• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ranger Raptor Allocations

cc1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford 2dr Bronco / 2021 RAM TRX
No, but retail orders are price protected typically.
When I tried to order my Bronco back in 2021 no allocations were available.
When I tried again in 2022 same thing happened.
So, I gave them my order anyway spring 2022 and come spring 2023 the 2023 order bank still had not opened and there was not any price protection unless you had an accepted order in for a 2022. So, I had no price protection.
It was a mess to order Bronco's in 2021-2023, which I would have to think has to have improved somewhat by now.
Just didn't have the patients for all that BS again, so I used the same national search and buying tactics I had ended up using to buy my Bronco last year, to also secure my new Raptor order for this spring.
Sponsored

Critical Habitat

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Just didn't have the patients for all that BS again, so I used the same national search and buying tactics I had ended up using to buy my Bronco last year, to also secure my new Raptor order for this spring.
Me, too, but only because I was late to the long wait. Almost 3 days/nights of sending out inquiries, then finally landing one (allocation) in late Feb. with no ADM and in the color I liked. Plus, apparently, I qualified for their special "internet price". Not much savings, but it is something.

cc1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Me, too, but only because I was late to the long wait. Almost 3 days/nights of sending out inquiries, then finally landing one (allocation) in late Feb. with no ADM and in the color I liked. Plus, apparently, I qualified for their special "internet price". Not much savings, but it is something.
Yea, same sort of procedure for me as well, took about 3 days, lots of text, emails and phone calls to finally land on one that was in the color I wanted with all the options I did want plus few I didn’t , and was able to negotiated the 5k ADM down to a 2k adm, which I was willing to pay, in order to skip all the crazy ordering BS and very long wait time to get one locally. Luckily the one I was able to work the deal out on is with in a reasonable driving distance (about 4hr drive from home), so I won’t have to pay shipping this time. All the others had very long distances requiring shipping plus higher ADMs and higher doc fees. Some places have up to $800-900 doc fees, mine was only going to be 300. Which todays world 300 isn't to bad for a doc fee.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
When I tried to order my Bronco back in 2021 no allocations were available.
When I tried again in 2022 same thing happened.
So, I gave them my order anyway spring 2022 and come spring 2023 the 2023 order bank still had not opened and there was not any price protection unless you had an accepted order in for a 2022. So, I had no price protection.
It was a mess to order Bronco's in 2021-2023, which I would have to think has to have improved somewhat by now.
I finally got my Bronco last June, after a 32 month wait, but I had altered the order to the minimum spec'd Bronco I'd ever own (Advanced Base 2Dr with 2.7, aux switches and modular bumper), because I was going after a Ranger Raptor.

I had put myself on the waiting list back in Oct 2022 and was #1 on the list with another person who wasn't sure because they had their Bronco coming. Fast forward to the end of May 2023 and I go in to officially place my order and find out the 'uncertain' person wanted the first one and I got bumped to #2.

As of last week, the 'uncertain' person who got the first allocation hasn't been selected to build as of yet and my local Dealer is pretty small, so they have no clue when the next allocation allotment will come. The best part of it all is there are now 3 other people behind me.

I was getting fed up with the b.s, so I had a relative approach me and asked if it came down to it, would I be interested in taking over their RCSB F150 order that they had a deposit (non-refundable) on.

Things didn't pan out for them, so after getting in-touch with their Dealer, I was able to take over the order. It has previewed twice already, so it's a matter of time before it's built.

It's also why I've not been around here as much.

Chassis N2531

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
Doubt the plenty available will be accurate. My dealer has a 10 person wtg list. And this is before they are out there and seen by people.
A lot of people wanted a Shelby too...right before they had to write the check. A lot of new units sat on the floor. As I said the challenge will be finding the right deal.

I've heard that MAP is building at a 10% blend rate of RR. About 100 a day. I hope that it's true and it continues.

Sponsored

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
So most dealers in the country received 1 initial allocation for the Raptor.
Now that most of those are being built and delivered soon, what's next? Do we have any idea if dealers are gonna get a lot more of those or not?

I am trying to understand my chances to get a Ranger Raptor this year in 2024 and if I can't get one I will get a different truck.

It kind of puzzles me that Ford would not produce a lot more of Ranger Raptor. Demand and interest for the non Raptor is super low compared to the new Tacoma, but they would sell a lot of Raptor. And while it's understandable they keep the F-150 Raptor (and especially the R version) as a very limited vehicle to enhance hype, there is no sense in doing that with a $55K mid size Raptor. They are just hurting their sale opportunities.
if you have been following the state of the economy and reporting on the average family cost of living (taken with a mountain of salt of course) there just aren't many people well off enough to financially afford a luxury item like a Raptor. This is an enthusiast purpose-built vehicle with a pretty small % of the car buying universe interested AND capable of owning. NOT a car for the masses that struggle to afford basic transportation, housing, debt loads, etc. IMHO.

cc1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think the Ranger Raptor at its current price point in the light truck market is going to be making for a very intriguing proposition.

It may be classed as mid-sized but sure seems to be knocking on the door of the 1/2 ton segment with everything except its overall physical size.

With as large that the 1500 full size trucks have gotten, seems this truck may be going to carve out a real sweet spot for itself in overall light duty truck market. I just hope Ford is smart enough to capitalize on it and maybe broaden its appeal with a bit more toned-down interior maybe one without all the orange trim.

Let's say Ford was to offer at least an orange delete for the interior of the Raptor, offer vents for the back seat and cooled front seats, I think would make take big step in giving it that broader appeal making it even more of a potential home run.

If it only had a few extra features, it would be pretty much just as nice any of the full-size trucks in market where an F15O XLT 4x4 with just a few nice features is about the same money as a loaded Ranger Raptor.

A really hard loaded AT4X from GMC is up in the 80s, which is also among similar priced Fords and Rams with similar options.

I think with the Raptors capability, and luxury aspects to it, really makes a very appealing proposition for anyone in the market for a nice high feature near luxury truck all for about 20K less, that is easier to park, fits in most garages, still can haul the family when needed.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
A lot of people wanted a Shelby too...right before they had to write the check. A lot of new units sat on the floor. As I said the challenge will be finding the right deal.

I've heard that MAP is building at a 10% blend rate of RR. About 100 a day. I hope that it's true and it continues.
That is to get caught up on the initial allocation of one to each dealer. I don't expect it to remain that high of a percentage long term.

Sportshot2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F 150 FX4 (totaled) 2021 Acura RDX, 2021 KIA
Occupation
Retired
I picked up a new Ranger raptor yesterday and the sales manager told me that they might get another one because Ford has a tendency to give you one when you sell one. Don’t know if those are the facts. That’s just what he told me.
Sponsored