• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
3231haven

i am always interested in possible issues with the Ranger.

You talked about carrying turbo oil feed/drain pipes. What is going on with those that you would have to change them.
Sponsored

OP
OP
3231haven

3231haven

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Next Gen Ranger Wildtrak -RA
Occupation
Retired Automotive Cad Monkey
3231haven

i am always interested in possible issues with the Ranger.

You talked about carrying turbo oil feed/drain pipes. What is going on with those that you would have to change them.
That only relates to the V6 Diesel, which I'm pretty certain will not go into the US 6G Ranger.
Same Diesel engine that was in the F150 which was discontinued, but it has a different turbo and for some reason the turbo drain pipe which drains back into the block has cracked at the turbo connection. So it's not under pressure when it leaks and is manageable to a point. The other is on the high pressure side which needs to be fixed basically ASAP, thankfully I have not experienced that issue. Talking to people I know within Ford, it's still not a perfect fix yet by replacing the pipes with new pipes, as they have not found the root cause, as no development engines had the issue.
No a big issue, just need a set for any remote trips I do as its something which can be done by any mechanic. It happened around 10,000 km ago late last year so pretty certain they have the issue fixed now.