• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Underwhelmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SC, 1998 Cherokee XJ
Occupation
Retired
I don’t like the new 2024 Ranger looks. I’ll wait a year or two for GM twins and new Toyota experiences. In the mean time I found a cherry 2019 XLT FX4 Ranger SC that’ll I’ll buy tomorrow. Drove it and started paperwork this afternoon. My first Ford product. I must say I was surprised by the pep from that little 4 Banger. I’m concerned about the turbo, but the dealer eased that with a lifetime power train warranty.
Sponsored

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Guess I'm the contrarian here on looks of 5G vs. 6G. With exception of that fugly Black sports bra on the Wildtrack version we see pictures of - the 6G styling looks more like the natural evolution of Rangers to me while incorporating newest Ford design language across the truck range.

More importantly to me though is the thorough mechanical upgrade of the platform with expected better driving experience. Excited to actually see and drive at this point to see if it works better for my needs than my Maverick.

Another bonus for me is if all the 5G owner opinions here represent the majority of owners, I will have far less competition buying a new 6G :)

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
All the people commenting on the looks need to wait and see it in the flesh. I wasn't sold until I saw it with my own eyes, it's a good looking thing in the metal.

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WorldRanger 2AW & TKE, several VW Rabbit (Golf) MK2
All the people commenting on the looks need to wait and see it in the flesh. I wasn't sold until I saw it with my own eyes, it's a good looking thing in the metal.
no, I don‘t. The shape of the grill is just ugly. That‘s it. I mean, there was no need for this!
Ford Ranger North American 2024 Ford Ranger Spotted Without Camouflage 295D1AE8-D95C-41A4-B666-EE6E98868C74

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150
Sorry. 5G frontend for the win.
I agree. Somehow this truck already looks dated. Like they put zero effort into it. I hope they get the interior and powertrain right.....🤯

Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
I agree. Somehow this truck already looks dated. Like they put zero effort into it. I hope they get the interior and powertrain right.....🤯
The powertrain will be the same as the 5G so you're down to the interior. lol

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
I'm hoping the 2024 Ranger gets the all new 2.3 (all new 2.3 Ecoboost) that is coming in the 2024 Mustang. It has dual (port and direct) injection.
That would be great but my guess is it's the same as we have now. Only because it's the same one on the Bronco and they're both made at MAP. Hopefully I'm wrong but I can't see them having 2 different motors with 2 vehicles sharing the same platform. 🤷‍♂️

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150
I'm hoping the 2024 Ranger gets the all new 2.3 (all new 2.3 Ecoboost) that is coming in the 2024 Mustang. It has dual (port and direct) injection.
That would be a welcomed update, the 2.3L is a perfectly capable engine as long as they keep the 10R80, which doesn't seem logical being built alongside the Bronco that gets the 10R60.

That would be great but my guess is it's the same as we have now. Only because it's the same one on the Bronco and they're both made at MAP. Hopefully I'm wrong but I can't see them having 2 different motors with 2 vehicles sharing the same platform. 🤷‍♂️
Yeah for sure, and as I said in my other response, I hope that very reason doesn't mean a switch to the 10R60. The 2.7L Bronco seems so detuned or more accurately decalibrated (?) compared to every other application of the 2.7L. What transmission does the global 10 speed Ranger get? Also, I can see the Ranger only getting the 2.3 in non Raptor as Ford's priority at MAP will be the Bronco (2.7 option) for the foreseeable future.