• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Rain Noise

kmacfsu

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW X5
I was in a rainstorm today with my new Raptor and it sounded like I was in a barn with a tin roof. Is it possible, the factory somehow missed installing the baffling between the cab roof and headliner?

Anyone else noticed this?
Sponsored

Cyrusblack

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat Oxford White \ Sandstone
Occupation
Chief Executive Officer of Pencil Sharpening
Living in Florida we don’t remember what rain is anymore. One match carelessly thrown and the whole state will disappear

jrRaptor

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 93 cobra, 11 CTS-V, 15 GSX-R1000
Occupation
Engineer
I certainly know what hail sounds like in the Ranger lol 😬

Rapture2423

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
I was in a rainstorm today with my new Raptor and it sounded like I was in a barn with a tin roof. Is it possible, the factory somehow missed installing the baffling between the cab roof and headliner?

From my understanding and watching AUS reviews there is no sound dampening material above the roof liner from the factory. It's a common mod Aussies did when adding a roof rack due to having the roof liner down at that time. Adding it does seem to make a big difference

Skitrem47

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 Runner TRD Pro
Occupation
Teacher

Holy sh$# Yes!

I noticed it the other day and was not happy about it. It’s like there is nothing there.

Sponsored

cc1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford 2dr Bronco / 2021 RAM TRX
Holy sh$# Yes!

I noticed it the other day and was not happy about it. It’s like there is nothing there.

Great video, he did the doors in a video today.

That video does prove there is nothing up there.

Skitrem47

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 Runner TRD Pro
Occupation
Teacher
Great video, he did the doors in a video today.

That video does prove there is nothing up there.
This seems like a must need, but I am terrified to remove wiring and my headliner panel to do this. He broke a clip doing it. I’d be beside myself.

Tomikaze

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24’ Cactus Gray Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Automotive Software Sales
You guys are killing me. OCD kicking in. Taking delivery this week and the list of things 'to do' to the Raptor just keeps getting longer. There goes my summer...

RapRanger21

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss Mustang, Maverick, Lowrider ST
Occupation
Drive

I'll have to check this out, drove my new Ranger Raptor direct from Gorno Ford dealer, thank you, Michael Rey, outside Detroit to my home in North Carolina, pretty much rained the entire way. Was quieter than my 2015 f150 in the rain. So I guess be glad it's not aluminum. And the exhaust is nice. :)
Sponsored