• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Open letter to Jim Farley Mr. Over-promise/under-deliver

1986YellowRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Jim is going to be all over this letter right after he figures out how to move the stock price. I honestly don’t know how he still has a job. He’s built an entire senior executive team filled with overconfident idiots.

Ford Ranger Open letter to Jim Farley Mr. Over-promise/under-deliver IMG_0826
Sponsored

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
Well that will go nowhere but at least you got it off your chest.
I guess but at least he has reasonable expectation " I expect nothing " And we all can certainly empathize. The first part reflects my experience in terms of retail and stock orders....somehow my stock order disappeared and evidently my retail order prevailed and after less than a month in production is now built and as far as I know I get updates but dealer does not. My fight, less virulent as it is true that if you are to gain anything from those "in control" chances are you get it with honey :) at least after hundreds of interactions with airline representatives that has been my experience :) Personally I would be much more upset if the dealer suddenly decided they needed $5K or more in addition to sticker.

MoBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150 Raptor, 2024 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Ford just sucks….i ordered in the first 10 minutes from a large dealer and don’t have a build date. I have a few fords, nice mustangs and Raptors, have been a shareholder for a long time and can’t get priority. Farley should have been fired years ago for having orders and not taking them as priority builds. That AEV Colorado now has my wife’s name all over it.

fordtrks4ever

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Retired
My Dealer is a Large volume dealer so preferential treatment is not true
Most all March builds have shipped
Alot of January and February builds are in parking lot purgatory.
This is the 11th special order from Ford counting wife's orders and the worst experience thus far.
Really not a good look for Ford.

Sponsored

MJB4450

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger / Jeep Grand Cherokee
I say good on the OP. It may be an open letter but industry folks routinely monitor these forums. I think companies should be called out relentlessly for their incompetence, lies and taking their customers for granted. I remember when businesses treated customers well and gave individual service to maintain their customers. But those days are long gone and now we have grotesquely over paid executives who make bone headed decisions because they don't know or care about their customers, trip over themselves to take taxpayer money to make pie in the sky cars no one wants, then overcharge for the vehicles they do want to recoup their losses from their poor decision making. And to top that off, make promises they know they can't keep because no one is maintaining the processes they fantasized were in place to get the job done. But it's not just Ford who's screwing up. Look at all the other manufacturers who can't get their act together either. Then they even move production to $3 an hour countries and still slap a $50k price on a $30k truck. So if more folks had the OP's attitude they might get a clue that they might want to actually consider their customers in the equation. There, now I've vented to the barren void too.

Top Fuel Friday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Ranger Raptor, '22 Mach1, '21 Diesel Wrangler
OH, and already have SEVERAL replies, so…yeah…🤣🤣🤣
Moments ago.

Screenshot_20240508_084249_Facebook.jpg

These are popping up daily on the FB groups (and on here) IDK why anyone would sit waiting if they can get off a reservation and get one of the several at MSRP out there. Just saw a dude in California bought one from PA at MSRP, paid 2K to ship it where his local dealers were all 10K+ over MSRP.

CherryCoke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 ranger, 94explor, 16 Focus RS, 21 Bronco, 24 RR
Occupation
Drinking CherryCoke
These are popping up daily on the FB groups (and on here) IDK why anyone would sit waiting if they can get off a reservation and get one of the several at MSRP out there. Just saw a dude in California bought one from PA at MSRP, paid 2K to ship it where his local dealers were all 10K+ over MSRP.
That's what I'm saying. You just have to look around and you'll find one.

Sponsored

Top Fuel Friday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Ranger Raptor, '22 Mach1, '21 Diesel Wrangler
That's what I'm saying. You just have to look around and you'll find one.
Exactly what I did - Decided I wanted one, found one online same day 10 min from my house, checked with dealer - gave me MSRP price - delivered that night - picked up next morning.

Bomlodr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 1984 Mustang SVO
Occupation
Engineer
I say good on the OP. It may be an open letter but industry folks routinely monitor these forums. I think companies should be called out relentlessly for their incompetence, lies and taking their customers for granted. I remember when businesses treated customers well and gave individual service to maintain their customers. But those days are long gone and now we have grotesquely over paid executives who make bone headed decisions because they don't know or care about their customers, trip over themselves to take taxpayer money to make pie in the sky cars no one wants, then overcharge for the vehicles they do want to recoup their losses from their poor decision making. And to top that off, make promises they know they can't keep because no one is maintaining the processes they fantasized were in place to get the job done. But it's not just Ford who's screwing up. Look at all the other manufacturers who can't get their act together either. Then they even move production to $3 an hour countries and still slap a $50k price on a $30k truck. So if more folks had the OP's attitude they might get a clue that they might want to actually consider their customers in the equation. There, now I've vented to the barren void too.
"Good on the OP".....I respecfully disagree and offer a different opinion.
The OP is content with the perveived treatment by Ford and he really doesn't want the Ranger. What he wants, is the attention publicly complaining about the perception of ill treatment brings. And the proof is in his own words in this thread and actions in another (Squeaky Wheel). He seems happiest bitching about being left out of the process. I argue that if he were actually as upset as the context of his open letter indicates, he would have already taken his purchasing power elsewhere or as others have done, found an alternative path to Raptor ownership that subverts the current delays and supply issues.

The one point you made that I do agree with is "I remember when businesses treated customers well and gave individual service to maintain their customers." 100% correct...by and large, the world has changed and Ford couldn't give a shit about any of us.....we don't spend enough money individually for them to be concerned. The mentality is "if you don't want it, someone else will." The sad fact is Ford produces cars for the masses...not individuals.

MoBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150 Raptor, 2024 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Missed the point….Why should I have to look around when Ford has my order? If they would prioritize the orders they have over showroom trucks marked up 15k with no buyer, no one would be complaining. The dealers should not be the idiots prioritizing the build orders. My local dealer has two sitting and I hope they sit for years at 15k markup and they go out of business because of their greed. i could overpay but why, someone will sell one soon enough, probably before ford prioritizes mine. My complaint isn’t that I can’t get one, it’s that Ford doesn’t prioritize real buyers or their shareholders.

I researched and traveled to not overpay for a Raptor 37 during the height of the shortages, I certainly won’t overpay now that they are making RRaptors and they are sitting on the lot. I’ll wait or buy a different toy….after all it’s just for fun to keep some miles off the full size Raptor anyway.

Critical Habitat

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger Raptor (4/19/24)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
With a $15K markup, they will either sell the RR's to someone or will reduce or negotiate a smaller markup or sell at MSRP eventually. There are already others posting on this forum that have negotiated to lower or eliminate the ADM, with some success.
After the dealer is invoiced, they would want to sell fairly quickly, if possible, because a truck sitting on their lot is costing them money.
There will likely be more price increases from Ford coming for this specialty vehicle.

Critical Habitat

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger Raptor (4/19/24)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Well, 2023 and 2024 Bronco Raptors are selling for below MSRP at my dealer in Iowa.
Sponsored