• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

LoneStarCaviar

First Name
Bear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby Baja700 Raptor, 2018 Shelby Raptor
Occupation
Self Employed
Hey all, saw this video posted today about the Ranger Raptor. Not a very good look at the truck, but it’s something. It’s funny that it was posted onto the CEO of Ford’s YouTube channel with a whopping 171 subscribers and had 158 views when I watched it. What’s most hilarious is that he had to go to Australia to look at one. It’s like they don’t even have one built in the USA for him to show off. Either that or he’s trying to sell more trucks in Australia, all while us in the USA have had no new press about the truck in months. My dealer is saying I should get mine by the end of the month. I would lmfao if I get mine before TFL puts out a video driving one. What an age we live in LOL.

Sponsored

Rda2w

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor, 2019 BMW X3 M40i
Occupation
Engineer
That's funny, I thought the same thing when I watched it. Some strong genes in that family.

Sponsored

LFRR13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
...what’s most hilarious is that he had to go to Australia to look at one. It’s like they don’t even have one built in the USA for him to show off. Either that or he’s trying to sell more trucks in Australia, all while us in the USA have had no new press about the truck in months.
Here's another idea....stay with me on this...the CEO of one of the largest auto manufacturers in the world MIGHT have a busy schedule.

And AFTER the new Ranger is built overseas, and actively in market, and BEFORE or DURING the plant switch over in the US, he makes a trip to one of the most important global pickup truck markets to learn...and then shoots a video.

We have no idea when this video was shot. Again, y'all reading WAY too much into every little thing Ford is doing. Trips like this to international markets is par for the course for any manufacturer, regardless of European, American or Asian.

Rda2w

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor, 2019 BMW X3 M40i
Occupation
Engineer
Knowing how slow corporate PR is at releasing videos like this, it was likely filmed well before production started at MAP.

LFRR13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
To further my point:

He's going for a drive with Chaz Mostert, top Australian Supercar Series driver....and then this screengrab - #1 selling VEHICLE in Australia. And you thought it was hilarious that he had to go all the way there :LOL:. Farley is the CEO of Ford Global. Meaning he overseas virtually every country's sales. He's everyone's boss, and only answers to the board.
Ford Ranger New  Ranger Raptor video with Jim Farley Screenshot 2024-02-03 at 12.47.31 PM

pablo94sc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Ford's global car ended up being a pickup. Who knew? Lol

And for those laughing at Farley riding in a Raptor in Australia, it's summer there. Seems like the perfect time to film a PR video, and probably much nicer than a Detroit winter.

OP
OP
LoneStarCaviar

LoneStarCaviar

First Name
Bear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self Employed
Wow, the video still has less than 1000 views lol, good luck selling any trucks with a boring video that got no views. I’d say it’s a stretch to even claim they “drove” the new ranger raptor in the video. They got a legit race car driver in their “new” performance truck driving it like a grandma. I’m not criticizing him trying to sell the truck down under, just that it’s a lame video that doesn’t even look at the truck, and they definitely don’t show even a tidbit of its performance. It’s also been available for a year over there, and this is the best they can give us? Vaughn Gittin Jr was already drifting the new mustang on YouTube months before anyone had one. Even that video shared by Bonus Oz is lame. I guess we’ll have to wait for Hagerty to make a video, because the one they did with the Bronco Raptor is excellent, and should set the standard for how a truck review should be.

Sponsored

Tagtexas

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
There’s a lot of them built here in the USA.
I’d rather him go to Australia and drive theirs than to get one of ours to bash.

IMG_3514.jpeg

IMG_3476.jpeg

IMG_3477.jpeg

IMG_3480.jpeg

IMG_3479.jpeg

IMG_3478.jpeg

IMG_3481.jpeg

IMG_3483.jpeg

IMG_3482.jpeg

IMG_3484.jpeg
Thanks for the pics. Several Raptors out there too!

LFRR13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Wow, the video still has less than 1000 views lol, good luck selling any trucks with a boring video that got no views. I’d say it’s a stretch to even claim they “drove” the new ranger raptor in the video. They got a legit race car driver in their “new” performance truck driving it like a grandma. I’m not criticizing him trying to sell the truck down under, just that it’s a lame video that doesn’t even look at the truck, and they definitely don’t show even a tidbit of its performance. It’s also been available for a year over there, and this is the best they can give us? Vaughn Gittin Jr was already drifting the new mustang on YouTube months before anyone had one. Even that video shared by Bonus Oz is lame. I guess we’ll have to wait for Hagerty to make a video, because the one they did with the Bronco Raptor is excellent, and should set the standard for how a truck review should be.
It's the CEO's personal channel. It isn't meant to garner massive views. It's just his personal page. He's probably never on there nor does he run it himself. He probably didn't even post it. Probably told someone too. It is a generic, typical, brand video. It isn't meant to do anything. Ford Performance's own video from 8 months ago has 330k views and there are countless video from Australia on the current RR, now in its 2nd year over there. Also, the UK reviews are starting to hit, because they just got theirs.

Ford won't have any issues selling any version of the Ranger.

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's the CEO's personal channel. It isn't meant to garner massive views. It's just his personal page. He's probably never on there nor does he run it himself. He probably didn't even post it. Probably told someone too. It is a generic, typical, brand video. It isn't meant to do anything. Ford Performance's own video from 8 months ago has 330k views and there are countless video from Australia on the current RR, now in its 2nd year over there. Also, the UK reviews are starting to hit, because they just got theirs.

Yeah... the ranger is already the best selling truck in australia and i'd bet nearly ever raptor allocation in the USA is currently sold out. I don't think Jim Farley really cares about the viewcount here :LOL:

OP
OP
LoneStarCaviar

LoneStarCaviar

First Name
Bear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self Employed

Be that as it may, his video still sucked, and I bet they spent the cost of a new Ranger Raptor to make it. Unless they were just wasting money, they were likely hoping the video would help drive sales. I’ll be waiting to see if such a large company as Ford can do better in the future, because I love all my fords, and hate to see how lame they are sometimes lol. Maybe Mr. Farley will see the Hagerty video and get inspired to do better. At least let the race car driver drive the truck over 30 mph lol.

LFRR13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Be that as it may, his video still sucked, and I bet they spent the cost of a new Ranger Raptor to make it. Unless they were just wasting money, they were likely hoping the video would help drive sales. I’ll be waiting to see if such a large company as Ford can do better in the future, because I love all my fords, and hate to see how lame they are sometimes lol. Maybe Mr. Farley will see the Hagerty video and get inspired to do better. At least let the race car driver drive the truck over 30 mph lol.
Ford globally had a revenue of $174 BILLION. Whether or not they blew $60k on a video is academic. The percentage is so miniscule the calculation has letters in it. It's a rounding error. And again, Ford is a GLOBAL company, and regardless of what they did with this video, it is more of an internal marketing tool than anything else. Chaz probably never met Farley before, despite his professional accolades. So it's a nod to various people that make the brand work around the world.

Further more, the number of internal legal hurdles all OEMs have to go through to put out any kind of marketing content is hilarious. And to that point, the less extreme the video, the easier it is for legal to sign off on it, to ensure that someone (probably in the US) does sure Ford for promoting speed.

No money wasted here; its the cost of doing business, keeping your employees entertained, and giving us just one more piece of content before the vehicle drops. Everyone is clamoring for, and consuming as much as possible, and you're complaining about the least significant piece of content on YouTube. What about the HUNDREDS of other videos with millions of views combined? from people who have owned, driven and modified them? None of that is enough?
Sponsored