• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Max Tire Size - Stock 2024 XLT FX4

Robo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5, VW Atlas
Hey All,

Hoping I will have my new Ranger in hand in the next couple of months. One of the first things I want to do is swap the factory 255/70R17 tires for something a little more aggressive/beefier, leaving the suspension stock (for now). I understand the 255/70R17 tires are about a 31.1" diameter tire. Does anyone know if a true 32" or even a 33" will fit on the stock truck without modification (or little modification)?

I know in the U.S. no one has their truck yet, but thinking maybe someone in the AU or EU may know since they have had their trucks for a year+ now.
Sponsored

ivotuk

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
IT
Don't do it unless you're absolutely sure! Bigger tires may fit under the fender, but will rub when you turn right or left, and when you hit uneven ground.

RangerFX4

First Name
Vern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Steel Buyer
I’m guessing you’ll be able to run a 265/70/17 or 255/75/17 on stock wheels and stock suspension like the 5g’s. I’ve been shopping for 265/70/17. Always run BFG’s all terrain, but looking at different brands this time.

MidnightBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Hey All,

Hoping I will have my new Ranger in hand in the next couple of months. One of the first things I want to do is swap the factory 255/70R17 tires for something a little more aggressive/beefier, leaving the suspension stock (for now). I understand the 255/70R17 tires are about a 31.1" diameter tire. Does anyone know if a true 32" or even a 33" will fit on the stock truck without modification (or little modification)?

I know in the U.S. no one has their truck yet, but thinking maybe someone in the AU or EU may know since they have had their trucks for a year+ now.
So based on the previous platform and European truck specs this is my educated guess (take with a grain of salt till we get US trucks).

265/70r17 will fit without rubbing and fill the wheel well nicely with stock suspension. This will affect your mpg very minimally. I would say this is optimal for on-road/offroad with no upgrades.

275/70 will likely need atleast a 2” lift and some trimming to fit without rub. This will affect your mpg -2ish depending on tire style, weight and rolling resistance. I would say this is optimal for more off-roading centric folk that still want to retain decent road performance but have beefier tires. This is max spec without regearing and doing a major suspension upgrade. It will feel heavier on-road but more planted off-road.

285/70 (Raptor spec) will likely need 2-4” suspension, trimming, lower offset and crash bars removed. This will affect your mpg much more due to the sprung weight of the tires. I don’t recommend this with the stock gear ratio, UCAs, axles, tie rods and a 2.3 it will likely feel sluggish and put a lot of stress on your CVs and steering rack when off-road. You’ll need a lot of aftermarket parts. This setup suits the Tremor/Raptor better. Tremor (if it comes out) likely will need upgraded parts as well but might have better gearing to support this. Raptor this is oem but you can probably go upto a 35” with a slight lift. But it looks cool so I’m sure people will try it on lower trims and break CV joints and tie rods in the process lol

Last edited:

rdwyer

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Next Gen Ford Ranger Sport 4x4 ordered
Occupation
Retired
So based on the previous platform and European truck specs this is my educated guess (take with a grain of salt till we get US trucks).

265/70r17 will fit without rubbing and fill the wheel well nicely with stock suspension. This will affect your mpg very minimally. I would say this is optimal for on-road/offroad with no upgrades.

275/70 will likely need atleast a 2” lift and some trimming to fit without rub. This will affect your mpg -2ish depending on tire style, weight and rolling resistance. I would say this is optimal for more off-roading centric folk that still want to retain decent road performance but have beefier tires. This is max spec without regearing and doing a major suspension upgrade. It will feel heavier on-road but more planted off-road.

285/70 (Raptor spec) will likely need 2-4” suspension, trimming, lower offset and crash bars removed. This will affect your mpg much more due to the sprung weight of the tires. I don’t recommend this with the stock gear ratio, UCAs, axles, tie rods and a 2.3 it will likely feel sluggish and put a lot of stress on your CVs and steering rack when off-road. You’ll need a lot of aftermarket parts. This setup suits the Tremor/Raptor better. Tremor (if it comes out) likely will need upgraded parts as well but might have better gearing to support this. Raptor this is oem but you can probably go upto a 35” with a slight lift. But it looks cool so I’m sure people will try it on lower trims and break CV joints and tie rods in the process lol
From the factory in Philippines the Sport variant and wildtrack come with Goodyear 255 65 R18

I was informed with no mods I can fit.

These tires sir are compatible on your unit.

BFGoodrich 265/60 R18
Falken Wildpeak AT 275/70 R18
Cooper STT Pro AT 275/70 R18

Hope this helps.

3231haven

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Next Gen Ranger Wildtrak -RA
Occupation
Retired Automotive Cad Monkey
Currently Running the following on my NEXT GEN Ranger and also ran them with the standard suspension setup before I did a lift with no issues.
WHEELS - CSA 18x8 +35 offset (standard factory +55 offset)
Tires - BF Goodrich K02 LT265/70R18 (same diameter as Raptor 285/70R17) (scope to increase to LT285/70R18)
Spare Tire size limit 828mm

WildTrax X comes with 17" +40mm offset rim

You can not compare the 6G Ranger to the 5G, as it has a totally different front end structure from the A pillar forward, and wheel track is 50mm wider with all new suspensions both front & Rear.
If you look at the Bronco it will give you an idea of the 6G Ranger front end, but unfortunately they are a little different.

Given Ford use a Max Grown tire profile to develop all their tire clearance envelopes, there is scope to go to a 265 on the standard rim, but it will depend on the tire brand. its the clearance to the front knuckle neck , siderail at full rebound left turn, right turn full jounce to plastic splash shield and the rear shock absorber at full rebound. People here in OZ are running the Raptor tires on the standard offset, but guessing a lot of those setups are not getting anywhere near extreme travel.
Sponsored