineBike

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
I don’t understand why this feature bothers people so much.
For “normal” daily driving ASS has never slowed me down or negatively affected me in any way.
If I’m driving in a “spirited” manner then I’m in sport mode anyway and ASS automatically disables…

The fact that people spend $100 on this just baffles me.

OP
OP
nswilliams

nswilliams

First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Senior Research Engineer
I don’t understand why this feature bothers people so much.
For “normal” daily driving ASS has never slowed me down or negatively affected me in any way.
If I’m driving in a “spirited” manner then I’m in sport mode anyway and ASS automatically disables…

The fact that people spend $100 on this just baffles me.
Good point. I haven't tried the sports mode permanently. How much MPG drop will we get in this mode?