• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ranger Raptor drivers door has to be closed hard / slammed

mperezkr

First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor
same, i just close my door last so that'll i'll be the one slamming it. pressure doesn't allow it close softly. or you can open a window until all doors are close.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sportshot2

Sportshot2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F 150 FX4 (totaled) 2021 Acura RDX, 2021 KIA
Occupation
Retired
UPDATE: Today I took my Ranger back the 44 mi to the selling dealer to have them look at the door. They do not have a body shop but took a video of the door closing problem to send to Ford. They then sent me to a local bodyshop they use. The guys there were very good and spent about 10 minutes adjusting the striker and got it to move just enough for the latch to properly work without slamming the door.

Happy that the number one issue I had with the truck looks to be solved. Now if they could just make the electronics easier to find what I’m looking for I’d be 100% Satisfied.

Jeffola

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor, 2019 Shelby GT350
Occupation
Business Development
Hi there! If you would like any assistance with your concerns, please feel free to send us a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info.
This is on my brand new 2024 I got on Monday

wlarsen76

First Name
Wells
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor
I took my Ranger Raptor to the closet dealer to my house, Hudson Ford, and they opened and closed it about 10 times with about 7 the door did not close properly. This dealer is owned by Lithia, which just recently purchased it. Things seemed to changed when they asked me where I purchased it. I told them they didn’t have any and I purchased it elsewhere. They said there’s nothing wrong with it, but didn’t try the other doors like I asked them to.

pretty obvious that they don’t want to work on it if they didn’t sell it. They also add a LoJack at $500 to all new and used vehicles they sell. Looks like they are just turning into someone I don’t want to do business with.

Ford has started a case on my truck and I am taking it to the selling dealer on June 6 but they don’t have a body shop. I’ll wait and see what they say, but at this point I might just end up taking it to my cousins shop and pay him to fix it.
Ugh. I also purchased my RR elsewhere and Hudson Ford is my home dealer. I am really disappointed to hear that they turned into that.
The only door that I have trouble with is my back driver's side, but I just open my driver's door first and then close the back. It's fine then.
My hood does need to be slammed to shut.
Sponsored