• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Sport mode / Auto start stop

FarmGirl

First Name
Terri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford 150 XLT
Occupation
Engineer
I don't know if anyone else has discovered this.... but if you put the truck in Sport Mode it automatically turns off the Auto Start / Stop. This might be a quick solution to having to hit the button every time. And when I start the truck from a previous drive it asks if I want to stay in Sport Mode. Pretty nice.
Sponsored

fordtrks4ever

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Retired
My 2015 and 2019 F150 Platinum worked that way

OH3Cobra

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby, 2003 Cobra, 2002 Miata, 2013 SRT8 300
Occupation
Sales
great tip! Fellow Hoosier! Expecting mine by end of May! I'm on the Northside of Indy.

jrRaptor

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 93 cobra, 11 CTS-V, 15 GSX-R1000
Occupation
Engineer
Set up MyMode. Then when you start your car or at any point while you're driving, really, you press the myMode ("R") button on the steering wheel twice and sets everything to your desired modes. I have my MYMode set to Sport, Baja exhaust, firm steering, sport suspension, AS/S off. No matter what, you're pressing something lol. There really should be persistent memory on these where you don't have to confirm last setting; just get in and drive!

Sponsored
OP
OP

FarmGirl

First Name
Terri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford 150 XLT
Occupation
Engineer
Set up MyMode. Then when you start your car or at any point while you're driving, really, you press the myMode ("R") button on the steering wheel twice and sets everything to your desired modes. I have my MYMode set to Sport, Baja exhaust, firm steering, sport suspension, AS/S off. No matter what, you're pressing something lol. There really should be persistent memory on these where you don't have to confirm last setting; just get in and drive!
I have a Lariat. No 'R' button unless you have a Raptor.

atimberwolf

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor Gen 1; Ranger Raptor
Good call. I'm using the R mode too. If I idled in a city all the time, I'd leave auto S/S on, but out in the boonies it's not necessary.

sikedsyko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 05 Z4
Lack of memory on at least some of the settings is one of my biggest complaints with this truck. And the R button should be a toggle. R for full fuck around mode, then R again for return to normal.
Sponsored