Sponsored

Pro Cal tune

Nikki_krause

Active Member
First Name
Nikki
Joined
Nov 17, 2024
Threads
12
Messages
32
Reaction score
11
Location
06831
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Hey Guys,
Just installed my pro cal tune on my 2024 Ranger raptor and I saw some people said that a good way to identify if it’s on is that the boost should reach around 24 psi however I’m only getting up to 19. Keep in mind. I installed it about an hour ago. Did you guys who noticed 25 psi see that immediately or took some time. I also noticed that on the tuner itself under module info the number the SW number after the tune was slightly different than before so I feel like that’s a good sign and I was curious if anyone else noticed that Or if everyone should have the same number after the tuner. I’m running a mix of 94 and 89 and once that’s empty I’ll go full 93. The car feels snappy for sure and shifts feel great but I’m not seeing that boost. I think it’s worth mentioning aswell that I had the dealer install it yet they did not tell me about running 91 so I returned it to stock hoping to avoid any knocking and then once I got half 94 in now put it back on.
Please let me know what you guys think or if you think the boost is normal or something’s off
Thank you,
Nikki
Sponsored

 

wolf32v

Well-Known Member
First Name
Kenneth
Joined
Jan 31, 2023
Threads
13
Messages
131
Reaction score
189
Location
Arkansas
Vehicle(s)
Sheltor Green Ranger Raptor.
Occupation
Railroader
Yes I did see the 25psi but it depends on what sea level, temp, humidity and DA your at as to how much boost you will see. Cold denser air you will see less boost. Stock boost max was 15 so your tune is installed. Mine went from seeing 25 to max 26 psi in the fall to now in the winter 22 max and I'am in Arkansas which is at sea level.
 

SubaruRaptor

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jory
Joined
Jun 28, 2024
Threads
8
Messages
801
Reaction score
745
Location
North
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Forester, 2024 Ranger Raptor
Hey Guys,
Just installed my pro cal tune on my 2024 Ranger raptor and I saw some people said that a good way to identify if it’s on is that the boost should reach around 24 psi however I’m only getting up to 19. Keep in mind. I installed it about an hour ago. Did you guys who noticed 25 psi see that immediately or took some time. I also noticed that on the tuner itself under module info the number the SW number after the tune was slightly different than before so I feel like that’s a good sign and I was curious if anyone else noticed that Or if everyone should have the same number after the tuner. I’m running a mix of 94 and 89 and once that’s empty I’ll go full 93. The car feels snappy for sure and shifts feel great but I’m not seeing that boost. I think it’s worth mentioning aswell that I had the dealer install it yet they did not tell me about running 91 so I returned it to stock hoping to avoid any knocking and then once I got half 94 in now put it back on.
Please let me know what you guys think or if you think the boost is normal or something’s off
Thank you,
Nikki
As mentioned, looking at the boost isnt the way to see if its installed. Also your mixed gas is gonna cause it to behave abnormal since mixing 84 and 89 will give you a weird octane rating. Run the gas out, give it some time to learn in. If the module indicated the SW number changed your good to go. This tune is pretty small from an actual increase so its not something you are gonna be floored with on the butt dino.
 
OP
OP

Nikki_krause

Active Member
First Name
Nikki
Joined
Nov 17, 2024
Threads
12
Messages
32
Reaction score
11
Location
06831
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Yes I did see the 25psi but it depends on what sea level, temp, humidity and DA your at as to how much boost you will see. Cold denser air you will see less boost. Stock boost max was 15 so your tune is installed. Mine went from seeing 25 to max 26 psi in the fall to now in the winter 22 max and I'am in Arkansas which is at sea level.
I’m in Connecticut I thought stock boost was 18 psi?
As mentioned, looking at the boost isnt the way to see if its installed. Also your mixed gas is gonna cause it to behave abnormal since mixing 84 and 89 will give you a weird octane rating. Run the gas out, give it some time to learn in. If the module indicated the SW number changed your good to go. This tune is pretty small from an actual increase so its not something you are gonna be floored with on the butt dino.
Ok I will do that and see if anything changes. Thank you
 

Sponsored

AMGRAPTOR

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2024
Threads
11
Messages
176
Reaction score
193
Location
FL
Vehicle(s)
2024 Raptor Ranger
I was at 17~18 psi before FP tune. After I always see 23-25 psi full throttle. @SubaruRaptor is right about the gas and the tune having to learn so give it some time and it will get more powerful over the next few hundred miles.
 

wolf32v

Well-Known Member
First Name
Kenneth
Joined
Jan 31, 2023
Threads
13
Messages
131
Reaction score
189
Location
Arkansas
Vehicle(s)
Sheltor Green Ranger Raptor.
Occupation
Railroader
Boost is based on your humidity, density of air and sea level. I was told this by Ford performance as my boost went from a high of 26 to 22 as it got colder and more humid. My max boost before the tune was 15 to 16 in my Raptor Ranger and a friends Bronco Raptor on the same day did a max of 16. After the tune it went to 26 psi max but usaully hit 25 most of the the time. When the weather changed and it got colder it was around 22. I called the tech line at Ford performance and they told me the boost presure will change based on humidity, density of air and sea level. Stock Max boost is set at 16 psi at sea level according to Ford on the stock tune. I have always ran 93 in my truck even before the tune so gas never had an effect on my boost. TFL showed before and after tune boost levels they were at 12 psi stock and after tune it was 17 psi they are a mile above sea level.

 

AlpineBike

Banned
Banned
First Name
Andrew
Joined
Mar 29, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
425
Reaction score
540
Location
Waitsfield, VT
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
These cars do not use a boost target.

They use a torque target and will vary boost, timing, and a bunch of other factors to achieve a specific torque target.
 

T-Rev

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2023
Threads
6
Messages
344
Reaction score
343
Location
Florida
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
I suspect it is your gas. I've seen similar behavior mentioned.

Another way you can check for the tune is to brake boost while stopped. Stock it won't reach near full boost, but the tune does.
 

chrisriner

Active Member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Oct 16, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
40
Reaction score
37
Location
Holly Springs, GA
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Mobile App Developer
I spoke with Ford Performance and they said by looking at software version on pro call if the sw version has FP in it then it is the tuned software installed so you can confirm with that. Here is picture.

Ford Ranger Pro Cal tune IMG_0312
 

Sponsored

BradleyC

Active Member
First Name
Bradley
Joined
Jul 3, 2026
Threads
6
Messages
37
Reaction score
29
Location
North Mississippi
Vehicle(s)
26 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Investigator
Anyone have a good sale on it right now? I should have ordered one when Ford had 25percent off. Im hoping they will have a sale for/near Christmas
 

NOT_RAPTOR

Active Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
33
Reaction score
23
Location
Cleveland
Vehicle(s)
2026 Ranger Raptor
Anyone have a good sale on it right now? I should have ordered one when Ford had 25percent off. Im hoping they will have a sale for/near Christmas
https://www.tirerack.com/engine_tun...MIgair7tHulgMV-IDCCB1GSCrqEAQYAiABEgITe_D_BwE

TireRack, but it's on back order and they keep pushing my shipping date back. Expected to ship early November.

I originally ordered from Ford and they also delayed for a week with no update before they let me cancel my order with no explanation of why they hadn't shipped it. Ordered from Tire Rack and was immediately told it was on backorder.

I'm fine with waiting to save $250.
 

superj

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jason
Joined
Feb 8, 2025
Threads
44
Messages
4,035
Reaction score
3,902
Location
Corpus christi texas
Vehicle(s)
2024 ford ranger, 2019 wrangler, 2018 mazda3
Occupation
Retired
Google and check some tuners. I forget where I got mine but it was 200 less than Ford online and that online dealer that usually has great prices
Sponsored

 
 







Top