• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

OPENPILOT ON 24 FORD RANGER LIMITED PLUS

wagnerja

First Name
Wagner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Lmited PLUS
Hey guys! I installed comma3x openpilot on my Ford Ranger, running in dascam mode, using the sunnypilot fork. These are the first tests, on the highway it's pretty cool, I can drive 100km without intervention.

Sponsored

Sponsored

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you have any complaints with the hardware or software? I'm very interested in this once i get my truck.

Does the comma3x also function like any traditional dashcam? It looks like with the free subscription tier all footage gets saved for 3 days which is usually plenty.

it sounds like there's a special kit required for the ranger, the CAN-FD panda kit. is this everything you had to purchase?
Ford Ranger OPENPILOT ON 24 FORD RANGER LIMITED PLUS 1711662918949-bc

Last edited:
OP
OP

wagnerja

First Name
Wagner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Lmited PLUS
Do you have any complaints with the hardware or software? I'm very interested in this once i get my truck.

Does the comma3x also function like any traditional dashcam? It looks like with the free subscription tier all footage gets saved for 3 days which is usually plenty.

it sounds like there's a special kit required for the ranger, the CAN-FD panda kit. is this everything you had to purchase?
1711662918949-bc.png
I am very satisfied with the hardware and software, Openpilot does not work 100% original, I use a SunnyPilot fork, all Ford cars are not yet 100% compatible, but this has not been a problem, on highways, it is Working normally, my biggest difficulty is in the city with the very sharp curves.

Nothing is needed other than the comma 3x and the q4 harness for the ford Ranger. Panda is already embedded in the comma 3x hardware.

Ford Ranger OPENPILOT ON 24 FORD RANGER LIMITED PLUS 1711969562829-rh

pjbfsc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford ranger 2023
Hi. I was wondering if you could explain the q4 installation and where the connections are in the ranger. I have looked in my ranger under mirror and the camera control box is not there. I have just received my comma 3x.but I ordered the Q3 kit. Now waiting for the q 4 kit. So any install hints would be helpful. Thanks

OP
OP

wagnerja

First Name
Wagner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Lmited PLUS
Hi. I was wondering if you could explain the q4 installation and where the connections are in the ranger. I have looked in my ranger under mirror and the camera control box is not there. I have just received my comma 3x.but I ordered the Q3 kit. Now waiting for the q 4 kit. So any install hints would be helpful. Thanks
Could you join on discord community, send us a message, i have made some video, I can share with you, the IPMA module is locate behind the main display. I can help you on it, and you need Q4 harness

pjbfsc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford ranger 2023
have joined discord but cant find you under wagnerja as a user, what server are you on in discord

Sponsored